Dizzy Reed: 'New GNR Will Hopefully Be Coming Soon'

Why is this getting so much attention? I've seen the announcement on Rolling Stone, Ultimate Classic Rock etc. They've been saying the same shit since CD came out.

It's an easy article to write that'll generate some ad revenue.

• Like 1

The General, Atlas Shrugged, Soul Monster, Seven & Thyme were all A-List tracks

According to whom?

It's just an idea set up by Axl fans to please their little minds. I mean, The General is a masterpiece, son. Yeah, we have never listened to the song but it's just an amazing song. The greatest ever.

• Like 1

WFA back to his trolling days? Shame.

I genuinely like Chinese Democracy. I genuinely believe that a new album is coming out. Do I think the band should put up or shut up at this point (especially Ashba and Dizzy)? Yes. However with all of them, evn Axl, saying they're beginning to look seriously at a new album, I think its coming out relatively soon. 2015-2016 i think we will get a new record. Now, I could be wrong and Axl never releases another song in his life, but I think he's at the point now where he wants another album out. I want this band to succeed at the end of the day. I mean, if he succeeds or fails, it'll be entertaining, but I'd really rather see him succeed and get new music out there.

According to whom?

It's just an idea set up by Axl fans to please their little minds. I mean, The General is a masterpiece, son. Yeah, we have never listened to the song but it's just an amazing song. The greatest ever.

Now this part is bullshit. I've seen people proclaim that songs like the general will be better than anything and will save the industry. That's just ridiculous, but if its the light at the end of the tunnel for Axl fans then so be it. At least they provide some laughs

Have you noticed Axl fans beginning to sound like, Axl? ''Live your life''. ''I feel Axl is ready to deliver a set of songs'', ''Axl does not owe you anything (well, that is an old chestnut): you lot are sounding as crazy as he is!!!

I lol so hard when I read that bullshit.

Have you noticed Axl fans beginning to sound like, Axl? ''Live your life''. ''I feel Axl is ready to deliver a set of songs'', ''Axl does not owe you anything (well, that is an old chestnut): you lot are sounding as crazy as he is!!!

Don't try to understand them, just sit back and laugh, and crank your new Slash album up to 11

Oh yeah Dizzy. Everybody knows that you're the one who knows everything in this band. I'm sure nothing will get released until you said "yes"!

Stop the bullshit, i'll believe it when I see it in the stores.

Edited by Laparka

According to whom?

Don't be like that. I am sure you know very well that music people prior to the release of CD and who got to hear many songs referred to some of the unreleased songs as "A listed". Here's a quote for thise who haven't heard about this before:

"Leave Me Alone," "Seven," and "The General" could also feature on the new album. These three A-listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami (Jeff Leeds, Sp1at website, June 2005).

According to whom?

Do you remember that going down all the time prior to CD being released? I used to laugh to myself when people would put Prostitute on their "Top Ten GN'R Songs of All Time" lists having never heard it.

According to whom?

Do you remember that going down all the time prior to CD being released? I used to laugh to myself when people would put Prostitute on their "Top Ten GN'R Songs of All Time" lists having never heard it.

It is arguably a top-10 song. Completely subjective though.

According to whom?

I happen to agree, but I'm doing so after I've heard it. People were putting it on all their Best Ever lists prior to ever hearing it, much like they're doing now with The General and so on.

According to whom?

I happen to agree, but I'm doing so after I've heard it. People were putting it on all their Best Ever lists prior to ever hearing it, much like they're doing now with The General and so on.

Maybe they were hoarders :wow:

According to whom?

Yeah seems silly. What we've heard from the General I really love so far.

Most of us believe a record will come out between 2015 and 2025 it's the frittering away of the guy's supreme talent the last 15 years and the next 10 that is the problem. Granted, Axl has given more than enough to the hallowed rock halls and he may not desire to do much except live off past glories, having somewhat contradicted and reneged on his original mission statement, whilst playing a handful of now decade old tracks continuing the Chinese Democracy 5th tour or whatever it is now. He's had every opportunity to pursue the transformation of Guns N' Roses into Captain Axl and Friends into a somewhat viable entity and was doing a dementedly admirable job up to 2011. It is not a normal situation so he can't really be judged as just another dinosaur, he chose to continue under a certain contract in the eyes of many fans willing to give him a pass for not starting from the clubs and relative peanuts upwards to gain respect again.

• Like 1

Most of us believe a record will come out between 2015 and 2025 it's the frittering away of the guy's supreme talent the last 15 years and the next 10 that is the problem. Granted, Axl has given more than enough to the hallowed rock halls and he may not desire to do much except live off past glories, having somewhat contradicted and reneged on his original mission statement, whilst playing a handful of now decade old tracks continuing the Chinese Democracy 5th tour or whatever it is now. He's had every opportunity to pursue the transformation of Guns N' Roses into Captain Axl and Friends into a somewhat viable entity and was doing a dementedly admirable job up to 2011. It is not a normal situation so he can't really be judged as just another dinosaur, he chose to continue under a certain contract in the eyes of many fans willing to give him a pass for not starting from the clubs and relative peanuts upwards to gain respect again.

I wish you didn't try to say so much in every post, or space it out a bit more or something- I almost like every post you make but for the Wasted factor :lol:

• Like 1

It's ironic: Axl is even more limited as a recording artist with more control. The more control you give him, the less productive he is it seems. Maybe it's just him overthinking shit cause he's too insecure. Confidence can change a lot, and when he's in the zone, then all the bullshit is out of the way and he can just do his thing.

Steven said in a radio interview years ago that Axl is often worried about how he sounds, how he looks and all that stuff. The host then mocked Axl and said: "so he's right on the money huh?" and he also mocked Steven himself for slurring his words. (classy)

Tommy also mentioned how he wished Axl didn't care so much about what people think of him. A new release must mean a lot to him and he probably wants it to be just right. I think he is a perfectionist, but also at least some of the time, he is very insecure. When he is confident on stage, you can tell and it does happen sometimes, but he always had that problem imo of not being able to shut off all the noise and just create music and share it with us.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Then there was that track Axl was working on just prior to joining the guys on Eddie Trunk, which he said wasn't even going to be on the next 2-3 albums. You kind of wonder when the ambition/goals de-railed.

I think it really started to fade when Bucket, Brain & Finck gradually left the band. But I also really want to know what, specifically, sparked his decision to flee the world when he turned in Chinese Democracy to the label. On top of that, what happened between December 2010 & October 2011 that made for such a profound change in attitude and appearance?

For the life of me, though, I can't figure out why he won't release stuff with Ron. He's not on Bucket's level, but I suspect he could get some really good stuff out of him. Plus, the guy is (was?) eager as hell to record, so who knows the hold up is?

The whole Chinese Democracy saga is an interesting story. It's hard to imagine someone who was on top of the world in the early 90's not singing for 2 years and trying to rebuild something that was no more. It was an uphill battle from the beginning, but poor decision making made it impossible to win over the masses, which I think Axl could have multiple times over the years.

No disrespect to Ron, but nothing he has recorded as a solo artist has blown me away. The guy is great and the stuff he does for the fans is great, but being a nice guy doesn't really get you far in that field of work. God knows what Axl's reluctance is down to, he clearly thinks the guy is talented, as he wouldn't be in the band in the first place, but I suppose you can put it down to the calibre of the former guitarists that he had. He had two guys in the moose of Robin Finck and Buckethead who had already amassed a great body of work either as a solo artist or with a group, that Axl might've found interesting and thought that working with those guys could carry on what Slash had started/left.

I'm not too sure what to believe regarding the labels involvement in trying to prevent any release under the name Guns N' Roses.

Then there was that track Axl was working on just prior to joining the guys on Eddie Trunk, which he said wasn't even going to be on the next 2-3 albums. You kind of wonder when the ambition/goals de-railed.

I think it really started to fade when Bucket, Brain & Finck gradually left the band. But I also really want to know what, specifically, sparked his decision to flee the world when he turned in Chinese Democracy to the label. On top of that, what happened between December 2010 & October 2011 that made for such a profound change in attitude and appearance?

For the life of me, though, I can't figure out why he won't release stuff with Ron. He's not on Bucket's level, but I suspect he could get some really good stuff out of him. Plus, the guy is (was?) eager as hell to record, so who knows the hold up is?

The whole Chinese Democracy saga is an interesting story. It's hard to imagine someone who was on top of the world in the early 90's not singing for 2 years and trying to rebuild something that was no more. It was an uphill battle from the beginning, but poor decision making made it impossible to win over the masses, which I think Axl could have multiple times over the years.

No disrespect to Ron, but nothing he has recorded as a solo artist has blown me away. The guy is great and the stuff he does for the fans is great, but being a nice guy doesn't really get you far in that field of work. God knows what Axl's reluctance is down to, he clearly thinks the guy is talented, as he wouldn't be in the band in the first place, but I suppose you can put it down to the calibre of the former guitarists that he had. He had two guys in the moose of Robin Finck and Buckethead who had already amassed a great body of work either as a solo artist or with a group, that Axl might've found interesting and thought that working with those guys could carry on what Slash had started/left.

I'm not too sure what to believe regarding the labels involvement in trying to prevent any release under the name Guns N' Roses.

Yeah, I go back & forth on the label. I can see them really pushing back because it does not have the classic sound that appeals to the general masses and I can see them chomping at the bit to put out anything with the name "Guns N' Roses" on it so they generate some income into a dying industry.

But yes, as interesting as the AFD - TSI? era is, I'm absolutely fascinated by everything that occurred after. We know very little about it apart Chinese Whispers and even still there's plenty more to go.