Dizzy Reed: 'New GNR Will Hopefully Be Coming Soon'

This is like some sort of perverse running joke the band has... like in Escape From New York everyone keeps going 'Snake, I thought you were dead'.

It's easy to just dismiss any progression in Gn'R land, cause most of the time nothing is happening, but you never know. I think Axl is trying to find a way to release it now. I don't believe this was the case even a year ago.

The closest thing we've got to any signs from Axl is thanking Caram that producer who worked on some CD tracks, perhaps this statement was swept under the rug by MYGNR, no idea why he'd choose to thank someone for a five year old record and state ''our'', this whole cryptic thing, sure it adds to the web of intrigue for the diehards but doesn't really help anything in the big picture.

The closest thing we've got to any signs from Axl is thanking Caram that producer who worked on some CD tracks, perhaps this statement was swept under the rug by MYGNR, no idea why he'd choose to thank someone for a five year old record and state ''our'', this whole cryptic thing, sure it adds to the web of intrigue for the diehards but doesn't really help anything in the big picture.

Why thank him now? probably cause they've worked on CD ll recently, and finished it. They're like a copy/pasting unit Axl and Caram. Axl is a producer.

Axl said one record is done, and the remixed Chinese is also finished.

Edited by Rovim

Why thank him now? probably cause they've worked on CD ll recently, and finished it. They're like a copy/pasting unit Axl and Caram. Axl is a producer.

It all comes down to two halves doesn't it, with Chinese Democracy he was excited as hell and full of fire, playing several songs, pushing the vision, sure he was still pretty quiet about the process and horizon but you sensed it was arriving - there was actual evidence and vigour... then comes the crux of both periods - only issue was he took years of tinkering and stilted promises, his band fell apart due to his sludge snail pace and desire to tour without progressing for another round... bye bye goes Bucket then Finck. Rumours are the leaks and patience wearing thin with the label forced his hand, he has a strop and fails to properly promote it, weird release. When exactly was he intended to let his pet project go? I'd imagine we'd still be waiting without the leaks,

Now we've got a similar situation except nobody knows how much is 'actively' recorded by this band, not much according to BBF, he has played absolutely nothing, not even Going Down, they've had endless tour time to jam out and throw ideas around, surely we'd have seen something on social media, they're happy enough to say hopefully this, hopefully that, I've got such and such an idea... no one says anything concrete, I doubt it's a cryptic masterplan to deceive us all for the big day just around the corner. We have a few chinese whispers and deductions that another record is finished but just as many signs suggesting it isn't and Axl is still tinkering... I think he doesn't know who to put where on the leftover CD sessions and remember BBF saying he played a solo on Atlas Shrugged but has heard nothing of the track since then? If he goes out on tour again with no new music, no dropped hints and the same old promises, I predict it'll take another 5 years to surface.

• Like 1

And because Caram's been involved in the touring.

Guys I have always been an optimist ...but the Deadline for me is "NOVEMBER 2015" I want a new record by then or at least...at least a release date ! By then it will have been "7 Years" since Chinese that was enough time !

• Like 1

If the stuff that made it onto CD is the best they had to offer, I don't want to hear the stuff in the vault. Besides, all the best stuff from the CD sessions is by ex members (Bucket, Robin, Brain). I have zero interest in a Frank, BF, DJ album.

Edited by star
  • Like 1

If the stuff that made it onto CD is the best they had to offer, I don't want to hear the stuff in the vault. Besides, all the best stuff from the CD sessions is by ex members (Bucket, Robin, Brain). I have zero interest in a Frank, BF, DJ album.

I'm sure Axl agrees with you. He will never release songs written by Frank Ron or DJ.

If it's a double album like Axl said it is, then it could be just songs that made sense together on the same album so maybe CD ll is just as good as Chinese was. (or shitty depends on what you think of it) We don't know.

Axl said it's the same players, so I'm thinking Bucket, Robin, and Brain will be on it for the most part, with Bumble doing his thing like last time and maybe a DJ song thrown in there.

This

The General, Atlas Shrugged, Soul Monster, Seven & Thyme were all A-List tracks, purposely set aside for subsequent albums. "Leftovers" they are not. Axl's just bat-shit crazy and refuses to release them.

Then there was that track Axl was working on just prior to joining the guys on Eddie Trunk, which he said wasn't even going to be on the next 2-3 albums. You kind of wonder when the ambition/goals de-railed.

What about the little intro they do just before Patience? Axl commented on it in Tokyo/Osaka 2007 about wanting to make it into a song. Did they come up with it, or did you guys find out that it is in actual fact just another cover?

Edited by Dean

I won't get excited until bigger websites start anticipating an album from GNR. When that happens then that usually means someone is getting the ball rolling at Universal for a release. Or atleast there's activity from Mr. Rose.

And the reality is a GNR release of new material is going to gather attention. It's a rare event. Chinese democracy level attention? Not even close but it will get more attention than it deserves.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/dizzy-reed-says-new-guns-n-roses-music-is-in-the-process-of-being-finished-20141102

Oh no it's beginning!

Then there was that track Axl was working on just prior to joining the guys on Eddie Trunk, which he said wasn't even going to be on the next 2-3 albums. You kind of wonder when the ambition/goals de-railed.

I think it really started to fade when Bucket, Brain & Finck gradually left the band. But I also really want to know what, specifically, sparked his decision to flee the world when he turned in Chinese Democracy to the label. On top of that, what happened between December 2010 & October 2011 that made for such a profound change in attitude and appearance?

For the life of me, though, I can't figure out why he won't release stuff with Ron. He's not on Bucket's level, but I suspect he could get some really good stuff out of him. Plus, the guy is (was?) eager as hell to record, so who knows the hold up is?