WORKOUT THREAD

Budweiser

An insane amount of work and studying, in addition to a lack of motivation has kept me away from visiting the gym as much as I want to. However, I'm cutting back on work now, so I've hit the gym five times this week. Feels good man.

Other than the studying I've been in the same boat. Will likely continue until my schedule goes back to normal in 2 weeks.

An insane amount of work and studying, in addition to a lack of motivation has kept me away from visiting the gym as much as I want to. However, I'm cutting back on work now, so I've hit the gym five times this week. Feels good man.

How much work and study together keeps you away? Worst thing ever eh?

Spuffy, do you log your food? If so, what are your macros?

I use the app my fitness pal, but as far as macros go no idea.

Diary > click Nutrition > select Macros (other 2 options are Calories and Nutrition)

Carbs Total(169) 36% goal 50%

Fat (62g) 30% goal 30%

Protein (158g) Total 34% goal 20%

Did 50 miles on the bike yesterday morning, and then played football in the evening. 2 shots, 2 on target, 0 goals, 1 assist.

If I had a "key passes" stat then I would be right up there with the best. Had a really strong game and a lot of people commented on how I look physically stronger than when people had last seen me two weeks before. I'll credit the 2x a week swimming for 4 weeks.

Did 50 miles on the bike yesterday morning, and then played football in the evening. 2 shots, 2 on target, 0 goals, 1 assist.

If I had a "key passes" stat then I would be right up there with the best. Had a really strong game and a lot of people commented on how I look physically stronger than when people had last seen me two weeks before. I'll credit the 2x a week swimming for 4 weeks.

50 miles in the morning? Fair play. Was that on a stationary bike or outside. I rode about 25 miles in the summer to work and my arse cheek bled.

I skipped my first swim today, it's week 5 of 2x a week but my shoulder has just knotted up too much. I can't ease it up, but a week of moving and decorating followed by 50 miles on the bike handlebars has just done for me.

I'll be back in the pool on Thursday as I have a swimming buddy that day. Following a triathlete diet plan this week, greatly assisted by my girlfriend and her love on healthy food. I don't have scales in the new house, but I have dropped a belt hole!

Don't hit it every day. If you're doing short and intense (which I think you were, about 30 mins each activity?) then you want maximum 5 days a week. You'll overtrain, fatigue and then get sick. Exercise breaks down muscle, and recovery allows it to grow back stronger. It's a constant process, and if it doesn't recover then you'll not see improvement.

Boom, back in the pool. Just a short session of sprints and recovery lengths. Put in an 18.93 second length having been sitting on 20.0x and 20.1x for the past few sessions. Protein shake afterwards and now I have a day of sitting at the desk ahead to recover.

Might cycle to work tomorrow - it'll be my only opportunity to exercise.

• 1 month later...