Slash is sick of the media creating GNR conflict

That isn't true, Slash plays smaller shows and less festivals and doesn't headline RIR. But he probably makes the same money as Axl? and has a much higher media profile. He's up in CR like a motherfucker. The light show and hookers onstage must cost more than that Slash tarpaulin they hang behind the drum riser.

Slash got rid of some of baggage of stadium rock to do what he wanted. That's what going solo is really. They were up there with VR for a whole maybe kicking GNRs ass for a bit. But to keep it going on the GNR level must a buttload of work.

Edited by wasted

It's so odd that Axl refuses to talk about the old band, even going so far as to have his "team" tell the interviewers before hand to NOT ask questions about the old band.....but that's perfectly OK. Weird how some people hold Axl and Slash to different standards.

Isn't Slash the guy that originally went to the media to talk smack about Axl Rose? Weren't there a ton of interviews where he openly put Axl down?

Link me to those interviews where he openly put Axl down. Don't worry, 20 interviews will be more than enough, no need to share thousands. ;)

Can you imagine what these forums would do if Slash came out and called Axl a cancer? Or said that the band would have been better off without Axl? Or if Slash logged on and called a forum mod homophobic names? A lesbian c*nt that nobody cares about......LOL, Slash says "old what's his name" and gets crucified. The double standard is hilarious.

Axl waited how long to let all the Slash interviews sink in before he got to the level of calling him a cancer?

who is fueling anything? All I've seen is that World on Fire special in Classic Rock. Has there been reunion hype or anything lately. The under current is constant on the forums.

I guess the HOF stuff was kind of reunion based, but that kind was a positive for Slash showing how Axl wouldn't do a reunion and Slash would.

Slash has coat tailed this reunion/feud stuff for too long to pull out. The bitch is already pregnant fro christ sakes.

Edited by wasted

who is fueling anything? All I've seen is that World on Fire special in Classic Rock. Has there been reunion hype or anything lately. The under current is constant on the forums.

I guess the HOF stuff was kind of reunion based, but that kind was a positive for Slash showing how Axl wouldn't do a reunion and Slash would.

Slash has coat tailed this reunion/feud stuff for too long to pull out. The bitch is already pregnant fro christ sakes.

That's what Slash was trying to say with his getting sick of it comments. The bitch is already pregnant, leave me alone to take a nap in peace.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Axl = a God of integrity for doing it his way. Fans love the "quality" over quantity approach. Fans pine every fucking year for Axl to play the super bowl.

Slash = a sell out, attention seeking, money hungry whore who does one little spot at the Super Bowl and he's a bitch.

Reverse their careers and the zealots would flip their opinion and think Slash was a fucking lazy loser who did nothing but tarnish the GnR name and waste his career where as Axl would be the king of relevancy and a creative force willing to work with anyone and broding his musical landscape.

I just think putting out 10 mediocre GNR albums with Slash would not have been good for GNR they could have slid away like The Almighty.

So maybe Axl is 1 record behind but CD is like 2 in 1. It's not as simple as whatever does is right, it just so happens I think he did it about right.

. He took his time to make a good GNR album. Short term maybe playing along might have made more money but long term CD is a better record.

Slash makes a record every 3 years, Axl makes one every 10 years. Both are okay with me.

As somebody who loves Axl as much as you do, those statements just blow me away.

Why do you think the Axl-Slash-Duff combination would have put out "mediocre" albums?

Axl is 1 record behind? He has released one album since 1993. I think Slash has put out six in that same time period? Izzy has put out over ten. Duff has been on like 10 albums. One behind?

CD is like 2 albums in 1? How do you figure? 14 songs equal 14 songs. That's one album's worth of material.

Axl (along with Slash/Duff/Izzy) were able to put out four amazing albums in a five year period. Why do you think that Axl can now only do only album ten years (which is a typo on your part as it should say one album every 20 years)?

By saying that Axl is about quality and not quantity (a common theme on these forums) what people are really saying is that Axl only has the skills/talent to write one quality album every 10-to-20 years. Why do you think he lost his ability to write great music in a normal time frame?

Finally, what would you rather have if you could chose:

Chinese Democracy and no news of a new album.

or

1997 GnR album (with Slash, Duff, Matt), 2002 Axl Rose solo album, Chinese Democracy, Chinese Democracy 2, Chinese Democracy 3, and a new album just released that was written by the current band.

Do you really think that Axl and GnR fans would be sitting around going "Man, I wish Axl hadn't release so much music over the last 20 years. Quality over quantity. One album would have been so much better than the five albums he has released since Spaghetti Incident."

Whose to say that ten Guns N’ Roses albums with Slash, would be ‘mediocre’? The four albums recorded with Slash 1987-1991 are certainly not ‘mediocre.’ Why then, in let’s say 1994-5, would Slash suddenly start producing mediocre musical contributions? Whose also to say that a raw rock n’ roll direction was, not the correct approach to Guns N’ Rose’s follow-up to Illusion. Consider the fact that, now, in 2014, it is the retro style that is the more admired (than the overdubbed style of the mid-late ‘90s). A lot of bands are actually stripping their sound down these days.

Whose to say that ten Guns N’ Roses albums with Slash, would be ‘mediocre’? The four albums recorded with Slash 1987-1991 are certainly not ‘mediocre.’ Why then, in let’s say 1994-5, would Slash suddenly start producing mediocre musical contributions? Whose also to say that a raw rock n’ roll direction was, not the correct approach to Guns N’ Rose’s follow-up to Illusion. Consider the fact that, now, in 2014, it is the retro style that is the more admired (than the overdubbed style of the mid-late ‘90s). A lot of bands are actually stripping their sound down these days.

Yeah, there is no way to know it would have been mediocre. My guess is, at least some songs would have been great. That's what happens when you combine Axl's voice with Slash's guitar. 10 albums? at least a few great songs imo. Maybe even an album's worth.

It's so odd that Axl refuses to talk about the old band, even going so far as to have his "team" tell the interviewers before hand to NOT ask questions about the old band.....but that's perfectly OK. Weird how some people hold Axl and Slash to different standards.

Isn't Slash the guy that originally went to the media to talk smack about Axl Rose? Weren't there a ton of interviews where he openly put Axl down?

Link me to those interviews where he openly put Axl down. Don't worry, 20 interviews will be more than enough, no need to share thousands. ;)
Can you imagine what these forums would do if Slash came out and called Axl a cancer? Or said that the band would have been better off without Axl? Or if Slash logged on and called a forum mod homophobic names? A lesbian c*nt that nobody cares about......LOL, Slash says "old what's his name" and gets crucified. The double standard is hilarious.

Axl waited how long to let all the Slash interviews sink in before he got to the level of calling him a cancer?

Axl has not explained why all the things Slash has said since he left Gn'R are "lies" even though most of them have been confirmed by other members of real Guns N' Roses or the crew or people working with the band during that time. Axl, however, goes in circles with his own bullshit trying to convince the fans that he's innocent of everything.

I can't believe a guy who makes excuses for being late, blaming everything and everyone but himself.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

I think reunions are a great thing because it's all about the audience's love for the material, people enjoyed seeing Cheech and Chong again, and Monty Python. It brings people joy and entertains them. All the bullshit that goes on between entertainers doesn't matter when it comes to the stage, there's a lot of bullshit going on behind the scenes no matter what kind of show it is, I don't care if it's the local high school production.

Axl = a God of integrity for doing it his way. Fans love the "quality" over quantity approach. Fans pine every fucking year for Axl to play the super bowl.

Slash = a sell out, attention seeking, money hungry whore who does one little spot at the Super Bowl and he's a bitch.

Reverse their careers and the zealots would flip their opinion and think Slash was a fucking lazy loser who did nothing but tarnish the GnR name and waste his career where as Axl would be the king of relevancy and a creative force willing to work with anyone and broding his musical landscape.

I just think putting out 10 mediocre GNR albums with Slash would not have been good for GNR they could have slid away like The Almighty.

So maybe Axl is 1 record behind but CD is like 2 in 1. It's not as simple as whatever does is right, it just so happens I think he did it about right.

. He took his time to make a good GNR album. Short term maybe playing along might have made more money but long term CD is a better record.

Slash makes a record every 3 years, Axl makes one every 10 years. Both are okay with me.

As somebody who loves Axl as much as you do, those statements just blow me away.

Why do you think the Axl-Slash-Duff combination would have put out "mediocre" albums?

Axl is 1 record behind? He has released one album since 1993. I think Slash has put out six in that same time period? Izzy has put out over ten. Duff has been on like 10 albums. One behind?

CD is like 2 albums in 1? How do you figure? 14 songs equal 14 songs. That's one album's worth of material.

Axl (along with Slash/Duff/Izzy) were able to put out four amazing albums in a five year period. Why do you think that Axl can now only do only album ten years (which is a typo on your part as it should say one album every 20 years)?

By saying that Axl is about quality and not quantity (a common theme on these forums) what people are really saying is that Axl only has the skills/talent to write one quality album every 10-to-20 years. Why do you think he lost his ability to write great music in a normal time frame?

or

1997 GnR album (with Slash, Duff, Matt), 2002 Axl Rose solo album, Chinese Democracy, Chinese Democracy 2, Chinese Democracy 3, and a new album just released that was written by the current band.

Do you really think that Axl and GnR fans would be sitting around going "Man, I wish Axl hadn't release so much music over the last 20 years. Quality over quantity. One album would have been so much better than the five albums he has released since Spaghetti Incident."

That's a pretty interesting statement that the next albums wouldn't have been up to par. While I've enjoyed everything Axl has put out I think there rly might be some truth to that. And maybe Axl (and the others) saw that. Him and duff didn't like slash material? Axl was in self proclaimed writers block by this point? Tons of legal/woman issues and losing izzy im sure were terrible for a guy like Axl, who needs a strong knit group of people who he trusts in order to keep sane. They used up all their big guns also for the huge UYI albums. No more civil wars, novembers rains, estrangeds and ycbms left in there pockets to make an album around. The next album probably would have been the most difficult for them to ever create from scratch. Turns out it was just too much to handle and they gave up. And here we are now.

or

That's a pretty interesting statement that the next albums wouldn't have been up to par. While I've enjoyed everything Axl has put out I think there rly might be some truth to that. And maybe Axl (and the others) saw that. Him and duff didn't like slash material? Axl was in self proclaimed writers block by this point? Tons of legal/woman issues and losing izzy im sure were terrible for a guy like Axl, who needs a strong knit group of people who he trusts in order to keep sane. They used up all their big guns also for the huge UYI albums. No more civil wars, novembers rains, estrangeds and ycbms left in there pockets to make an album around. The next album probably would have been the most difficult for them to ever create from scratch. Turns out it was just too much to handle and they gave up. And here we are now.

Wasn't Axl himself stated something like Guns were working on a new album and in that sessions he heard the most blues based rocking riffs by Slash since Aerosmiths Rocks, or something like this?

Doesn't sound like that bad, imo. Or does he just say that to point out what a prick Slash was for leaving?

or

Because I think that Guns should have only put out a record by 2000 even with the UYI line up. So another 1 in 2005 or 6.

4 amazing albums. Cough. AFD is amazing. Lies is two eps stuck together. UYI has great rock singles and was released into the glory of AFD. There's 6 great GNR songs and 2 awesome covers. I don't care lets call them great. 3 great albums. So if Axl drops a double album in Nov we even. It's that close. Hasn't happened, I get it they haven't done enough. I just think bigger and slower.

The slowness or Patience in the GNR lexicon is why the albums are great. If GNR speeded up to Slash speed we'd get mediocre albums like the solo out put. We'd probably love it like I love Black n Blue.

Axl has been going for more of a Zepp career I think. He's a couple records away. There's time.

I think you just misunderstand what Im saying more than outraged by it. CD II will come out and it will look better. Think about the future.

• Like 1

or

Because I think that Guns should have only put out a record by 2000 even with the UYI line up. So another 1 in 2005 or 6.

4 amazing albums. Cough. AFD is amazing. Lies is two eps stuck together. UYI has great rock singles and was released into the glory of AFD. There's 6 great GNR songs and 2 awesome covers. I don't care lets call them great. 3 great albums. So if Axl drops a double album in Nov we even. It's that close. Hasn't happened, I get it they haven't done enough. I just think bigger and slower.

The slowness or Patience in the GNR lexicon is why the albums are great. If GNR speeded up to Slash speed we'd get mediocre albums like the solo out put. We'd probably love it like I love Black n Blue.

Axl has been going for more of a Zepp career I think. He's a couple records away. There's time.

I think you just misunderstand what Im saying more than outraged by it. CD II will come out and it will look better. Think about the future.

Two fucking great eps make a hell of an album. I consider UYI I to be great, but I like Lies even more... so yeah, there are four great albums made in just 5 years. Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

Axl has not explained why all the things Slash has said since he left Gn'R are "lies" even though most of them have been confirmed by other members of real Guns N' Roses or the crew or people working with the band during that time. Axl, however, goes in circles with his own bullshit trying to convince the fans that he's innocent of everything.

I can't believe a guy who makes excuses for being late, blaming everything and everyone but himself.

Obviously you're not a Gunner LOL

Obviously you're not a Gunner LOL

I think if you are looking why Axl calls lies it's kind of summarized below. From what I gather this is the other side of the story. What you could say is, there's the facts, things that are true, like they signed over the name, they quit. Then there's a bunch of subjective interpretations of the whys and reasons. Why they signed over the name at the time and why they think they signed it over later could be two different things. Same as Axl saying he did it for protection of career and financial, when he might have just wanted creative control over the band and to get rid of them. Why Axl tried so hard to keep Slash when he wanted to get rid of him makes no sense to me. But that's just me. Slash was really pretending there was a chance of reunion to play the good guy to Axl's "no way". In the same way, Axl never forced them to sign over the name or quit. It doesn't seem to have happened the way they say it, it's kind of how they think it happened and not for the same reasons. It was for protection for Axl mostly and of no real use creatively unless they quit. So in the end the band imploded, but why carry on? I think Axl felt like he had earned the right to benefit from the contract they had. Plus, without the name he would be financially ruined. So as much as Axl was acting a dick, being late he didn't really do anything wrong, he did nothing but try to get what was left of that line up to work. For himself I reckon as without Slash he was in trouble. Of course when Slash did leave that fired him up and them suing him most have just hardened his resolve. But the old guys felt his behavior forced them out and left him with the name legally so he could go on to reap the benefits. Or they let people think that anyway, they may just have felt he shouldn't be able to continue as GNR but life doesn't work like that, you can't control the world without being involved in it. That sounds like an optimistic fantastic scenario anyway, you know Axl going on as GNR seems like a pretty difficult thing to pull off. Are we really saying Axl planned to go from the biggest band in the world to then completely start over, risking his whole career and lifestyle causing himself 20 years of agony on purpose? On one side it's ludicrous and on the other it's like if he's that crazy, let him do it. It's calling the cops on someone for throwing themselves down a well, saying I don't care if you broke you're legs, you're trespassing! I do understand the thing about Axl not being GNR, but also don't get why they quit and having done so it's none of their business and the nerve to question the guy who stayed motives seems off. Did Axl plan to take on the responsibility of being GNR or was he forced to do that to survive? I haven't heard Axl cackling with glee at a show, on a song or in an interview. I don't think they told straight out lies but they allowed the two big issues to percolate in an anti-Axl way for a long time. There being a chance of a reunion, when there never was and Axl stole the band. Both are basically not true when you look at what happened it seems less and less likely. That's the other side of the coin.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

That's what Slash was trying to say with his getting sick of it comments. The bitch is already pregnant, leave me alone to take a nap in peace.

I wonder if Axl will retort with something about an abortion.

"Slash is like a heroin baby. Best removed."

Slash was more like Axl's anchor baby. Kept him tethered to the land mass. Now, well....

Slash was more like Axl's anchor baby. Kept him tethered to the land mass. Now, well....

That's fine. As long as we agree they were both spoiled babies. I think Izzy was the only grown ass man in the band back then, and he fucked right off. Smart.

That's fine. As long as we agree they were both spoiled babies.

Their names are Slash and Axl and they played in a band called Guns N Roses with songs like Back Off Bitch in their catalogue, and they were millionaires by their mid twenties. What do you think? :lol:

I just said I thought Izzy was a grown ass man back then. He was in the same band, and he wasn't a baby imo. :shrugs: