Dizzy Reed: 'New GNR Will Hopefully Be Coming Soon'

The wheels are turning slowly in Gn'R land, but it seems like it's gonna happen soon. Good news. If Axl never said anything about CD ll being done and the remix album and looking seriously into releasing it, Dizzy's comments would have been met with more pessimism from me, but the situation now is different:

Axl, Dizzy, and Fortus have all talked about plans to release another album in the kinda near future. Why would Axl release just half of the work when he said he always viewed Chinese as a double? he said he would love to release more music too.

I just think it's more about Axl and the record company agreeing on a deal that both sides can live with. I only hope Axl's demands are not too wild cause the record company can say fuck that.

When did Axl say that about CDII? Recently?

Fairly.

Was it that newspaper interview he did in 2012 or 2013? I was hoping it'd be a little more recent, like, a month or two ago, haha.

I've literally never seen a band so unable to make and record new music. I don't care what legal issues there are, line up changes, nothing - there's no excuse in the book that warrants not being able to write some songs and then record them. It's just Axl not giving a shit, plain and simple.

Yes I agree.

I think Axl has got stuff in the vault, perhaps 20-30 songs, but he lost his balls after CD flopped and acquired a lazy attitude. Thing is, Axl cannot stand people criticising him (which is why he has an army of dicksuckers protecting him from Slashey will o the wisps). If you put out an album, it opens you up to a critical mauling, critical censure, commercial non-performance and even ridicule. It takes balls to put out an album; even a shitty album like St Anger or Jazz, it took Metallica and Queen balls to put it out and face the public backclash. Axl is too mentally childlike to deal with any of that.

And the worst part of all that is that those songs will probably sit in the vault until he dies, or maybe even forever (because from a label's perspective, why release outtakes from an album that flopped?). That's the only reason I have even the slightest investment in this band anymore, is to hear the rest of the CD stuff, but even that seems unlikely to see the light of day.

Edited by chevelle

I had a chat with 4tus a week ago on Facebook (believe me or not). And I talked about how Diehard fans that have been sticking with GNR forever just wanted a little life from the band during the hiatuses and he said. ..

"I understand you guys and which there was more that I could tell you...we are working on new stuff and are trying to get it done and out asap !

I that asked if he could really confirm that they are working on a new record and if there still is hope.

Yes,new stuff is beeing worked on.

There is definitely hope !

From what Dizzy says, that means there is way more music than just one album's worth. If they are trying to "pick" what songs work together - that's different than just saying we've got 25 songs and need to pick the best 15.

I wonder if the current band worries or gets pissed that "old" material is still going to come out. Meaning that things they are writing together today as a band literally might not see the light of day for another decade.

They should have emptied the vault of the 15 best songs and released an album in 2011. Then they could have released an album written solely by the current band in 2014.

The delays/years just compound each other over time. Can you imagine writing a tune and submitting it to your boss today - while knowing that songs written in 2004 are going to be released on an album released in 2016 and your "today" song probably won't get released until 2024.

4 million people bought CD. Four million people love and would pay for Axl Rose music. It's so weird to me that he doesn't want to share his music with his millions of fans, the people who made him worth 150 million dollars. Throw the fans a bone!!!!

I had a chat with 4tus a week ago on Facebook (believe me or not). And I talked about how Diehard fans that have been sticking with GNR forever just wanted a little life from the band during the hiatuses and he said. ..

"I understand you guys and which there was more that I could tell you...we are working on new stuff and are trying to get it done and out asap !

I that asked if he could really confirm that they are working on a new record and if there still is hope.

Yes,new stuff is beeing worked on.

There is definitely hope !

New stuff was being worked on in 1999 and it took until 2008 for a lot of those songs (and same vocal takes from '99) to be officially released. And since Chinese came out they have been saying the "there is tons of material finished or near finished" line pretty consistently yet we are in 2014 and they are still like a broken record

I have zero faith in GNR at this point to release new material before year 2024

From what Dizzy says, that means there is way more music than just one album's worth. If they are trying to "pick" what songs work together - that's different than just saying we've got 25 songs and need to pick the best 15.

I wonder if the current band worries or gets pissed that "old" material is still going to come out. Meaning that things they are writing together today as a band literally might not see the light of day for another decade.

They should have emptied the vault of the 15 best songs and released an album in 2011. Then they could have released an album written solely by the current band in 2014.

The delays/years just compound each other over time. Can you imagine writing a tune and submitting it to your boss today - while knowing that songs written in 2004 are going to be released on an album released in 2016 and your "today" song probably won't get released until 2024.

4 million people bought CD. Four million people love and would pay for Axl Rose music. It's so weird to me that he doesn't want to share his music with his millions of fans, the people who made him worth 150 million dollars. Throw the fans a bone!!!!

Maybe he does want to. Maybe he gave Chinese the time he felt it deserved and only now he's into it and switching to "let's find a way to get CD ll out" mode.

all it would take would be an EP. 1 or 2 new songs and some live tracks and get it out for christmas, it would give some goodwill to the fans and give the fan base some energy, but it seems this is even too much effort and work.

• Like 1

I just wish one of them would snap and say "No, there's no fucking new album and there never will be!" This bullshit about so much music already being recorded and them getting into a studio is becoming insulting at this point.

We need some kid to hack and leak all of those demos again.

• Like 1

all it would take would be an EP. 1 or 2 new songs and some live tracks and get it out for christmas, it would give some goodwill to the fans and give the fan base some energy, but it seems this is even too much effort and work.

UK Subs said that there were plans to get an EP out this year. Doesn't seem to be the case but that would have been sweet.

UK Subs said that there were plans to get an EP out this year. Doesn't seem to be the case but that would have been sweet.

That's the thing that seems crazy to me.

Even if he and Beta hate the record making process.

How hard and long would it be to throw together

2 new songs

Silkworms and OMG

4-remixed songs or four live versions of CD songs

2 new songs

Silkworms and OMG

The fact that their record company has to want to release it...
  • Like 1

2 new songs

Silkworms and OMG

The fact that their record company has to want to release it...

You honestly think that the record company wouldn't be interested in releasing a new Guns n Roses album? Seriously?

Their last album sold over 4 million copies.

Best Buy paid them 14 million dollars to sell it in their stores.

Friggin bands like LA Guns and Kix and Winger and Dokken and Great White are releasing albums. You think record company execs have no interest in a GnR album?

• Like 1

I should challenge Axl to the penny challenge: Every day starting today Axl should give me one penny for each day he doesn't release CD2. The day he releases CD2, I will buy it for 50 bucks. Let's see how much he would "profit".

Does this band have shareholders and as a result required to always say something is in the works with regards to albums? This has been what every member has said since 2009. Sick of their crap. This is not rock and roll. This is corporate bullshit. At least in the 80s/90s delays were caused by drug addicts and criminal court cases - which is more rock and roll than this lazy/coverband/contracted shit. Seriousy this band has become such a joke. Too bad too, since Axl is one of the few singers left from the rock era, that can actually hit high notes and reasonably sing on key, compared to his peers.

• Like 1