Dizzy Reed: 'New GNR Will Hopefully Be Coming Soon'

From what Dizzy says, that means there is way more music than just one album's worth. If they are trying to "pick" what songs work together - that's different than just saying we've got 25 songs and need to pick the best 15.

I wonder if the current band worries or gets pissed that "old" material is still going to come out. Meaning that things they are writing together today as a band literally might not see the light of day for another decade.

They should have emptied the vault of the 15 best songs and released an album in 2011. Then they could have released an album written solely by the current band in 2014.

The delays/years just compound each other over time. Can you imagine writing a tune and submitting it to your boss today - while knowing that songs written in 2004 are going to be released on an album released in 2016 and your "today" song probably won't get released until 2024.

4 million people bought CD. Four million people love and would pay for Axl Rose music. It's so weird to me that he doesn't want to share his music with his millions of fans, the people who made him worth 150 million dollars. Throw the fans a bone!!!!

all it would take would be an EP. 1 or 2 new songs and some live tracks and get it out for christmas, it would give some goodwill to the fans and give the fan base some energy, but it seems this is even too much effort and work.

UK Subs said that there were plans to get an EP out this year. Doesn't seem to be the case but that would have been sweet.

That's the thing that seems crazy to me.

Even if he and Beta hate the record making process.

How hard and long would it be to throw together

2 new songs

Silkworms and OMG

4-remixed songs or four live versions of CD songs

The fact that their record company has to want to release it...

You honestly think that the record company wouldn't be interested in releasing a new Guns n Roses album? Seriously?

Their last album sold over 4 million copies.

Best Buy paid them 14 million dollars to sell it in their stores.

The record company broke even in that deal. Best Buy lost money on the deal. That was the great mythical Chinese Democracy. You think they'd even sell half of that with CD II?

I doubt it.

From what Dizzy says, that means there is way more music than just one album's worth. If they are trying to "pick" what songs work together - that's different than just saying we've got 25 songs and need to pick the best 15.

I wonder if the current band worries or gets pissed that "old" material is still going to come out. Meaning that things they are writing together today as a band literally might not see the light of day for another decade.

They should have emptied the vault of the 15 best songs and released an album in 2011. Then they could have released an album written solely by the current band in 2014.

The delays/years just compound each other over time. Can you imagine writing a tune and submitting it to your boss today - while knowing that songs written in 2004 are going to be released on an album released in 2016 and your "today" song probably won't get released until 2024.

4 million people bought CD. Four million people love and would pay for Axl Rose music. It's so weird to me that he doesn't want to share his music with his millions of fans, the people who made him worth 150 million dollars. Throw the fans a bone!!!!

all it would take would be an EP. 1 or 2 new songs and some live tracks and get it out for christmas, it would give some goodwill to the fans and give the fan base some energy, but it seems this is even too much effort and work.

UK Subs said that there were plans to get an EP out this year. Doesn't seem to be the case but that would have been sweet.

That's the thing that seems crazy to me.

Even if he and Beta hate the record making process.

How hard and long would it be to throw together

2 new songs

Silkworms and OMG

4-remixed songs or four live versions of CD songs

The fact that their record company has to want to release it...

You honestly think that the record company wouldn't be interested in releasing a new Guns n Roses album? Seriously?

Their last album sold over 4 million copies.

Best Buy paid them 14 million dollars to sell it in their stores.

The record company broke even in that deal. Best Buy lost money on the deal. That was the great mythical Chinese Democracy. You think they'd even sell half of that with CD II?

I doubt it.

I think Axl and GnR's next album will sell a couple million copies.

They still headline festivals and they are still huge overseas.

If bands like Ratt, Kix, LA Guns and Skid Row and Great White (without their lead singers) are still releasing music.......surely a GnR album has a lot of value.

I really would guess the "issue" isn't whether or not the label thinks a GnR album would make them money or not. I'd bet the issue would be in whether or not they could trust Axl to be onboard to promote the album, and with those business meetings where Beta and Fernando walk into a room and start listing GnR's demands and expectations. I'd bet those are the complications and not the actual music.

Hopefully I will be purchasing a winning lottery ticket soon.

Hopefully, peace in the Middle East will be coming soon.

Hopefully magic unicorns from outer space will be coming through the inter-dimensional web of the space-time continuum with a cure for all major diseases and a copy of Chinese Democracy 2, soon.

Am I doing this right?

If bands like Ratt, Kix, LA Guns and Skid Row and Great White (without their lead singers) are still releasing music.......surely a GnR album has a lot of value.

I really would guess the "issue" isn't whether or not the label thinks a GnR album would make them money or not. I'd bet the issue would be in whether or not they could trust Axl to be onboard to promote the album, and with those business meetings where Beta and Fernando walk into a room and start listing GnR's demands and expectations. I'd bet those are the complications and not the actual music.

Rumors are that the label has chosen to not deal with Axl and his difficulties anymore because it isn't worth it. If it were a reunion situation, they'd consider. Until then, they'll just sit on GNR.

Edited by Rustycage

There's no reason to think that Dizzy or any other member is lying.

Of course there will be a new album, someday ... we just don't need to lose our hair thinking about "when".

If you are too anxious about new music, just find another artist to follow, it would be healthier to you. There's other people making music like crazy .... Slash, Buckethead, Miley Cyrus, Justin Belieber ... and a million of others ...

Edited by GUNNER PT

Rumors are that the label has chosen to not deal with Axl and his difficulties anymore because it isn't worth it. If it were a reunion situation, they'd consider. Until then, they'll just sit on GNR.

I can see them having a hands off approach with GNR because they likely feel it isn't worth their time and effort considering the last go around. But at the same time, if Axl dropped off a 12-song mixed and mastered album of new material, you'd be crazy to think that they wouldn't jump to release it. With so few albums selling at high volumes, the label would surely put to market an album that will sell a million copies around the world. I mean, the last time I checked, labels were still interested in making money.

• Like 2

I won't get excited until bigger websites start anticipating an album from GNR. When that happens then that usually means someone is getting the ball rolling at Universal for a release. Or atleast there's activity from Mr. Rose.

And the reality is a GNR release of new material is going to gather attention. It's a rare event. Chinese democracy level attention? Not even close but it will get more attention than it deserves.

I just wish one of them would snap and say "No, there's no fucking new album and there never will be!" This bullshit about so much music already being recorded and them getting into a studio is becoming insulting at this point.

Hasn't Ron already done that? I think there will be a new album and... I guessed and said 2016 but late 2015 looks like a possibility too, I don't think we're going to get a summer release but it would be fucking awesome if they pulled it off! I'm willing to get excited at the prospect of it all but I have to stay grounded as we all know how plans come and go within the GnR world... I hope Axl jumped in the studio after the vegas run and took advantage of his voice regaining some of it's better qualities.

I can see them having a hands off approach with GNR because they likely feel it isn't worth their time and effort considering the last go around. But at the same time, if Axl dropped off a 12-song mixed and mastered album of new material, you'd be crazy to think that they wouldn't jump to release it. With so few albums selling at high volumes, the label would surely put to market an album that will sell a million copies around the world. I mean, the last time I checked, labels were still interested in making money.

Correct, when the biggest album of the year is only selling 1million+ at present (think that's Taylor swifts 1989), record labels will jump when they have the opportunity to sell an easy million with a band like Metallica, GnR, U2 or ACDC. GnR are not as big as any of those band but they still generate the similar kind of numbers and garner easy publicity without much need for huge marketing schemes.