[RUMOR] New album coming in 2015 according to Kaneda

On topic, I believe kaneda if he says he was told a new album this year. But if the timeline matches up that he was told by Dizzy, well that really doesn't mean much to me. I'd be shocked if Dizzy learned about a release date before it was released to the media.

how would a band member knowing about a release date for an album by his band before the media does shock you?

:facepalm:

What gimmick is WFA running now? I've lost track.

On topic, I believe kaneda if he says he was told a new album this year. But if the timeline matches up that he was told by Dizzy, well that really doesn't mean much to me. I'd be shocked if Dizzy learned about a release date before it was released to the media.

how would a band member knowing about a release date for an album by his band before the media does shock you?

Because it's Dizzy and like the other tertiary members of the band, he seems completely clueless about what happens before it happens.

Because it's Dizzy and like the other tertiary members of the band, he seems completely clueless about what happens before it happens.

right, silly me for thinking that axl, dj, dizzy, and richard know anything about new music. they're only band members afterall, i'm sure forum members know a lot more.

right, silly me for thinking that axl, dj, dizzy, and richard know anything about new music. they're only band members afterall, i'm sure forum members know a lot more.

Point out where I said that. And seriously, if you want to cupcake - you need to up your game, kid.

So we all get to hear the b-sides to an album where the a-side fell off the face of the earth and was never heard of again.

Awesome.

Not quite. Not if you believe what Axl has said about CD ll, that it's the second half of Chinese. Or what Josh Freese said about the AAA songs he wrote when he was in Guns that remain unreleased, or what Robin has said about how some of his favorite guitar moments in Guns are not even on Chinese.

Or what Tom Zutaut said about Atlas Shrugged, claiming it was "single material" or something like that, or what Bach and Brain said about The General.

Axl also said it's about which songs work together as a cohesive unit. CD ll could be similar in quality to Chinese.

Being a musician and song writer, here is what I believe. I don't believe you spend over a decade putting together an album that had the expectations that CD had, and NOT use the very best material you have. You just don't.

It doesn't make any sense.

Edited by combos

Wow, gotta say it seems a bit extreme to not permit links to other GNR forums. Jeez.

That isn't what I said, now is it?

Feel free to post links to any GNR forum you want, just not one that's owned and operated by people who have been banned from this forum.

There's two reasons for this. First, we do not allow people to post about banned members since they are not here to defend themselves.

Second, we do not feel it's appropriate to provide any form of promotion to a forum that is populated by members who have threatened legal action against the administration and members of this forum.

Wow, gotta say it seems a bit extreme to not permit links to other GNR forums. Jeez.

Feel free to post links to any GNR forum you want, just not one that's owned and operated by people who have been banned from this forum.

There's two reasons for this. First, we do not allow people to post about banned members since they are not here to defend themselves.

Second, we do not feel it's appropriate to provide any form of promotion to a forum that is populated by members who have threatened legal action against the administration and members of this forum.

I think you should allow Volcano back mate. Come on, just for a bloody laugh?

I think you should allow Volcano back mate. Come on, just for a bloody laugh?

Wow, you're finally right about something. Congrats.

Yeah, you sure know a thing or two 'bout that, Izzy.

So we all get to hear the b-sides to an album where the a-side fell off the face of the earth and was never heard of again.

Awesome.

Not quite. Not if you believe what Axl has said about CD ll, that it's the second half of Chinese. Or what Josh Freese said about the AAA songs he wrote when he was in Guns that remain unreleased, or what Robin has said about how some of his favorite guitar moments in Guns are not even on Chinese.

Or what Tom Zutaut said about Atlas Shrugged, claiming it was "single material" or something like that, or what Bach and Brain said about The General.

Axl also said it's about which songs work together as a cohesive unit. CD ll could be similar in quality to Chinese.

Being a musician and song writer, here is what I believe. I don't believe you spend over a decade putting together an album that had the expectations that CD had, and NOT use the very best material you have. You just don't.

There are many types of musicians cause there are many types of people in this world. If you take into consideration Axl's musical approach and what he said about the project, it does make sense.

Just as an example: November Rain and Don't Cry didn't make it on Appetite.

Another thing to consider is Axl sees a connection between different songs (trilogies and other shit)

It's not that far fetched imo for him to group together different songs on different albums based on his own artistic criteria. This song fits with that other one on this album, and this batch of songs will go better on the second album for example.

Try to look at it this way: Axl said he views Chinese as a double. We only got Chinese part one. Isn't it possible that it's like a Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 situation where the quality of both albums is comparable, only the second half remains unreleased?

People have talked about the high quality (in their opinion) of the unreleased material: The General by Brain and Bach, Atlas by Tom Zutaut, and Seven, which was Marco Beltrami's favorite out of the four he worked on and did orchestration for. (Seven, Thyme, The General, and Leave Me Alone)

Edited by Rovim

Awesome.

There are many types of musicians cause there are many types of people in this world. If you take into consideration Axl's musical approach and what he said about the project, it does make sense.

Just as an example: November Rain and Don't Cry didn't make it on Appetite.

Another thing to consider is Axl sees a connection between different songs (trilogies and other shit)

It's not that far fetched imo for him to group together different songs on different albums based on his own artistic criteria. This song fits with that other one on this album, and this batch of songs will go better on the second album for example.

Try to look at it this way: Axl said he views Chinese as a double. We only got Chinese part one. Isn't it possible that it's like a Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 situation where the quality of both albums is comparable, only the second half remains unreleased?

People have talked about the high quality (in their opinion) of the unreleased material: The General by Brain and Bach, Atlas by Tom Zutaut, and Seven, which was Marco Beltrami's favorite out of the four he worked on and did orchestration for. (Seven, Thyme, The General, and Leave Me Alone)

Also since it's his music I'm sure Axl likes all the songs that made it to Chinese and could see those and the next album (24 tracks atleast?) as all somewhat a list. I mean on this forum from what I've noticed, for the people who enjoy Chinese, the only song that is a consensus shit is Scraped, every other track I've seen atleast Afew people on here say they enjoyed it.

Call me crazy but I still have faith in Axl.

I would love a darker and heavier chinese democracy with a glam nov rain thrown in.

You and me both. Despite what the nay sayers think about CD, I honestly felt it was the best "rock" album of the decade 2000~2010. Now some of that could be because people don't know how to make good rock anymore, but still its the best IMO....

Hopefully things are a lot better organised than last time. I recently re-watched the TMS interview with Axl from 2011. He mentions that the reason there are no video's for Chinese Democracy is that he wanted to give people time to develop their own interpretations of the songs until he wanted to tell them what his story is. That surely cannot be true?

Momentum may not be like what it used to be, but there is still many ways to right the wrong's that came with Chinese Democracy, I'd like to see some box that included a photographic history right from the beginnings of the Chinese Democracy sessions and throughout all the tours, instead of a box with a fucking belt buckle and flag etc. I'm hoping that new material comes out this year. It'll have been 7 years by the time November comes, so hopefully they can get something out. It angers me that I still follow this band with all of the shenanigans that follows it, but there is something about that ginger mentalist's work that no one (IMO) on the music scene today can match. I have faith.

Bands today WISH they had Chinese Democracy sales, but when the record company is pushing 1 million copies out because they want to have that RIAA platinum award, it just seems boneheaded in hindsight, on top of the reasoning of why they didn't sell digital downloads but you could hear it on MySpace for free.

Whether GNR surprises the audience with the album or does a song by song reveal, puts an EP out just to have some new songs out there, and then have an album out months later? We'll see how this plays out. I think it'll be handled better.

While I don't agree with this I do think it's about time that you're being transparent about it.

It's lame that you credit tmz in the other topic over who is actually credited in the OP link though...

Bach also said that Sorry was this incredible doom metal song.

So, I don't think the fact that some random drummer said that The General is an ok song somehow means we're about to see the second coming.

Edited by niceguy

So, I don't think the fact that some random drummer said that The General is an ok song somehow means we're about to see the second coming.

The only second coming it is going to be is a second coming of CD. Anyone with a brain cell should have realized this long ago and anyone that can't handle that fact should have already moved on. For fuck's sake people, use some common sense here. It's Axl's band and it's going to be more of Axl's music. This isn't rocket science.

The only second coming it is going to be is a second coming of CD. Anyone with a brain cell should have realized this long ago and anyone that can't handle that fact should have already moved on. For fuck's sake people, use some common sense here. It's Axl's band and it's going to be more of Axl's music. This isn't rocket science.

I agree to an extent. There's always the possibility they throw in one or two DJ songs. And if they include Goin Down, which, if this isn't a fucking unicorn we're talking about, they absolutely should because it's a fine little song (except change the solo), then there could be a slightly different flavor to at least a couple songs. I don't think we can possibly expect anything good to come of a DJ song, though.

While I don't agree with this I do think it's about time that you're being transparent about it.

It's lame that you credit tmz in the other topic over who is actually credited in the OP link though...

So you think it's appropriate to allow connections to a site where posters threaten legal action against admins/mods/members of this forum? Really?

As for credit for some tabloid story on the personal life a guitar player who isn't even in the band anymore, honestly, who gives a fuck? If people at other forums want to credit this forum with news, great. If not, oh well. It's a fan forum; we're not the NY Times. People need to relax about this kind of thing; let's just enjoy talking about the band we're all fans of and not give a shit about everything else. Deal?

Great decision, downzy. And, in my opinion, you're being more than patient with these "please" requests and friendly warnings.

I can't help it; remember, I'm Canadian :)

• Like 4

A main reason that I remain skeptical about this being true is, why would Ron decide to quit the band just as they were gearing up to release new music? Okay, it may not be material that Ron has helped write, but I'm sure that he would have his own solo parts, like he did on Chinese. I really don't see Ron jumping ship if there was a chance of appearing on another Guns record.