WORKOUT THREAD

Budweiser

I think I'd look bad 200 lbs regardless of muscle mass. My frame cannot support that. I'm shooting 175.

I mean benching, not how much you weigh.

And speaking of weight, I used to be not much above the weight you are now, and I'm at 200lbs now. You grow into it and before you know it you can't believe what you used to look like.

Take this stuff and put some weight on, dammit - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/gainer.html

There's no point in doing chest more than once a week. The pecs are relatively small muscles.

If you want to increase your bench significantly and the size of your chest there is.

It also depends on what your goals are. If you're going for strength, then doing it once a week isn't going to get you there any time soon. If you're going for body building, then yeah, you could do it once a week.

Sounds like you aren't necessarily going going for strength training, so yeah, you could deal with once a week, Arnold.

Post your program up here, mang. I'm curious to see if your PT knows what he's doing.

I can't blame my PT for much as I only see him once a week. He knows what he's doing though, obviously by the looks of him. He just told me I need to eat, and he believes that deadlifts and squats are the most important exercises I should do.

I normally try to hit chest, back, legs, arms, and shoulders once a week.

He helps me on chest though because I am hard to be motivated on bench presses.

There's no point in doing chest more than once a week. The pecs are relatively small muscles.

If you want to increase your bench significantly and the size of your chest there is.

As far as I can tell, Nate wants to increase overall muscle mass and strength. If that's the case, the bigger body-parts, like legs and back, should be prioritized in order to maximize muscular hypertrophy and fat loss. But, yeah, if all he cares about is his bench press, then chest twice a week is great.

Post your program up here, mang. I'm curious to see if your PT knows what he's doing.

I can't blame my PT for much as I only see him once a week. He knows what he's doing though, obviously by the looks of him. He just told me I need to eat, and he believes that deadlifts and squats are the most important exercises I should do.

I normally try to hit chest, back, legs, arms, and shoulders once a week.

He helps me on chest though because I am hard to be motivated on bench presses.

If he's a fan of the squat and deadlift, chances are he's a good trainer.

You shouldn't be doing squats and deadlifts on the same day. You'll be too exhausted from the fist exercise to perform optimally on the second.

• Like 1

As far as I can tell, Nate wants to increase overall muscle mass and strength. If that's the case, the bigger body-parts, like legs and back, should be prioritized in order to maximize muscular hypertrophy and fat loss. But, yeah, if all he cares about is his bench press, then chest twice a week is great.

I think I am doing okay.

My chest is abnormally big actually. I joke that I am happy I am not a female because I'd have the biggest funbags in the state. My chest naturally sticks out, like ridiculously...sticks out...

As a result my back is shit though. It's horrible. I get major back pain, which is why I enjoy deadlifts and back extensions.

Also this chick at the gym was doing 30 lbs barbell flies. The was a babe.

She could kick my ass any day.

The best way to build core strength is to lift something that's not meant to be carried. When foot and mouth disease hit the UK I was early 20's. Been lifting heavy weights in the gym but then i got a sumer job with a local contractor who sent us out to various farms with infected animals. Long story short one day me and 2 other men had to lift a dead cow into the back of a transit van. Hard as fuck.

Fuck that, i aint touching a diseased cow, fuckin' burn the thing on the spot!

It was nasty. Worst time was going to this farm in the middle of summer and the vets had been there to kill a load of infected animals. Walked into this massive barn with about 300 dead sheep just stacked up and we had to spray them with disinfectant and chuck them onto a lorry to be taken away and burnt. The smell was just unbelievable as they had been there a while....... was almost enough to put me off my stroke :lol:

• Like 1

:lol: Almost!

Ain't all fun and games that farmer stuff, a lady i used to knows husband was a farm manager, i tell ya these fuckers don't get a rest, he'd get 4am calls to come give a cow a ceasarean or something, ugh.

Yeah they work hard but they have loads of cash. That job was an eye opener. The farmers would get paid by the Ministry of Agriculture for every animal that had to be killed, and if they would normally sell a healthy sheep for say £20 the MOT was paying about twice that if an infected one needed to be killed. Sometimes they had to pull barns and stuff down to stop it spreading and they would get heavily compensated for that aswell. They were making a fucking killing out of it them farmers.

I heard stories of people whose farms were completely unaffected by foot and mouth and they'd put an infected sheep I the boot of their car from their mates farm and drive it over to infect theirs so they could get on the gravy train.

I did well out of it aswell I'd start at 7am go off in a van with another bloke and most of the time just sit at the entrance of a farm spraying the vehicles tyres as they drove in and out. We'd get pissed and stoned all day in the sun and by the time we got back to the depot yard to drop the van off the women who sorted the time sheets would be gone home so we'd add a few hours on so it looked like we'd worked longer than we did. Lovely little scam that was :lol:

• 2 weeks later...