[RUMOR] New album coming in 2015 according to Kaneda

Just wanted to chime in here to say that Kaneda isn't bullshitting anyone and has proven his legitimacy over the years.

It's not Kaneda that I'm doubtful about. I'm sure his information is 100 percent legit. It's Axl that I have my doubts about. Until an album is actually released, there is an infinite number of things that could delay the album coming out.

• Like 4

Yea GNR probably planned a lot of stuff: use your illusion documentary, more concert releases, a 1997 album with Slash, a 2001 House of Blues concert release, Chinese Democracy documentary, 3 albums out by now, multiple covers for the album, and a 100 other cancelled projects.

I think most people here believe that there are plans to release an album each year since 2011, but if you've been here long enough and you know the track record of GNR then it's all BS until the album is in stores.

When you question why someone on here is skeptical when you're optimistic, just remember they were optimistic once too.

Just wanted to chime in here to say that Kaneda isn't bullshitting anyone and has proven his legitimacy over the years.

It's not Kaneda that I'm doubtful about. I'm sure his information is 100 percent legit. It's Axl that I have my doubts about. Until an album is actually released, there is an infinite number of things that could delay the album coming out.

This. I don't think Axl and co. are ever lying when they say "we plan to record soon," "album is almost done," or "you'll hear new music soon." I think they (especially Ax) suffer from chronic inability to accept imperfection and let the record go.

In the sense that they write music together -- well, at least wrote -- and play music together, they really are a band. The fact that Axl has the final say in matters really hasn't any affect on them being a band or not. But this is all semantics :shrugs:

Agreed. I understand what the guys wrote, but GNR members have a much bigger input on the music than NIN members, for example.

In the sense that they write music together -- well, at least wrote -- and play music together, they really are a band. The fact that Axl has the final say in matters really hasn't any affect on them being a band or not. But this is all semantics :shrugs:

Agreed. I understand what the guys wrote, but GNR members have a much bigger input on the music than NIN members, for example.

"A bigger input in the music"... You mean that 1 album they released in the past 17 years? And that's being generous, I'm starting to count at 1998. Most GnR "members" are gone before there is any music being put out. :lol:

Band my ass. It's a dicktatorship (incorrect spelling intended).

Edited by username

"A bigger input in the music"... You mean that 1 album they released in the past 17 years? And that's being generous, I'm starting to count at 1998. Most GnR "members" are gone before there is any music being put out. :lol:

Hey, shut up. DJ Ashba has more influence on GNR music than, say, me, so clearly it's a truly collaborative effort.

Edited by magisme

Robin Finck had much more influence and played much more on Chinese Democracy than he ever dreamed to do on any Nine Inch Nails album. There's more of Robin's own stuff on one GNR album than on the whole NIN discography. That's what I'm saying, it's not a concept hard to understand.

• Like 3

Hey, shut up. DJ Ashba has more influence on GNR music than, say, me, so clearly it's a truly collaborative effort.

I'm not so sure. Axl might secretly read the internet when Beta is out. So I think you're about equal.

You're probably right. I deserve a lot of the credit if this album does come out. Or blame, depending on how awful it is. :lol:

Robin Finck had much more influence and played much more on Chinese Democracy than he ever dreamed to do on any Nine Inch Nails album. There's more of Robin's own stuff on one GNR album than on the whole NIN discography. That's what I'm saying, it's not a concept hard to understand.

He played what Axl let him play.

I'm not so sure. Axl might secretly read the internet when Beta is out. So I think you're about equal.
You're probably right. I deserve a lot of the credit if this album does come out. Or blame, depending on how awful it is. :lol:
I'm going with blame.

Dick. <_<

Edited by username

According to rumours and commentaries Dj's two solos are supposed to be released in the future. Contributing whole songs to a band's output is not something most band members in other bands, including famous bands, are able to do. This also rang true for CD where we have songs that were written by other band members than Axl and songs that were as collaboratuons bwteen othe rmembers. So yeah, this really is a band according to the normal definition of what a band means. The fact that Axl has the final say when it comes to decisions isn't really as uncommon in bands as some people here want to make it :shrugs:

Wrong. Robin played on The Slip, did remixes for Further Down the Spiral and appeared on a live CD where he basically rewrote all the guitars to work on a live setting.

With GNR his guitar is just part of one album. He's not even the lead guitar player.

Someone with a deluded sense of self-importance is all I'm seeing.

you have no knowledge of chinese democracy then. i'd go so far as to say kaneda is the reason we have chinese d.

i can't wait to say I told you so to everyone on the board :awesomeface:

For those of us not in the know, what does this mean? I'm not being disrespectful or anything - I've been on this forum for years and check it most days, but I'm not up to speed on the different personalities who feature around the place. Thanks, John.

It's only a rumor, but this rumor makes me believe again in Guns. I believe that the unreleased tracks can be awsome, love the Jackie Chan 16 seconds. Want to hear The General (the 2006 intro shows were :drool: ).

I like the Ashba music in BC and in Sixx Am, I wanna hear music from him in the next album. I thing that he can bring some goods riffs.

Kaneda, Could you send my doctor pepper to spain? lol

P.S.: Sorry for my english, I only speak a little.

Yeah, I even believe Gunns when he said that Axl said he was planning on getting an album out back in 2013.

Thing is, with this band it's easy to make claims at this point because you can just blame it on Axl or the label or whatever.

Let me pretend to be a fake insider for a moment:

"Axl was planning on getting the album released in 2012. BBF was causing trouble because he wanted more writing credits, and was making a fuss about promoting an album without any on there."

Complete bullshit, just made that up now.

"Axl planned on releasing an album in 2013, but the label said no as they're holding him to hostage because if they release another album, Axl gets to release albums independently."

Again, just pulled that out my arse now.

"Satchel from Steel Panther auditioned for a spot back in 2009 but decided to stick with his own band."

See how easy it is?

Here's one last one:

"The album should be out late this year, maybe early next year at the latest."

You can repeat the last one year after year. Either way you're always right.

So even though I believe Kaneda and whoever his source may be, we know that things don't always turn out as planned in GNRLand.

Great post!

I feel sorry for those who live their miserable lives pretending to be someone else than the real fake loser persona they truly are.

• Like 1

All I know is, if Kaneda has come out of the woodwork to declare a new album is on the horizon, then there's definitely been some momentum gearing up behind the scenes. The guy doesn't bullshit (anymore...).

This is exciting, if only because I thought Axl had just really, truly descended into apathy. It sounds like he's still got a little gas left in the tank!

• Like 1