[RUMOR] New album coming in 2015 according to Kaneda

I am quite confident that the next album will be stuff from the Chinese Era

Axl knows thats what the fans want

Judging by CD's reception, that's the last thing the fans want. Which is exactly why we'll get it. Axl loves doing the exact opposite of what the fans want.

But that's exactly how far Axl has fallen, no? NuNuNu GNR is so bad that we'd much rather have the Bucket and Finck material, even though we're pretty sure it won't be any better than CD.

I don't include your deaf ass with that "we," of course. :lol:

lolcoma

Most people who didn't like Chinese made up their minds before even listening to it. This record should get a cleaner slate due to great strides GNR has made over the last few years.

You consider spinning around in circles until even the band members themselves can't take it any more to be great strides? The way I see it Axl hasn't even done anything to retain the fans he has much less draw the new audience that would be required to make a straight up CD sequel any sort of success. The diehards are completely split on CD and even though I personally love the album, in no way do I believe a sequel with the same players is going to do anything more than shed fans like a new Slash release.

Judging by CD's reception, that's the last thing the fans want. Which is exactly why we'll get it. Axl loves doing the exact opposite of what the fans want.

But that's exactly how far Axl has fallen, no? NuNuNu GNR is so bad that we'd much rather have the Bucket and Finck material, even though we're pretty sure it won't be any better than CD.

lolcoma

Just because I'm deaf doesn't mean that I don't understand that it is impossible to have a preference between the familiar and the unknown. You might think you want the familiar, but until the unknown becomes a reality it has every chance in the world to blow the familiar out of the water. Of course the opposite holds true as well, but when the familiar is something that is already a proven failure the unknown is definitely worth a shot.
  • Like 3

lolcoma

Just because I'm deaf doesn't mean that I don't understand that it is impossible to have a preference between the familiar and the unknown. You might think you want the familiar, but until the unknown becomes a reality it has every chance in the world to blow the familiar out of the water. Of course the opposite holds true as well, but when the familiar is something that is already a proven failure the unknown is definitely worth a shot.

Maybe. Checkmate sounds fucking terrible. God damn it. The issue with going unknown for me is that the problem with CD is Axl. Axl suck so much on CD. Buckethead and Finck are great, imo. I can't imagine I'll ever say DJ is great on anything. So that means I'm hoping Axl has gotten better. We've seen Axl recently. He hasn't gotten better. :lol:

• Like 1

lolcoma

Maybe. Checkmate sounds fucking terrible. God damn it. The issue with going unknown for me is that the problem with CD is Axl. Axl suck so much on CD. Buckethead and Finck are great, imo. I can't imagine I'll ever say DJ is great on anything. So that means I'm hoping Axl has gotten better. We've seen Axl recently. He hasn't gotten better. :lol:
I disagree there though. Axl doesn't suck when he is isolated in the multitracks. At least not in my opinion. The version of ITW that mixes Axl's vocals with whatever VR song it is is amazing compared to the shit version on the album, which is my least favorite song ever recorded under the Guns name. If different players can change complete crap like that into something decent I'm all for giving any different band a shot, whether it includes emo boy or not. Preferably not, but I'm not going to hold my breath over him going anywhere.

Maybe BBF is pissed because the remaining CD tracks will be released on the next album, rather stuff he and the current lineup have worked on and handed over to Axl. Personally if the CD era stuff sounds better than what Ashba, BBF, Fortus, Stinson have produced then its obvious that the CD era material would be released first. I don't think the current lineup could match up to what the 2002 lineup could produce in the studio.

lolcoma

I disagree there though. Axl doesn't suck when he is isolated in the multitracks. At least not in my opinion. The version of ITW that mixes Axl's vocals with whatever VR song it is is amazing compared to the shit version on the album, which is my least favorite song ever recorded under the Guns name. If different players can change complete crap like that into something decent I'm all for giving any different band a shot, whether it includes emo boy or not. Preferably not, but I'm not going to hold my breath over him going anywhere.

IMO:

1. CD - Vocals on chorus are terrible. Vocals on verses are forgettable. Lyrics are bad.

2. Shackler's - Vocals on chorus pretty good but far too low in the mix. Vocals on verses are annoying. Lyrics are bad.

3. Better - Vocals OK until he ruins it with the high pitched stuff during "was heal the scars that got their start" and "to break the charms that brought me harm." Vocals during chorus are terrible. Vocals during "I never wanted" are good until he ruins it once again with that last note on "see things for yourself." Lyrics aren't bad.

4. SOD - Rasp parts are good. Non rasp parts suck. Lyrics are mediocre at best.

5. ITW - Deep rasp parts are good. High pitched stuff sucks. Lyrics are terrible.

6. TWAT - Vocals during the screams at the end are good. Everything else sounds bad. Lyrics are OK.

7. CITR - Vocals are bad all the way through, except for the na na na part. Lyrics are OK.

8. Scraped - Rasp vocals are OK. Other vocals are mindblowingly bad. Lyrics are abysmal.

9. Riad - Vocals are not bad. Lyrics are terrible.

10. Sorry - Vocals are terrible all the way through. Lyrics are terrible.

11. IRS - Vocals pretty good. Probably best on the album. Lyrics are awful for the most part, especially the chorus. :facepalm:

12. Madagascar - Vocals are bad except that scream is OK. Lyrics are trite and predictable as fuck.

13. TIL - Just no. All around no. :lol:

14. Prostitute - He nails the "perversion and pain" part but everything else is crap, vocally. Lyrics are OK, but holy shit are we tired of hearing about how everyone has wronged Axl by this point.

• Like 2

lolcoma

IMO:

1. CD - Vocals on chorus are terrible. Vocals on verses are forgettable. Lyrics are bad.

2. Shackler's - Vocals on chorus pretty good but far too low in the mix. Vocals on verses are annoying. Lyrics are bad.

3. Better - Vocals OK until he ruins it with the high pitched stuff during "was heal the scars that got their start" and "to break the charms that brought me harm." Vocals during chorus are terrible. Vocals during "I never wanted" are good until he ruins it once again with that last note on "see things for yourself." Lyrics aren't bad.

5. ITW - Deep rasp parts are good. High pitched stuff sucks. Lyrics are terrible.

6. TWAT - Vocals during the screams at the end are good. Everything else sounds bad. Lyrics are OK.

7. CITR - Vocals are bad all the way through, except for the na na na part. Lyrics are OK.

8. Scraped - Rasp vocals are OK. Other vocals are mindblowingly bad. Lyrics are abysmal.

11. IRS - Vocals pretty good. Probably best on the album. Lyrics are awful for the most part, especially the chorus. :facepalm:

12. Madagascar - Vocals are bad except that scream is OK. Lyrics are trite and predictable as fuck.

14. Prostitute - He nails the "perversion and pain" part but everything else is crap, vocally. Lyrics are OK, but holy shit are we tired of hearing about how everyone has wronged Axl by this point.

Thank you for your song by song breakdown and the effort you put into it.
  • Like 2

lolcoma

IMO:

So basically your saying lyrics suck on CD. What do you want him to write about? Drinking Wine, Heroin, living on the streets (In his multimillionaire mansion, with Ferrari's, Lamborghini's on the drive, swimming pool, fridge full of food)

Most people who didn't like Chinese made up their minds before even listening to it. This record should get a cleaner slate due to great strides GNR has made over the last few years.

I'd say that's true for the general public outside of forums.

I can't tell you how people have told me CD sucks. Then I ask them what they didn't like and they tell me they didn't actually listen to it.

Yep, it's got that stigma about it which is a shame as there's a lot to appreciate about it. A cleaner mix would make a big improvement though, CD from the AFD DVD sounds mean with BBF's slide guitar riff so clear in the mix.

Yep...after one long term relationship ended badly, I went from liking three or four songs off CD to liking almost every song on it. Think that's the magic ticket to getting into that album. Not that it'll work for everybody, but that's your best bet.

Edited by Flayer

• 2 weeks later...

Lyrically CD is terrible. Garbage.

Where do I start?

''I'll kick your arse like I said that I would''

''Sitting in a Chinese stew''

''I think i'll call the president, the cia, the fbi'' etc

It is awful. It does not even fulfill the requirements of 'manic depressive rock' a la Nirvana. It is too shit for that.