Slash had no idea what the November Rain music video was about..

Where did I say they were amazing? You get perfectly well what I meant - those videos coming out at the height of the grunge/alt era made GNR look as goofy, out of touch and camp as all get out. They would be Spinal Tap worthy, if only they had a sense of humor.

That is your opinion, not fact.

You can't compare grunge/alt to hard rock. The concept is completely different, hence videos can't be compared either. I really don't remember anything outstanding from that era, aside from Radiohead, Björk, Madonna and Daft Punk videos. But that isn't rock nor grunge.

Slash really didn't say anything wrong here. The videos did make them seem like a self indulgent and bloated compared to other bands like the grunge groups. And yes, they can be compared. It was a changing music culture at the time. Bands were going with a more stripped down approach. The videos did make them seem uncool to a lot of kids because the over the top approach was going out of style.

• Like 1

And who cares about that?

So Guns N' Roses was supposed to be a pathetic artist jumping on the next bandwagon every time generation changed? Where is grunge now?

No, you can't compare change in culture or trend in order to descredit or rest value to the previous one. GNR era was unique and it had to end like everything else. They cant be a band for teens eternally. Grunge passed too and those teens are grown ups now.

That speech created and spreaded by Kurt Cobain is so stupid that it proves why he's dead and Axl alive. What sucks is there are people still repeating it like parrots.

• Like 2

So Guns N' Roses was supposed to be a pathetic artist jumping on the next bandwagon every time generation changed? Where is grunge now?

No, you can't compare change in culture or trend in order to descredit or rest value to the previous one. GNR era was unique and it had to end like everything else. They cant be a band for teens eternally. Grunge passed too and those teens are grown ups now.

That speech created and spreaded by Kurt Cobain is so stupid that it proves why he's dead and Axl alive. What sucks is there are people still repeating it like parrots.

Tiny Beta.

LOL, I'm Tiny Beta fighting the omega specimen because I don't see any Alpha male around.

That is pretty much what Axl did trying to jump into the industrial bandwagon and wan't to be like Nine Inch Nails.. Too bad that shit had already passed by the time he got CD out.

That is pretty much what Axl did trying to jump into the industrial bandwagon and wan't to be like Nine Inch Nails.. Too bad that shit had already passed by the time he got CD out.

Why too bad? you mean commercially? perhaps, but Better is a hell of a song. It's not just NIN just like any other album that is influenced by anyone. It's more then what influenced it and Better is a good example imo. It sounds like a melting pot of a few things that come together really nicely.

Shred, industrial, creepy Axl baby hook, bluesy Robin solo, and great vocal melodies. Should have released it earlier, but I don't care that much about how many albums Axl managed to sell. Artistically speaking, it sounds fresh. (in the Gn'R realm of course)

• Like 1

Yeah, fortunately the whole CD is not industrial.

He made a mistake with that because NIN is unique and he can't be Trent Reznor.

I hope Axl can find a sound that isn't part of any passing fad.

The world is hungry for some real rock n roll. It is a shame they can't put their differences aside.. Slash is playing out of his tits right now... I guarantee Him, Axl, Duff and Izzy feed people hunger.

My thoughts about the CD:

Two words for Slash...grow up.

17 songs about protesting freedom, protesting hunting and promoting whores (Dirty Girl). I'm embarrassed for the guy. Like Axl's take on Slash's first Snakepit effort, there are some good ideas, Born To Fly and The Dissedent (minus the low quality bizzare beginning) are both stellar musically. The entire rest of the CD is generic bass and drums throughout that offer nothing. The vocals are u listen able. Bring back Velvet Revolver, and fast!

maybe it does make his blood boil as he his red head with a temper

there is no doubt that the trilogy videos proves that axl is insane but most geniuses are....i think the cinematic quality of each video blazed new territory never seen before with intricate stories taking place

once we get to estranged we really see what axl has become an isolated and conflicted man that is no longer seen interacting with his bandmates - similar to the end piece in patience. the end of one era the original group vs another

NR is a great video, a masterpiece and one of the best videos ever made. slash does not need to play so fucking cool like he's above the class in which gnr was inducted to when that video came out

It matters because the main point you've been spewing is that the trilogy videos and songs are what made slash memorable. However, it was appetite for destruction and songs like sweet child and welcome to the jungle that did that. I didn't devalue their work in the early nineties. I simply stated that the videos made them seem uncool in the eyes of the younger audience at the time. You can compare the era because the era of the videos were the same era as those grunge bands. They happened simultaneously. It's not as if the videos were in the 80's. They were in the early 90's at the exact time the music I am comparing them to was released.

Obviously fanbases age as bands age. You talk like the videos were an end of an era. I agree with this point. They were the end of the guns era basically. But the videos and songs aren't exactly songs for an older audience. They were a little cheesy and seemed to be an attempt to bring in a female audience. Ultimately, the bloated nature of the band cause strife with the changing musical climate and the band itself internally. And by the way, Axl did want to switch the style to be more like pearl jam and nine inch nails. He wanted to change in the way you are calling pathetic.

The world is hungry for some real rock n roll. It is a shame they can't put their differences aside.. Slash is playing out of his tits right now... I guarantee Him, Axl, Duff and Izzy feed people hunger.

But it would require Slash to play on Axl and Izzy's songs, and stop the wheel spinning he likes to do. Just riffs and pummeling.

Then taking some time to finish off songs. We're talking 2 or 3 years in the studio with Axl. I can't see Axl signing on this metal material either.

But it would require Slash to play on Axl and Izzy's songs, and stop the wheel spinning he likes to do. Just riffs and pummeling.

Then taking some time to finish off songs. We're talking 2 or 3 years in the studio with Axl. I can't see Axl signing on this metal material either.

Slash doesn't have the attention span or the will to work on Axl tunes. Slash recently said he prefers to do all the guitars himself which makes sense when you listen to UYI.

Slash always liked his hard rock with a side of metal. Slash doesn't give a shit about seymour weeping so how the fuck can they work together? they don't share musical interests, they create in totally different ways (that goes for Izzy too) and Axl hates Slash lol and on top of all of this, Slash has a big mouth and Axl said not in this lifetime but people still cling to their precious reunion fantasy.

Edited by Rovim

'Coma', 'Locomotive' and 'Estranged' are all proof that Slash's style, can be successfully assimilated with Axl's. The problem is, that was 1990- 1991. Axl has moved further into lethargy (and overdubs when he does decide to record) that it would be difficult to see it working today. With Illusions, Axl masturbated over the records for about a year, destroying them in the process. With Democracy, the masturbation process took ten years. Currently, the way nugnr operate (which is, presumably in accordance with Axl's wishes), would frustrate the hell out of Slash.

• Like 1

'Coma', 'Locomotive' and 'Estranged' are all proof that Slash's style, can be successfully assimilated with Axl's. The problem is, that was 1990- 1991. Axl has moved further into lethargy (and overdubs when he does decide to record) that it would be difficult to see it working today. With Illusions, Axl masturbated over the records for about a year, destroying them in the process. With Democracy, the masturbation process took ten years. Currently, the way nugnr operate (which is, presumably in accordance with Axl's wishes), would frustrate the hell out of Slash.

Everything you say is a shitty joke to me. Axl didn't destroy UYI with his bullshit zip zap sfx. It didn't matter enough.

It would be difficult to see it working today cause it has no chance of working today, for the reasons I've specified.

With Democracy, Axl did what he wanted to do which was to take the elements he liked from the Gn'R sound and incorporate new influences and some seymour weeping. Better is a good example.

Currently, new Gn'R is a reflection of Axl's way of doing things which is not doing things for years, and then do a thing like releasing an album every 23 years.

Axl will never work with Slash again, so it's irrelevant how Slash would feel about it.

Edited by Rovim

Everything you say is a shitty joke to me. Axl didn't destroy UYI with his bullshit zip zap sfx. It didn't matter enough.

''Cool Ranch Dressing''?, ''There goes the challenger etc etc''? ''What we've got here is, failure to communicate''? All unnecessary crap which fucked up Illusion.

• Like 2

''Cool Ranch Dressing''?, ''There goes the challenger etc etc''? ''What we've got here is, failure to communicate''? All unnecessary crap which fucked up Illusion.

But did not destroy them.

Yes, perhaps, but the two albums come dangerously close to be irreparably fucked up. The bass voice which goes, ''deep down in sight'', seriously messes up what is a raw Stradlin copuntry ballad. I also do not like the ''t-minus and counting'' thing on Perfect Crime.

• Like 1