Slash is sick of the media creating GNR conflict

Best interview with Slash about Guns N Roses is with a Howard stern a year or two ago. Slash went into that interview not wanting to say anything about GNR but it kinda took over the interview. Slash went into more detail about the demise of the band and he shared responsibility for it not continuing.

He really just wanted Howard to understand that even if things get fixed the reunion thing is only cool for 5 minutes then everyone forgets. He said it's almost cooler to not ever reunite. It intrigues people more.

Slash is absolutely right. As for some of you saying he caused it himself: that's true, in part, but he already said he was sorry about that and that it was stupid of him to say all those bad things. I wish the media would stop harrassing them about reunion, the break-up... It doesn't get us anywhere anyhow.

• Like 1

I can't feel sorry for Slash and Axl with the media wanting to talk about legit GNR. That band created some of the greatest rock music of a generation, possibly of all time. Slash now creates forgettable shit. Axl released one record of forgettable shit and now sits around with his thumb up his ass, playing with his Brazilian mom. Of course everyone wants to talk about the good old days.

• Like 2

Slash didn't started this fire alone, everyone helped on it so it grew big. Now he can't handle / is tired of it.

Plus the media is crap, that's what Get in The Ring is all about.

I think this is a sign that Slash lost any hopes of GN'R reunion and he just wants to move on away from GN'R.

He did bash Axl in the press several times, as he and Axl did with Izzy when Izzy left in 1990.

Axl did the same.

Basically they all bashed each other somewhere in time in the media, they sued each other, they wanted to kill each other,... that's life, nobodies perfect and we all have situations like that in our lifes. Then we grow up and see things not just black an white.

I think Slash finally got over it.

Edited by Klay
  • Like 1

Slash, who continues to get asked about his former band despite the fact that he hasn't spoken to Rose since his 1996 departure, tells the Irish Examiner: "I'm not bored with the fascination with [GUNS N' ROSES music]. What I'm bored with is all the brouhaha with stuff the media have no idea what they are talking about.. the causing of unnecessary conflict between the original members. It's just a lot of drama and sensationalism — everyone is trying to capitalize on that. I'm sick of it."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-blames-media-for-causing-unnecessary-conflict-between-original-guns-n-roses-members/

He could also be speaking directly to any number of people around here.

I've said it so many times now, but will say so again :

If the principals themselves are completely uninterested in a reunion, why the hell do any of you think that impassioned pleas for faceless names on screens will suddenly spur them into action?

Give it up, folks. Its not going to happen.

"Yeah, but never say never..."

WRONG. Wrong fucking answer. Say "never". Because its NEVER happening. You aren't noble or righteous by clinging to a preposterous suggestion it might. Nor are any of us living over here in the real world bad people because we won't entertain your delusions.

• Like 1

Some of you people are ridiculous.

No matter what Slash says, you'll find a way to twist it into a negative.

I just can't imagine hating a musician simply because another musician does.

Slash didn't started this fire alone, everyone helped on it so it grew big. Now he can't handle / is tired of it.

Plus the media is crap, that's what Get in The Ring is all about.

I think this is a sign that Slash lost any hopes of GN'R reunion and he just wants to move on away from GN'R.

He did bash Axl in the press several times, as he and Axl did with Izzy when Izzy left in 1990.

Axl did the same.

Basically they all bashed each other somewhere in time in the media, they sued each other, they wanted to kill each other,... that's life, nobodies perfect and we all have situations like that in our lifes. Then we grow up and see things not just black an white.

I think Slash finally got over it.

EVERYBODY involved "got over it"............except Axl, The Beta and her kids, and 5-6 posters on various GnR forums.

A reunion could still happen.

LOL, could you imagine what a few posters on here would do if the band did reunite and Axl said a whole bunch of nice things about Slash? Their heads would explode. After years of hating a musician simply because Axl does, could they mentally be able to handle it if Axl was suddenly nice to Slash?

• Like 1

A reunion could still happen.

LOL, could you imagine what a few posters on here would do if the band did reunite and Axl said a whole bunch of nice things about Slash? Their heads would explode. After years of hating a musician simply because Axl does, could they mentally be able to handle it if Axl was suddenly nice to Slash?

Reminds me of that HTGTH cartoon video lol

• Like 1

Isn't Slash the guy that originally went to the media to talk smack about Axl Rose? Weren't there a ton of interviews where he openly put Axl down?

Link me to those interviews where he openly put Axl down. Don't worry, 20 interviews will be more than enough, no need to share thousands. ;)

• Like 2

They are all great musicians, songwritters and together they made the best band in history.

Leave their personal differences to themselves, only they know how what happened and how they fell about it, on each of their own different vision of the events.

Love the artists for their art, leave the rest :)

• Like 1

It's so odd that Axl refuses to talk about the old band, even going so far as to have his "team" tell the interviewers before hand to NOT ask questions about the old band.....but that's perfectly OK. Weird how some people hold Axl and Slash to different standards.

Isn't Slash the guy that originally went to the media to talk smack about Axl Rose? Weren't there a ton of interviews where he openly put Axl down?

Link me to those interviews where he openly put Axl down. Don't worry, 20 interviews will be more than enough, no need to share thousands. ;)

Can you imagine what these forums would do if Slash came out and called Axl a cancer? Or said that the band would have been better off without Axl? Or if Slash logged on and called a forum mod homophobic names? A lesbian c*nt that nobody cares about......LOL, Slash says "old what's his name" and gets crucified. The double standard is hilarious.

• Like 1

Slash implies Axl needs therapy, as well as to become a "better person": http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-i-m-not-waiting-around-for-axl-rose-to-get-his-head-together/

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Slash implies Axl needs therapy, as well as to become a "better person": http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-i-m-not-waiting-around-for-axl-rose-to-get-his-head-together/

As I told before, the real problem never was "who's more responsible for the end of that lineup?":

Problem is ... the story was told in a way to show how malicious Axl was in all this process

This, Sirs, is why Axl doesn't want to hear about Slash ... again ... ever ...

Slash lied about Axl's integrity and character ... that's why he will never be forgiven, until he say: "I'm sorry for what I said before".

Edited by GUNNER PT

They don't want to know what happened, they just need to label the bad guy to make their story ...

is always like that . Its in the press and with the public in general ...when something bad happens people just need to get a name, a face to blame for it ...doesnt really matter the exact facts sometimes.Makes people feel more comfortable .

The truth is , there are situations where there isnt just one single evil person doing everything wrong , and theres no real/exact explanation .I think here we ant just blame one for them for what created the end of the band

Edited by love&hates