[RUMOR] New album coming in 2015 according to Kaneda

If Axl is as dedicated to his band as he says he is then he will atleast have 4 songs on the next album that were made by the current lineup.

What are the chances that Axl will surprise everyone with a double album?

The chances are very high. Remember 1-1-2-1-1-? AFD, Lies, UYI1&2, TSI, CD...it has to be a double album next!

Nah, just kidding. One can hope. What I don't understand is what they are doing in the studio if they have 2 albums already recorded? Already recorded so done? Or still fine-tuning it? Or a third album?

I think it's Axl's vocals and stripping away Buckets, and Robins parts and allowing DJ and Richard possibly Ron to record their version of the parts. There's a legal money issue if they use Buckets or Robins solos in a finished release.

As far as Axl's vocals I think we will hear a much lower register on the next album. Less layering also. Instrumentally I expect it to be equally as complicated as CD but I expect the vocals to be much more simple. I think the album will be built to play live, unlike CD where some of the songs are nearly impossible to get right because there's so much going on.

Hopefully Axl took what people don't like about CD and corrects it for this album. It's important to remember that less can be more. We'll have to wait and see. Obviously there's something going on, but as you said a completed album shouldn't be hard to finish.

You probably right, I just dont like the wording:

Axl Rose claims to have completed two new Guns N' Roses albums.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jun/06/guns-n-roses-two-albums-ready-axl-rose

If he's still working on it it's not really "completed" is it?

There's heaps of names that could or might theoretically be a good or interesting fit but the reality is that there's just no way someone like Zakk Wylde or Dave Navarro would stand for being one of Axl's hired guns.

He was willing to do so back in '95. Axl was the one who turned him down cause he'd heard (through their lawyers) that Zakk was making outrageous demands like his own tour bus.

Plus, Slash didn't want Zakk in the band, so that killed it as well.

There is no legal obstacle to Axl using anything which BH or Robin did for GNR. Axl owns that material.

I didn't know that. I figured they would have artistic rights to it, but I guess if you make it under Guns N Roses then you lose that right.

Next album could be interesting...I was bummed out about Buckets stuff getting taken out. It still might be but probably much more intact if Axl has the rights

Ok so lets say it does happen (just go along for the ride) whats the distribution model?

1) Just sell CD's and vinyls and pretend its 1996 again

2) CDs and vinyl, but with the Daft Punk style heavy promotion in targeted spots

3) Guerilla release a la Beyonce

4) The Thom Yorke bit torrent model

5) The Radiohead pay what you want model

6) Drop flyers from a plane flown by Del james as he wears 1920s aviator goggles

Ok so lets say it does happen (just go along for the ride) whats the distribution model?

2) CDs and vinyl, but with the Daft Punk style heavy promotion in targeted spots

6) Drop flyers from a plane flown by Del james as he wears 1920s aviator goggles

Records do not sell as many now. A classic appropach with a couple of singles and videos, then back out on tour will suffice.

Pumping out new material more frequenntly, and constant touring will do. The whole Avant Garde Def Leppard Hysteria type episodes make no sense in this day and age anymore.

You forgot the option that U2 used to jam it down all iphone users throats whether they want it or not

You forgot the option that U2 used to jam it down all iphone users throats whether they want it or not

It seems your statement is a bit wrong - but correct me if I'm mistaken.

U2 sold their album to Apple for 100 million dollars. U2 didn't "jam" anything down anybody's throats - Apple would be the culprit.

Apple didn't "jam" anything down "Iphone" user's throats. My wife has an Iphone and she never received anything U2 related. Did you mean to say ITunes?

And in a 5-second google search, I saw how you can remove the album from your iTunes.

So you are really bitching about a FREE album from a major band sent to your ITunes account, that you can quickly and easily delete. Dang. Your life must be pretty amazing if that's something that causes you disconcertment. We've got children starving to death, and you are complaining about receiving a free album of music?

And before you knock U2 for their role in it, how many bands out there would turn that deal down?

If Apple came up to Axl and said "we'll give you a check for $100 million dollars for your next album"......is he saying "no thanks?" Dude played a wedding last year for the cash.

• Like 3

Records do not sell as many now. A classic appropach with a couple of singles and videos, then back out on tour will suffice.

What an utterly depressing thought. I appreciate that in context you're answering about the distribution of the record but your reply implies that in terms of both distribution and promotion, nothing should need to change from the CD fiasco other than a couple videos. I think that back at the time of the Docklands rant and '18 songs, 10 extra tarcks' Axl had a little more in mind than just a couple singles and videos and quietly going on tour to promote Appetite.

How about doing some of the type of things that other artists of Axl's stature have done recently e.g.

Record Day special releases.

High-definition release on Neil Young's Pono store.

Pink Floyd just had the most pre-ordered album of all time on Amazon and the fastest selling vinyl release since 1997 during the middle of a huge resurgence in vinyl.

People like Sia, GaGa, Beyonce and co. realease masses of high-concept videos which get hundreds of thousands of views on youtube.

Promoting Chandelier, Sia has played award shows and tv shows across the world, recreating her video in many creative ways. In 20 years Axl has played on tv twice.

In the UK we still have a thriving plethora of fantastic music magazines with the Classic Rock brand producing multiple series in different genres including Blues, Prog, AOR, Classic, individual specials and new album tie-ins. Slash has enormously benefitted from his association with them. They have supported and promoted Axl for over 15 years with more cover stories than any other artist, despite his lack of output or cooperation. It sure would be nice to open a Classic Rock gatefold cover one day to see a shot of the current line up and interviews with everyone inside and an 'on tour' special and 'making of Chinese' etc.

Although CD singles are basically dead, via other avenues from special edition online-only deluxe album box sets, iTunes and youtube, artists release all kinds of extras for fans including acoustic versions, live videos, virtual b-sides, instrumentals, demos etc etc.

Springsteen is now the biggest artists to jump on a trend begun by smaller acts years ago in releasing all of his live shows and an ongoing archive of past shows in both mp3, CD and lossless formats online.

The Rolling Stones facebook page and youtube stream constantly adds fantastic live footage from the past 50 years and e.g. just today a tribute to Charlie's 50 years in the band with some wonderful, rare archive photos. It sure beats the vacuous updates on GNR's social media which Axl is probably unaware of and likely come from Fernando who has absolutely nothing to do with the music of GNR, past or present.

I'd be so bummed if Bucket's or Finck's parts got replaced. Buckethead is the best lead guitarist this band has had since what's his face quit. If it were up to me I'd release the 2000-2004 lineup songs and then eventually sort though Ashba, Fortus, Stinson, Bfoot material.

• Like 1

It seems your statement is a bit wrong - but correct me if I'm mistaken.

U2 sold their album to Apple for 100 million dollars. U2 didn't "jam" anything down anybody's throats - Apple would be the culprit.

Apple didn't "jam" anything down "Iphone" user's throats. My wife has an Iphone and she never received anything U2 related. Did you mean to say ITunes?

And in a 5-second google search, I saw how you can remove the album from your iTunes.

So you are really bitching about a FREE album from a major band sent to your ITunes account, that you can quickly and easily delete. Dang. Your life must be pretty amazing if that's something that causes you disconcertment. We've got children starving to death, and you are complaining about receiving a free album of music?

And before you knock U2 for their role in it, how many bands out there would turn that deal down?

If Apple came up to Axl and said "we'll give you a check for $100 million dollars for your next album"......is he saying "no thanks?" Dude played a wedding last year for the cash.

Wow.. sensitive... Personally could care less about U2, or any Apple products, this is just what I was told.. guess stand corrected.

I'd be so bummed if Bucket's or Finck's parts got replaced. Buckethead is the best lead guitarist this band has had since what's his face quit. If it were up to me I'd release the 2000-2004 lineup songs and then eventually sort though Ashba, Fortus, Stinson, Bfoot material.

Agreed. That stuff cannot stay in the vault.