Vastly underrated GNR tunes...

Street of Dreams

Catcher

Better

Under My Wheels

That only had Axl, Slash, and Izzy on it. I love that rendition, but it's not exactly GN'R.

I think everything on my list has already been mentioned, but:

You Ain't The First

Yesterdays

Oh My God

Shotgun Blues (Everything about that song is excellent other than the lyrics IMO)

Shadow Of Your Love

Think About You

Underrated:

Don't Damn Me (great lyrics imo)

You're Crazy (both are good, but acoustic version is great)

Breakdown (some hate the chorus, but its one of my illusion favs)

Locomotive (great UYI2 track that doesn't get a lot of love)

Anything Goes (I've always liked the lyrics to it, sleaziest on appetite imo)

Pretty Tied Up (I was glad they put this on live era)

Oh My God (Axl wrote some great lyrics here)

Shackler's Revenge (most aggresive song on CD, doesn't sound like classic gnr, but it does rock imo)

TWAT (it gets a lot of praise on the forum, but it should have been a single)

Sorry (I don't know how anyone that claims to like gnr could hate this song, its classic Axl on CD)

This I Love (Not as good as NR, but it is a very honest and genuine song, which I love)

Better (should have been the first single, great NUrock song)

Overrated:

Estranged (I love this song, but it should not be considered gnr's #1 song, something from Appetite should be considered gnr's best song. Since the forum appears to have voted Estranged as #1, I am saying it is SLIGHTLY overrated. Top ten yes, top five maybe, but not 1)

Live and Let Die (I know a lot of casual fans that love gnr's version of this. Yes they do a great job on it, but as a gnr fan, I consider this song slightly above average. So I hate when this song gets over praised)

Prostitute (The general public has never heard this song, but many forum members love it. It's a very good song, yes. But it's NOT a gnr song imo. Out of everything on CD, this is the closest thing to an Axl Rose solo song imo. It sounds like a Michael Jackson song with guitar solos)

Madigascar (Many love Maddy, it's a good song yes. But it is only one of my average songs on CD. It would have been better with Slash and the old band, there I said it.)

Street of Dreams (Solid song, but not a great one. Old band would have made it better as well. But honestly out of all the ballads on CD, this one could have been left off imo. Never should have been a single.)

Catcher in the Rye (This could have been EPIC with old band imo. It's a GREAT song, but the final studio version doesn't reach the heights this song SHOULD have)

Rated Just Right:

Jungle (one of the best hard rock songs ever written, period)

SCOM (one of the best pop/rock songs ever written, period)

NR (This is gnr's Stairway to Heaven/Bohemian Rhapsody/Dream On/ETC. Epicly awesome rock and roll)

Paradise City (Gnr are fricking awesome)

YCBM (One of gnr's hardest rocking moments)

Brownstone (Arguably gnr's BEST nonhits)

Rocket Queen (Arguably gnr's BEST nonhits)

Patience (Great acoustic rock song, gnr channeling Zep and others)

Don't Cry (Great ballad that got the band signed, forum is a little hard on it at times)

Edited by Mike420
  • Like 1

AFD: Out Ta Get Me

Lies: Reckless Life

UYI I: Dust N Bones

UYI II: 14 Years

Spaghetti: Raw Power

CD: Sorry

Agree with raw power , I'd go maddy or prostitute from cd but as been as most of the world hasn't listened to it , it could be any of the 14 tracks

I'll never understand why Dust N' Bones isn't talked about more. I recognize people don't necessarily discuss it like it's part of the UYI filler, but I believe it should be mentioned as one of their all-time best songs. Really hard, aggressive guitar work by Slash and Izzy's voice always sounds good. Nice change of pace from Axl. Plus, the lyrics contain a cool message...live your life now and don't worry about the small stuff. One day none of it will matter. Thoughts?

agree 100% every time i play it around people that don't really know gnr outside of their big hits, always gets a very good reaction

its a fucking excellent song

and blows welcome to the jungle to the ground

one in a million

nice boys

double talkin jive motherfucker

and....

14 years

• 1 month later...

I"ll burn myself this CD :)

01. 14 YEARS
02. BAD APPLES

03. DON'T DAMN ME

04. OH MY GOD

05. SHOTGUN BLUES

06. YOU'RE CRAZY (APPETITE)

07. THINK ABOUT YOU

08. HUMAN BEING (If it only had less piano and more guitarish sound)

09. RECKLESS LIFE

10. RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO HELL

11. MOVE TO THE CITY

12. DUST N' BONES

13. NICE BOYS

14. PRETTY TIED UP

15. DEAD HORSE

16. BAD OBSESSION

17. PERFECT CRIME

One in a Million is a very beautiful and sincere song. It's a pity that humanity found it offensive. Facebook even hides it (CBGB video) from my own timeline.

lolwut

I've shared this song (and caused a shitstorm haha) and never experienced this

Under rated tunes for me: Don't Damn Me, Breakdown, Locomotive, The Garden, Back Off Bitch, RNDTH, Anything Goes, Reckless Life (only Axl vocals though, guitar work is too simple on Live Like a Suicide), TWAT

To be honest outside this forum for AFD Rocket Queen if pretty underrated.

Lies One in a Million yes people have heard the song but most didn't hear the song because they could get past some of the lyrics and kind of brushed it off as BS just to get people talking about the album and not to be taken seriously but they totally missed the song and what is was about , I think it is a great song.

UYI Coma has to be the most underrated GNR song of all time then there is Breakdown Pretty tied up

SI Hair of the Dog I just love that song but I do wish Axl would have been more powerful with his vocals and the ending of the song was not the best.

CD TWAT TIL Riad Prostitute I total hate CITR, Sorry and If the world, sue me I just can't stand those songs