What is Slash's most well known post-VR song?

bacardimayne

Similar to how This I Love is Axl's most well known CD song (based on youtube views and crowd reception), which is Slash's?

I imagine it's either By the Sword, Starlight or Back From Cali.

What about "You're a Lie" or "Standing in the Sun?" It seemed like they got pretty decent radio play when they came out.

Ghost

I seem to remember Ghost getting some radio play. It took me a while to even realize it was from Slash's solo record. At first I just thought it was a Cult song.

Great song btw. Its probably my favorite post-GNR song from Slash. No surprise Izzy was involved.

It's the only song from that record I've heard on the radio- it gets used a lot for sports events too.

I'd have to agree, probably my fave post GNR song he's done too- though I had no idea of Izzy being involved.

• Like 1

I felt like Dr Alibi, Crucify the Dead and We're All Gonna Die got some coverage because of Lemmy, Ozzy and Iggy. The Three Ys.

Ghost got attention in rock media because of Izzy.

I saw Standing in the Sun on Letterman. I heard You're a Lie on in-flight entertainment. I heard the whole of AL on a flight.

• 2 years later...
On 9/4/2014 at 1:14 PM, DR DOOM said:

It's the only song from that record I've heard on the radio- it gets used a lot for sports events too.

I'd have to agree, probably my fave post GNR song he's done too- though I had no idea of Izzy being involved.

never heard of it so i went and watched the video on YouTube. it confused me because the video has clips of the movie The Crow. i just watched that movie not too long ago and didn't recall that song in it. so i looked it up and it was not in the movie. cool song though. what sports events is it used for?

back on topic Ultimate Classic Rock has Ghost as #2 most popular Slash post GNR song. #1 doesn't count as it's a VR song, Fall To Pieces.

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose