[RUMOR] New album coming in 2015 according to Kaneda

Please point out the great lyrics in This I Love and Street of Dreams. :)

What I like in a lyric may just be the same thing you hate. "What I thought was true before Were lies I couldn't see, What I thought was beautiful

Is only memories" I don't know I like those lyrics... :) as for This I love, that's just a brilliant love song from top to bottom, there's not any one lyric from the song that I would spotlight, it just works and really tells a story.

I will fully admit that I care more for a great melody than a great lyric, I listen mainly to the melodies and over time I listen to the lyrics.

Fair enough. I don't mind that line you mention from SOD, even though it's still whiny as shit. :lol: I can't get on board with anything on TIL, though. Those are the worst lyrics on the album, imo, except for the chorus of IRS.

• Like 1

Shotgun Blues

How can a song that includes the lyric "And you....you can suck my ass" not be considered brilliant?!

edit-

That might not even be the right lyrics. I've listened to that song maybe 5 times ever. I just think I remember something horrific like that in it

5 times?! How did you make that? Fuckin' legend.

Gonna call Obama.

• Like 1

How anyone can like a lyric like PLEASE GAWD YOU MUST BELIEVE ME is beyond me. It cracks me up everytime I hear it. This song could've been a massive hit like November Rain if it weren't for those fucking stupid lyrics.

Edited by Rdeyahlxp
  • Like 1

Gonna call Obama.

Should have been part of the IRS chorus.

Ha ha. I like IRS, it's kinda catchy. I know the chorus is a bit corny but I still like it.

It's one of the songs on the album I kinda like too. I just :facepalm: every time it gets to the chorus.

I think people are too hard on the IRS chorus myself. Just because something's simple that doesn't make it bad. Unless we're prepared to shit on "My Sharona" or "She Loves You", in which case I will simply say good day.

I don't get the IRS chorus hate, I like it. Especially the second part.

Gonna call the president
Gonna call a private eye
Gonna get the IRS
Gonna need the FBI
Gonna make this a federal case
Gonna wave it right down in your face
Read it baby with your morning news
With a sweet hangover and the headlines too

I love how people say things like that about ac/dc, etc. The only difference is they release good songs that sound like ac/dc. and they stay relevant doing so. Axl should have stayed with what most fans like about gnr, ROCK and ROLL. this new direction obviously didn't work. no radio paly, and the tour is 90% old stuff EVERY time. People fell in love with the old band and that was a successful formula. Ac/dc fans want ac/dc music. Most gnr fans want gnr music. pretty simple

Situation with new album,stuff,material is just a loop of previous discussions all over the years,they have said to us there is done material but nobody can really say why is not released yet,nothing changed at all since last release,6-7 years of mystery,generic interviews,lies from the guitarists that working and working the new stuff,silence from Axl's side and just waiting....the sometime soon.Its really boring in our days to be a gnr fan..

I would've liked an epic NIN meets GNR industrial-themed record as a continuation of the UYIs and after TSI? over a mediocre, uninspired Slash-based blues riff AFD II. However, the songs on CD are just an incoherent mess, it should've never been allowed to be released in it's current form. It feels unfinished and the songs don't gel well.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that we'll hear something by the end of the month. I have no idea why, but I just have a hunch that we'll get some kind of announcement before this month comes to an end.

Maybe something about a Summer tour coupled with an album announcement, or one now and the other later...

That's my prediction. ;)

I'll jump on the prediction wagon and say we'll hear a tour or festival announcement soon and the album announcement will be closer to the date. I think they'll play a new song, I imagine just the one, before announcing.

If they did the crowd would go wild, even casuals know there's been no new material played since before CD.

Might as well give my prediction too:

I think it's just a matter of time, and not a lot of it. I truly feel Axl is only now interested in moving forward with the release of CD ll. I also think we'll get the remix Chinese as a nice bonus and that he mentioned it on purpose (that it's done) cause he thinks it's important to release it as well.

Probably 2016. My guess is it will be mostly Bucket/Robin/and Brain stuff with what Bumble recorded on top of Chinese (he said he worked on 30 songs) with DJ, Frank, and Fortus added in to the Chinese stew.

I trust Axl to not record over really good Bucket and Robin shit. (something like Better or Bucket's There Was A Time outro)

I 100% believe CD ll will be released before 2020.

Edited by Rovim

Before ChiDem2 happens, I think the band should release at least two singles to promote the album before its release to generate some hype. If a track like Goin Down hits the radio and becomes popular enough to stick around, it'll get people interested in what's going on with the band again rather than just wishing they were listening to WttJ or SCoM instead.

The album should be packaged with a remastered ChiDem1 also for physical editions, since the original mix is badly mastered and quite a few people never bothered to check out the original album. Add in the demo versions of some tracks to the disc to make it more interesting too.

What probably hurt ChiDem the most is the Best Buy exclusivity. Unless there was a BIG profit for the band, making an album exclusive to one store is just bad business.

That being said, I'd love to hear what's still being kept in the GnR vault from the past twenty years :lol:

Chi Dem was NOT badly mastered. It sported a "busy mix" if you will, but there was no problem with the mastering.

The mix is way too loud, causing the instrument layering to clump together into a solid wall of sound. Catcher in the Rye probably suffered the most from this

I wish Guns would be even more experimental, and actually go in UNEXPECTED directions.

This, for example, was the Rolling Stones' first written song:

You'd never expect something so pop-ish come from GN'R. That's why GN'R were never going to be the new Stones...The Stones dabbled in every genre. Guns stayed within the hard rock vein generally, with a dabble to acoustic.

Chi Dem was NOT badly mastered. It sported a "busy mix" if you will, but there was no problem with the mastering.

The mix is way too loud, causing the instrument layering to clump together into a solid wall of sound. Catcher in the Rye probably suffered the most from this

As an audio engineer I commend you: your assessment is correct, but your terminology is wrong.

The mix isn't too loud-- it's just too dense and overwrought. There's no sonic space. Every centimeter of sonic real estate is taken up, either by Axl's overdubs or some useless nonsense from his employees.

And so, the mix ends up very claustrophobic.

The mastering is superb, however. It is most definitely NOT too loud.

• Like 4