[RUMOR] New album coming in 2015 according to Kaneda

So we all get to hear the b-sides to an album where the a-side fell off the face of the earth and was never heard of again.

Awesome.

Not quite. Not if you believe what Axl has said about CD ll, that it's the second half of Chinese. Or what Josh Freese said about the AAA songs he wrote when he was in Guns that remain unreleased, or what Robin has said about how some of his favorite guitar moments in Guns are not even on Chinese.

Or what Tom Zutaut said about Atlas Shrugged, claiming it was "single material" or something like that, or what Bach and Brain said about The General.

Axl also said it's about which songs work together as a cohesive unit. CD ll could be similar in quality to Chinese.

Edited by Rovim

I feel sorry for those who live their miserable lives pretending to be someone else than the real fake loser persona they truly are.

Well, this is the internet. The place where someone who screwed up on a marketing job gets heralded as the person who got CD released. Just sayin'.

Because nothing describes CD better than "cohesive unit"?

Many albums are created in that way. It's nothing new. The White album for example contains Julia and Helter Skelter. Not comparing the quality of the music here, but they're both very diverse albums that work imo, even if stylistically they're not very cohesive.

I guess I meant that songs that Axl picked for CD ll maybe wouldn't have worked as well with the songs we got on Chinese compared to how they work together as a unit on CD ll. He did describe CD ll as "meaner, darker" compared to Chinese.

Having said that, it's kinda funny This I Love and Shackler's are on the same album. I believe it's partly because Axl waits too long between releases, so sometimes you're left with songs you want to release, but they sound like they came from a different era (cause they did) Robin had to convince Axl to release This I Love.

Catcher sounds like it was changed to fit into Chinese and it's production fits the rest of the material on the album more then it fits the actual song imo.

Edited by Rovim

There hasn't been a cohesive GN'R album since 1987.

Agreed. Lies and UYI were like Chinese in that way. I remember Slash comparing The Illusions to the White Album.

I think Axl will always have his need to write ballads, but also to try a bunch of different styles and incorporate them into the Guns sound and it's always been a melting pot of sorts. Maybe it worked better on UYI compared to Chinese, but it was still basically the same approach, with different influences. On Chinese Axl's influences made it less cohesive maybe.

Edited by Rovim

Agreed. Lies and UYI were like Chinese in that way. I remember Slash comparing The Illusions to the White Album.

I think Axl will always have his need to write ballads, but also to try a bunch of different styles and incorporate them into the Guns sound and it's always been a melting pot of sorts. Maybe it worked better on UYI compared to Chinese, but it was still basically the same approach.

Lies less so, but on the UYIs, you have November Rain and Perfect Crime on the same disc. On UYI II, you have Estranged and My World sharing the same space. That's about as musically diverse as one can get.

I think Axl will always have his need to write ballads, but also to try a bunch of different styles and incorporate them into the Guns sound and it's always been a melting pot of sorts. Maybe it worked better on UYI compared to Chinese, but it was still basically the same approach.

Lies less so, but on the UYIs, you have November Rain and Perfect Crime on the same disc. On UYI II, you have Estranged and My World sharing the same space. That's about as musically diverse as one can get.

Putting Live Like A Suicide together with 4 acoustic songs on the same disc is what I was talking about but yeah.

I honestly do not think I would buy a future album by Axl. The guy is too much a tool for me to want to do this.

I don't believe you.

+1. quite a few of daisy's posts in this section are lies, and easily verified as lies. he has no credibility in this section of the board. i believe this is another cupcake post from him.

I will download it. I am not spending my hard earned money on DJ Ashba's eyeliner.

so you're openly going to talk about intent to commit a crime?

Why would you be following a thread about rumours of a new album that you weren't even going to buy?

I was thinking about this today and do not even feel I want to buy an album from this imbecile and his extended mafia of leeches. It would be almost as bad as buying a Gary Glitter album. There are certain principles, ole' boy, you know?

As for Guns, for me Guns is Izzy fuckin Stradlin. That is Guns. This whole 'nu' thing is a load of cock and balls. A complete con to delude people out of their money.

Why would you be following a thread about rumours of a new album that you weren't even going to buy?

I was thinking about this today and do not even feel I want to buy an album from this imbecile and his extended mafia of leeches. It would be almost as bad as buying a Gary Glitter album. There are certain principles, ole' boy, you know?

As for Guns, for me Guns is Izzy fuckin Stradlin. That is Guns. This whole 'nu' thing is a load of cock and balls. A complete con to delude people out of their money.

You didn't really answer my question.

Steve has depression rightarrow-10x10.png now. I think, like us, he has listened to chinese democracy.

Chinese Democracy isn't really an album that would make you depressive i think there is a bunch of quality songs on it and some good lyrics plus axl's vocals are pretty spot on. Why do you totally dislike CD and the future music you haven't even heard? yes it's not the classic line up but thats for years the 'new' GN'R exists longer than the old band actually and instead of complain and lets say mocking or hating about it we should just enjoy what we have today despite the fact Axl is very disfunctional the last years as far as anything else besides touring goes, no interviews no new music blablabla but damn this band gives kickass live shows and if the new album is there why not give it a try and approach it differently so you can see the positive in it?

Steve has depression rightarrow-10x10.png now. I think, like us, he has listened to chinese democracy.

Chinese Democracy isn't really an album that would make you depressive i think there is a bunch of quality songs on it and some good lyrics plus axl's vocals are pretty spot on. Why do you totally dislike CD and the future music you haven't even heard? yes it's not the classic line up but thats for years the 'new' GN'R exists longer than the old band actually and instead of complain and lets say mocking or hating about it we should just enjoy what we have today despite the fact Axl is very disfunctional the last years as far as anything else besides touring goes, no interviews no new music blablabla but damn this band gives kickass live shows and if the new album is there why not give it a try and approach it differently so you can see the positive in it?

I don't think Diesel really thinks Steves depression was Chinese Democracy induced. Perhaps he heard World On Fire, that's far more plausible.