Dizzy Reed: 'New GNR Will Hopefully Be Coming Soon'

Yeah don't be fuckin' square you fucking hooray for tolerance!s. The Dizwald tellin' it how it is! The man that brought us Sweet Child O' Mine and Welcome to the Jungle. Dizzy fuckin' Reed. What will the enigma of Rock n' Roll DO NEXT?!

• Like 1

How long does it take before these interviewers realize that asking the employees that question is pointless.

I don't think they're unaware, they just know folks like us lot will read it so mission accomplished, you can't have a go at the interviewers, they're doing the sensible thing really.

how do you know it won't? has anybody connected with gnr corporate business said it won't? has AXL or dizzy said it won't? I've yet to hear public statements saying it won't

Axl has released one album of original new material in the last 23 years.

Some people are just playing the odds.

The closest thing we've got to any signs from Axl is thanking Caram that producer who worked on some CD tracks, perhaps this statement was swept under the rug by MYGNR, no idea why he'd choose to thank someone for a five year old record and state ''our'', this whole cryptic thing, sure it adds to the web of intrigue for the diehards but doesn't really help anything in the big picture.

Why thank him now? probably cause they've worked on CD ll recently, and finished it. They're like a copy/pasting unit Axl and Caram. Axl is a producer.

Axl said one record is done, and the remixed Chinese is also finished.

It all comes down to two halves doesn't it, with Chinese Democracy he was excited as hell and full of fire, playing several songs, pushing the vision, sure he was still pretty quiet about the process and horizon but you sensed it was arriving - there was actual evidence and vigour... then comes the crux of both periods - only issue was he took years of tinkering and stilted promises, his band fell apart due to his sludge snail pace and desire to tour without progressing for another round... bye bye goes Bucket then Finck. Rumours are the leaks and patience wearing thin with the label forced his hand, he has a strop and fails to properly promote it, weird release. When exactly was he intended to let his pet project go? I'd imagine we'd still be waiting without the leaks,

Now we've got a similar situation except nobody knows how much is 'actively' recorded by this band, not much according to BBF, he has played absolutely nothing, not even Going Down, they've had endless tour time to jam out and throw ideas around, surely we'd have seen something on social media, they're happy enough to say hopefully this, hopefully that, I've got such and such an idea... no one says anything concrete, I doubt it's a cryptic masterplan to deceive us all for the big day just around the corner. We have a few chinese whispers and deductions that another record is finished but just as many signs suggesting it isn't and Axl is still tinkering... I think he doesn't know who to put where on the leftover CD sessions and remember BBF saying he played a solo on Atlas Shrugged but has heard nothing of the track since then? If he goes out on tour again with no new music, no dropped hints and the same old promises, I predict it'll take another 5 years to surface.

Isnt that bbf on going down?

it's sad reality. we have to start accepting reality guys. rockfuel isn't a new gnr cd. a gnr concert on vh1 classic isn't a new gnr cd. unauthorized stuff that axl doesn't support

we have to start putting the wagons in a circle guys and accept reality. a new gnr album is not coming this year. and we have no clue from dizzy or anyone when or if it will

it's sad reality. we have to start accepting reality guys. rockfuel isn't a new gnr cd. a gnr concert on vh1 classic isn't a new gnr cd. unauthorized stuff that axl doesn't support

we have to start putting the wagons in a circle guys and accept reality. a new gnr album is not coming this year. and we have no clue from dizzy or anyone when or if it will

No, probably not this year. But it's easy to lose your mind as a fan if you're an Axl fan. He will get there. Just...late. So I'll choose to accept that, and I think 2 to 3 years is realistic. We be talkin' in no time about how awesome that SRV type Robin solo is. I now believe even more cause Axl talked about it. Talked about how another album of original material is done and the remix Chinese too. Before that he said he'd love to release new music, and before that he spoke about how he always viewed Chinese as a double. I'm certain we'll see an official release from Axl in the near future.

The fact that Axl mentioned the CD remix in an interview shows me just how lost he is.

Why? if as a musician he's proud of it and want to share it, what's the problem with that? granted, not many will care, but I want to listen to it and now I'll get to do so. Plus, I think he'll release CD ll first and the remix Chinese maybe even as a bonus or something. That will be alright in my book.

it would've helped guys if axl gave a firm release date for remix cd and released a full song from remix cd on iTunes and gnr facebook right now - but uncle axl doesn't even do that

and as a result the remix cd is far down the rabbit hole and pockets cant find the alleged cd remix cd down the rabbit hole

problem is rovim - axl never tells us anything concrete - how can we buy cd2 with no release date or store to go to like Walmart?

and I would kill for unheard cd2 song with robin solo - so what up hoarders? im surprised they not dropping unheard cd2 robin bombs on us

• Like 1

problem is rovim - axl never tells us anything concrete - how can we buy cd2 with no release date or store to go to like Walmart?

and I would kill for unheard cd2 song with robin solo - so what up hoarders? im surprised they not dropping unheard cd2 robin bombs on us

It can't and never will be concrete, cause he's insane, but it's the best he can do. He said it's done for a reason. Could have said nothing. He wants to avoid any backlash from the fans who are waiting for new music. He learned his lesson with how he said Chinese will be released in 2006 and it was delayed for 2 more years. He probably actually thought it will be released in 2006. Now, he said CD ll is done and that it's time to look seriously into a release.

Read between the lines.

It can't and never will be concrete, cause he's insane, but it's the best he can do. He said it's done for a reason. Could have said nothing. He wants to avoid any backlash from the fans who are waiting for new music. He learned his lesson with how he said Chinese will be released in 2006 and it was delayed for 2 more years. He probably actually thought it will be released in 2006. Now, he said CD ll is done and that it's time to look seriously into a release.

Read between the lines.

This and that in 2006 the expectations of a GnR release were quite different, the label didn't know what to do with the band and for all his faults Axl could see this and probably balked at the 'creative' team when they pithed ideas for "marketing the album". in 2015 the label knows exactly what GnR 2.0 sound like, they also have a better understanding (hopefully) on who they need to market it too, what they need to do as far as pleasing Axl so as to procure the necessary media spots that he will agree to... Basically, agree to his artwork, agree to let him own all the masters etc. and promote the album, just like AC/DC have with Rock or Bust, get a promotional ball moving 3-5 weeks before the record drops, release a song to a a tv show and then to radio... build hype!

What Guns have to do, is pick 10-14 songs that showcase why people love gnr, the record should probably be a bit of a retrospective. We've seen how the new guys sound, now lets keep some of the new and mix it with some of the old, add a bit more grit to the polished sound of CD a tincy bit more self restraint and most... not all, will give it a fair listen. Guns are up against it, because of the line up so the only way they win is if they come out of the gate with a really strong record with some real rockers... or, and it's a big OR... if they create a new sound that pricks the general publics attention... seems unlikely but it would be fantastic to see Guns riding high again, and not costing on past achievements.