[RUMOR] New album coming in 2015 according to Kaneda

I think I can more accurately predict the exact score of the Super Bowl. At least I have facts to base it by. Axls been a total mystery with years of no or confusing communication. How can anyone predict anything? The evidence we have is that interviews have nothing to do with any resultant action. I'll just wait and not invest emotion in hope without reason. It's kind of like being in high school and drawing all sorts of conclusions when the hot cheerleader asks to borrow a pen. It's meaningless. Not some secret message with layers of meaning. Some things are what they are.

Chi Dem was NOT badly mastered. It sported a "busy mix" if you will, but there was no problem with the mastering.

The mix is way too loud, causing the instrument layering to clump together into a solid wall of sound. Catcher in the Rye probably suffered the most from this
So, it's a mixing problem, and, like I said, has nothing to do with the mastering. Edited by EvH

As an audio engineer I commend you: your assessment is correct, but your terminology is wrong.

The mix isn't too loud-- it's just too dense and overwrought. There's no sonic space. Every centimeter of sonic real estate is taken up, either by Axl's overdubs or some useless nonsense from his employees.

And so, the mix ends up very claustrophobic.

The mastering is superb, however. It is most definitely NOT too loud.

Pardon the OT, I don't suppose you'd be willing to give us amateurs some tips? (in anything goes I guess)

I truly feel Axl is only now interested in moving forward with the release of CD ll.

Why? Are there any signs to this that I missed?

He discussed it in an interview in 2014, which makes a change. He's been in the studio according to Fortus, TB and his own/Pitman's tweet. Feels like he's actually doing something.

Quite happy with how CD turned out. Wish some people would stop moaning. Be positive and look forward to what's coming next.

I like CD it's a great record, riad and scraped are rubbish and there just so it's not a 12 track album, if it hadn't leaked a million times online it's have sold a lot more, not to mention shocking promotions from guns and the record company

Quite happy with how CD turned out. Wish some people would stop moaning. Be positive and look forward to what's coming next.

I like CD it's a great record, riad and scraped are rubbish and there just so it's not a 12 track album, if it hadn't leaked a million times online it's have sold a lot more, not to mention shocking promotions from guns and the record company

riad & scraped grew on me. Beyonce didn't get much criticism for the way she released her album.

riad & scraped grew on me. Beyonce didn't get much criticism for the way she released her album.

Maybe because Beyoncé is for 14 year old girls, what about the way U2 released theirs ?

As an audio engineer I commend you: your assessment is correct, but your terminology is wrong.

The mix isn't too loud-- it's just too dense and overwrought. There's no sonic space. Every centimeter of sonic real estate is taken up, either by Axl's overdubs or some useless nonsense from his employees.

Pardon the OT, I don't suppose you'd be willing to give us amateurs some tips? (in anything goes I guess)

Sure! Should I create a thread there or something?

• Like 1

Maybe because Beyoncé is for 14 year old girls, what about the way U2 released theirs ?

Beyonce is for all women basically and men that admit they listen to her, i realize its not 1991 anymore and GNR are not the most popular thing around but the way she released that album was a smart move due to the torrents etc. U2 have almost ruined there legacy due to that Apple deal, that's not the way to go doing something like that will lose you your casual fans and lots of hardcore fans. Look at the way Metallica was ridiculed due to that whole Napster ordeal, Lars made himself look like a total asshole.

Beyonce is for all women basically and men that admit they listen to her, i realize its not 1991 anymore and GNR are not the most popular thing around but the way she released that album was a smart move due to the torrents etc. U2 have almost ruined there legacy due to that Apple deal, that's not the way to go doing something like that will lose you your casual fans and lots of hardcore fans. Look at the way Metallica was ridiculed due to that whole Napster ordeal, Lars made himself look like a total asshole.

True, I agree with Metallica and U2 deals. GNR didn't do themselves any big favours with the best buy idea, what a shit idea that was

True, I agree with Metallica and U2 deals. GNR didn't do themselves any big favours with the best buy idea, what a shit idea that was

Why was it a shit deal for GnR? GnR and the label got paid and then some. Best Buy are the ones who got rooked.

• Like 1

It wasn't shit on though from all angles, appeared on peoples phones. Seemed like a perfectly good negotiated deal to me.

Chi Dem was NOT badly mastered. It sported a "busy mix" if you will, but there was no problem with the mastering.

The mix is way too loud, causing the instrument layering to clump together into a solid wall of sound. Catcher in the Rye probably suffered the most from this
So, it's a mixing problem, and, like I said, has nothing to do with the mastering.

Alright, I'll change my wording to it needing to be "remixed" than "remastered"

Better? :P

Yes please that'd be awesome man. I'll go into details in the thread but I just started using Ableton and need all the help I can get :D

Yes please that'd be awesome man. I'll go into details in the thread but I just started using Ableton and need all the help I can get :D

Done!

So, it's a mixing problem, and, like I said, has nothing to do with the mastering.
Alright, I'll change my wording to it needing to be "remixed" than "remastered"

Better? :P

Haha no worries mate ! :D Just wanted to clarify because the confusion is extremely common.

The story behind CD I & II, a great scenario for documentary in future,what gone wrong,who's faults for lost years,worth the wait or not, responsibility of disc company for the promotion,how money Axl wasted,how music rock scene accepted or rejected the new sound,the failed DVD etc.

Possible CD II will worth the wait?

The story behind CD I & II, a great scenario for documentary in future,what gone wrong,who's faults for lost years,worth the wait or not, responsibility of disc company for the promotion,how money Axl wasted,how music rock scene accepted or rejected the new sound,the failed DVD etc.

Possible CD II will worth the wait?

Is there a choice? :)