Slash had no idea what the November Rain music video was about..

What if they put the Blade runner quote on Jungle?

It's kind of a take that one to heart from Out Ta get Me.

I just don't think they knew they were going to use all the songs.

It's a point they did it on RQ.

Axl was still doing it on Sympathy as the track closes down he's saying Save us Milk boy?

So for me it's something that is synonymous with GNR.

I just wish the could have got the Cheap Punk Warren Beatty rant on Doublevtalkingjive.

What if they put the Blade runner quote on Jungle?

It's kind of a take that one to heart from Out Ta get Me.

I just don't think they knew they were going to use all the songs.

It's a point they did it on RQ.

Axl was still doing it on Sympathy as the track closes down he's saying Save us Milk boy?

So for me it's something that is synonymous with GNR.

I just wish the could have got the Cheap Punk Warren Beatty rant on Doublevtalkingjive.

Now we have Pitman's super powers and how Axl weaved that shit in Madagascar. A section that is very frowned upon, but it gives weight to the song imo.

We're probably gonna get a lot of cool things like that with CD ll. The General maybe? Seven? almost every title screams epic Axl/Pitman sfx magic. Chinese seems more sfx oriented and other people do the talking compared to Illusions, but it still got dat Axl feel.

Blade Runner thing is brilliant. Maybe for CD ll. And what will Atlas Shrugged will have? Down By The Ocean is kinda Duh though.

Edited by Rovim

It matters because the main point you've been spewing is that the trilogy videos and songs are what made slash memorable. However, it was appetite for destruction and songs like sweet child and welcome to the jungle that did that. I didn't devalue their work in the early nineties. I simply stated that the videos made them seem uncool in the eyes of the younger audience at the time. You can compare the era because the era of the videos were the same era as those grunge bands. They happened simultaneously. It's not as if the videos were in the 80's. They were in the early 90's at the exact time the music I am comparing them to was released.

Obviously fanbases age as bands age. You talk like the videos were an end of an era. I agree with this point. They were the end of the guns era basically. But the videos and songs aren't exactly songs for an older audience. They were a little cheesy and seemed to be an attempt to bring in a female audience. Ultimately, the bloated nature of the band cause strife with the changing musical climate and the band itself internally. And by the way, Axl did want to switch the style to be more like pearl jam and nine inch nails. He wanted to change in the way you are calling pathetic.

Made Slash AND Guns N' Roses massive and popular. Those songs and those videos, yeah. No, it wasn't AFD. That was their debut album and it made them a classic NOW. An album that established them as a great band among rock critics and their peers. The UYI albums put GNR in the world arenas. Made them famous outside the U.S. Made them massive in Europe, Asia and Latinamerica.

I was a kid very young when those videos came out and also when grunge was around. I simply didn't get hooked with grunge and even though I do own Nirvana, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam albums, I was never a huge fan of them like of GNR. And maybe other kids my same age did like and felt more identified with those grunge bands,

I don't think the videos pushed GNR away from its audience because they had their fan base and Nirvana had theirs, as well as Pearl Jam and Metallica. When it comes to music there's room for everybody. That thing you're saying it's an idea spreaded by Kurt Cobain because he wanted to set himself apart from what he thought was obsolete rock nroll. But that's his beef and it shouldn't be taken as holy word. It's just his opinion. Grunge didn't last either, so this idea of him also had expiration date.

Even though the era of videos, GNR and grunge was the whole 90s decade, we can see several turning point across this decade, so you have one trend from 1990 to 1993, then from 1994 to 1996 and from 1997 til 2000's. That's why I say it can't be compared because there's a rupture happening every 3-4 years and that's what happened to GNR. Their era as the old line up finished in 1993.

Yeah, Axl wanted to try those things. I'm happy he didn't go fully into it or else he would have been laughed at more than he could take. Fortunately, he popped with that way after it went out of style.

maybe it does make his blood boil as he his red head with a temper

there is no doubt that the trilogy videos proves that axl is insane but most geniuses are....

Insane yes. Genius no. Not even close. Axl is no genius. He's talented that's all.

i didn't really say he was a genius, i said most genuises are insane....

ok so if NR was axl's vision which i pretty much think it was - the video is genius - very well done all round

Slash did his best work when he's pushed, perhaps against his wish. Without that he makes decent but hardly groundbreaking pieces like the ones he's really known for.

Having said that, the OP is the nuttiest goof i've had the displeasure of reading on this forum in recent years.

And who cares about that?

So Guns N' Roses was supposed to be a pathetic artist jumping on the next bandwagon every time generation changed? Where is grunge now?

No, you can't compare change in culture or trend in order to descredit or rest value to the previous one. GNR era was unique and it had to end like everything else. They cant be a band for teens eternally. Grunge passed too and those teens are grown ups now.

That speech created and spreaded by Kurt Cobain is so stupid that it proves why he's dead and Axl alive. What sucks is there are people still repeating it like parrots.

That is pretty much what Axl did trying to jump into the industrial bandwagon and wan't to be like Nine Inch Nails.. Too bad that shit had already passed by the time he got CD out.

Why too bad? you mean commercially? perhaps, but Better is a hell of a song. It's not just NIN just like any other album that is influenced by anyone. It's more then what influenced it and Better is a good example imo. It sounds like a melting pot of a few things that come together really nicely.

Shred, industrial, creepy Axl baby hook, bluesy Robin solo, and great vocal melodies. Should have released it earlier, but I don't care that much about how many albums Axl managed to sell. Artistically speaking, it sounds fresh. (in the Gn'R realm of course)

Axl has hinted that he wanted his influences to have the same retro feel as AFD. To him it's not about jumping on a bandwagon, he's still doing Elton Mercury songs in 2014? Never even the most commercial idea at the time? He really just works with what he has to make the best record he can.

when Slash was still in the band Axl was talking about changing the "sound" or way of recording more than actually getting Slash to make NIN songs. I think if slash plays Better it probably sounds more like SCOM than NIN. It's the tone, production and drums that are NIN, with Head Like a Hole chorus and break down that are NIN, but they might not have been there with Slash there. I reckon it would have been a blues solo.

It's a Robin song anyway, so it probably wouldn't exist. I think if Slash stayed he could have helped Axl on IRS, SOD, TWAT, Catcher, TIL, Prostitute and it probably would have sounded more like UYI. It's basically UYI with different sound as is?

Once Slash has gone Axl could go further like Oh My God and Silkworms, Shackler's, Scraped etc. But he kind of pulled back from Silkworms.

Honestly I think he's doing it right, CD is right on the cross roads for GNR. Whether the next one is one step beyond that we'll have to wait and see. I kind of hope we leave behind the Elton piano epics for more soundtrack epics like Madagascar and Sorry and techno rockers like Scraped and Shackler's. Those songs as starting points to go to Silkworms and more Beltrami epics, Pitman synth and orchestras on Seven.

• Like 1

So Guns N' Roses was supposed to be a pathetic artist jumping on the next bandwagon every time generation changed? Where is grunge now?

No, you can't compare change in culture or trend in order to descredit or rest value to the previous one. GNR era was unique and it had to end like everything else. They cant be a band for teens eternally. Grunge passed too and those teens are grown ups now.

That speech created and spreaded by Kurt Cobain is so stupid that it proves why he's dead and Axl alive. What sucks is there are people still repeating it like parrots.

That is pretty much what Axl did trying to jump into the industrial bandwagon and wan't to be like Nine Inch Nails.. Too bad that shit had already passed by the time he got CD out.

Why too bad? you mean commercially? perhaps, but Better is a hell of a song. It's not just NIN just like any other album that is influenced by anyone. It's more then what influenced it and Better is a good example imo. It sounds like a melting pot of a few things that come together really nicely.

Shred, industrial, creepy Axl baby hook, bluesy Robin solo, and great vocal melodies. Should have released it earlier, but I don't care that much about how many albums Axl managed to sell. Artistically speaking, it sounds fresh. (in the Gn'R realm of course)

Axl has hinted that he wanted his influences to have the same retro feel as AFD. To him it's not about jumping on a bandwagon, he's still doing Elton Mercury songs in 2014? Never even the most commercial idea at the time? He really just works with what he has to make the best record he can.

when Slash was still in the band Axl was talking about changing the "sound" or way of recording more than actually getting Slash to make NIN songs. I think if slash plays Better it probably sounds more like SCOM than NIN. It's the tone, production and drums that are NIN, with Head Like a Hole chorus and break down that are NIN, but they might not have been there with Slash there. I reckon it would have been a blues solo.

It's a Robin song anyway, so it probably wouldn't exist. I think if Slash stayed he could have helped Axl on IRS, SOD, TWAT, Catcher, TIL, Prostitute and it probably would have sounded more like UYI. It's basically UYI with different sound as is?

Once Slash has gone Axl could go further like Oh My God and Silkworms, Shackler's, Scraped etc. But he kind of pulled back from Silkworms.

Honestly I think he's doing it right, CD is right on the cross roads for GNR. Whether the next one is one step beyond that we'll have to wait and see. I kind of hope we leave behind the Elton piano epics for more soundtrack epics like Madagascar and Sorry and techno rockers like Scraped and Shackler's. Those songs as starting points to go to Silkworms and more Beltrami epics, Pitman synth and orchestras on Seven.

No Seymour weeping? Axl will never leave behind piano epics. That's like saying Slash will leave behind cheesy metal-ish pseudo generic riffrock.

But I know what you mean. I want Axl to move forward with the Guns sound, the themes, and will bring more new old elements. Catcher is a piano epic and it's a new theme for Axl.

I think it's about Axl balancing the new direction (for Guns) like Shackler's and Sorry and more "futuristic" rockers and taking his piano ballads forward, but still managing to make it sound more like an album. A cohesive album. He never forgets to link it to the elements he likes about the Guns sound imo, so I'm not worried about that.

In my mind, CD ll takes the Chinese one structure and just goes deepah! with everything. So more bold attempts, left turns like Catcher and Shackler's only it's darker right? when Axl said darker I'm guessing he meant the themes. Meaner is the sound and how heavy some of the tunes are? it's very exciting. I want it.

Edited by Rovim

No Seymour weeping? Axl will never leave behind piano epics. That's like saying Slash will leave behind cheesy metal-ish pseudo generic riffrock.

But I know what you mean. I want Axl to move forward with the Guns sound, the themes, and will bring more new old elements. Catcher is a piano epic and it's a new theme for Axl.

I think it's about Axl balancing the new direction (for Guns) like Shackler's and Sorry and more "futuristic" rockers and taking his piano ballads forward, but still managing to make it sound more like an album. A cohesive album. He never forgets to link it to the elements he likes about the Guns sound imo, so I'm not worried about that.

In my mind, CD ll takes the Chinese one structure and just goes deepah! with everything. So more bold attempts, left turns like Catcher and Shackler's only it's darker right? when Axl said darker I'm guessing he meant the themes. Meaner is the sound and how heavy some of the tunes are? it's very exciting. I want it.

I think it will be more diverse. Silkworms (Prodigy punk song), Atlas Shrugged (glam rock Nov Rain), Soul Monster (most Black sabbath moment), The General (Axl's most heavy metal song) Silkworms is nastier than anything on CD. It sounds like a cinematic punk glam metal album already.

Axl only really did one piano ballad on CD? Catcher? Dizzy wrote the piano for SOD? This I Love has no piano?

I could just see him doing some more soundtrack epic without Elton piano more like the Terminator theme tune meets Ride of the Valkeries. Pitman, take it!!!

So did "Take that one to heart" ruin AFD?

Did the Rocket Queen sex noises ruin a classic track? RQ is in our top 6 tracks? Civil War top 10?

"Bitchin' Fussin' Cussin'" unnecessary?

One thing is though the real singles YCBM, Don't Cry, Nov Rain, Estranged (1,2), Yesterdays don't really have so many additions.

The Perils of rock n roll decadence seems to be mocking their troubles.

That's a point maybe no more heartbreak on CD II. Let the Asskickery begin.

Edited by wasted

I think it will be more diverse. Silkworms (Prodigy punk song), Atlas Shrugged (glam rock Nov Rain), Soul Monster (most Black sabbath moment), The General (Axl's most heavy metal song) Silkworms is nastier than anything on CD. It sounds like a cinematic punk glam metal album already.

Axl only really did one piano ballad on CD? Catcher? Dizzy wrote the piano for SOD? This I Love has no piano?

I could just see him doing some more soundtrack epic without Elton piano more like the Terminator theme tune meets Ride of the Valkeries. Pitman, take it!!!

Did the Rocket Queen sex noises ruin a classic track? RQ is in our top 6 tracks? Civil War top 10?

One thing is though the real singles YCBM, Don't Cry, Nov Rain, Estranged (1,2), Yesterdays don't really have so many additions.

Shit, you're right. Save us milk boy!

Shit, you're right. Save us milk boy!

Who is Milk Boy?

"Fuck 'em All" would be good title for CD II.

Ok, so you were the one who said save us milk boy lol (Wasted's post #226 in this thread)

On topic: You've got Jackie Chan. We know what it kinda sounds like. Punch in the face, straight to the point, I like it. We need more rockers.

We know Atlas could be single material so it's an AAA song, a glam rock November Rain.

Berlin maybe an epic.

Down By The Ocean - Izzy magic, a mellow one? I don't know. Just hope it's on CD ll and not lll.

This I Love had piano. Prostitute is what? a piano rocker?

Axl WILL BE bringing on the heartbreak on CD ll (just a guess) but it will be really butthurt and angry.

You see: there is always more room for some seymour weeping. It's a big part of the sound. Not so secret ingredient.

But yeah, it will probably be more varied stylistically. I just think it will be an action sequel and you'll feel you're inside Axl's head again. Kinda like with Chinese. He's the main character but also the director. Now he'll have more freedom after everything has been established with Chinese.

And a new James Bond theme like If The World is needed. Seven could be a new theme.

Edited by Rovim

Seven was a Beltrami so I'm expecting soundtrack dark like Nic Cage in 9mm. Zodiac and Seven. Axl was Fincher before Trent.

I kind of mean Elton rock n roll ballads. Prositute is all ready been developed, more of that. Sci fi ballads. The piano ballads are like the last remnants of GNR really.

I find it hard to believe Box isn't down by the ocean. Berlin is Nother Riad. Axl in court.

2020 seems a long way off. By then the butthurt won't hurt so much. The rememberance butthurt past.

Duh! Okay, Axl gets married, she dies and he's mourning her.

what's not to get?

When Axl dreams, he is reliving those memories over and over again, that's why he's probably taking either anti anxiety medicines or anti depressants.

I think this video is very easy to understand.

The only thing I think is out of place, is when the guy goes into the cake. He could have avoided that, but it was probably an odd way or showing Axl's marriage was over before it began. I actually think this is the best GNR video ever besides WTTJ.

Edited by Val22

Duh! Okay, Axl gets married, she dies and he's mourning her.

what's not to get?

When Axl dreams, he is reliving those memories over and over again, that's why he's probably taking either anti anxiety medicines or anti depressants.

I think this video is very easy to understand.

The only thing I think is out of place, is when the guy goes into the cake. He could have avoided that, but it was probably an odd way or showing Axl's marriage was over before it began. I actually think this is the best GNR video ever besides WTTJ.

I was curious if your third-cousin on your mom's side understood the video?

• Like 1