My grandma is dying

Dr. Who

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

As to the rest, this is AG, not D+N. There are threads about French bread, Christmas presents, carbs and automatic toilets, so why moan about this one?

They're kinda narked about the fact that this thread or this sort of thread was a regular occurance in the not so distant past. And at the risk of sounding bang out of order nothing ever actually happens, all these wild drug addicts on the verge of death in his family, his mother, his grandmother seriously ill etc. I'm not bothered personally, i actually quite like him, just explaining the objection to you because you're probably not au fait with the story of the great miserly one, being as how you signed up this year.

Edited by Lennie Godber

As to the rest, this is AG, not D+N. There are threads about French bread, Christmas presents, carbs and automatic toilets, so why moan about this one?

They're kinda narked about the fact that this thread or this sort of thread was a regular occurance in the not so distant past. And at the risk of sounding bang out of order nothing ever actually happens, all these wild drug addicts on the verge of death in his family, his mother, his grandmother seriously ill etc. I'm not bothered personally, i actually quite like him, just explaining the objection to you because you're probably not au fait with the story of the great miserly one, being as how you signed up this year.

No, I get that. But he hasn't bothered me so far, so why not leave him be? :shrugs:

its the whole cry wolf thing i think.

anyway its tough to lose a family member no matter what age they are :(

Edited by bran

I'm really sorry your grandma is so ill. I don't really understand all the negativity in the thread. It's a really sad thing. Coming to a forum like this to talk about it is somehow helpful because you can talk about it without being as careful as when you talk about it with your family.

So I'm really sorry and I hope you can find some support here.

And as far as doubting if it's true, I read the OP and respond in good faith that it is true. In a case like this, don't you want to give the benefit of the doubt?

• Like 3

Sorry to hear.

I lost my grandmother two years ago, and it's been the most difficult thing that I've ever gone through in my life. Losing my uncle last year wasn't easy either.

I'll send some good vibes your way and send some prayers up that tou can find peace in this difficult time.

Stay strong, man.

Edited by The Real McCoy

She was brought home from the hospital the other day under the provision she have 7 day a week hospice. She wanted to be home. Last night or early today she began having rales and she has fluid in the lungs and is being kept calm with morphine. When not medicated she is coherent and with it, but they're medicating her so she doesn't realize she's drowning basically. Its sadly now a matter of time. Its possible she may not make the week, and more than likely she will not live out the month.

i really dont know what to think. it doesnt feel real. if that makes any sense at all. i mean i've been expecting it for a while, and especially after yesterday but i didnt think it'd be the very next day. i dont know what to think. at all. it doesn't feel like it actually happened yet.

We buried my grandma today. Even despite seeing her body in the casket, and going to her burial, on an emotional level it doesn't feel 'real' that she is gone. I know she is of course but after the burial, we had a family dinner and it was bizarre just seeing my grandpa there, without her. It didn't seem right not to see her next to him talking, gossiping and laughing. In the strangest way, it feels like she went on a long trip without him, but that she'll come back eventually and I'll be able to call her and talk to her about it. As my family has been strained over the years, I hadn't seen her in five years and hadn't talked to her in a few months. I do hope she knew I loved her, though.

• Like 1

So so sorry. I've lost so many family members and with each loss I lose a part of my heart. Memories are what keeps them alive in your heart, but I still wish they were here with me.

Just try to be there for her and tell her how much you love her. Believe me telling someone you love them is very important. At the end of anyone's life, knowing you are loved is the most important thing you can give them.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my father a few years back. It does seem like he is on a trip somewhere and he'll be back any day. I have a video of him talking to my daughter on my facebook. I watch it all the time. It's nice to be able to hear his voice. I do know what you mean that it feels strange not to see her with your grandfather. Again, I'm so sorry. I hope you find comfort in being with the rest of your family.