[RUMOR] New album coming in 2015 according to Kaneda

Keep this thread on topic please, just cleaned up a load of irrelevant posts.

You just removed some Coronation Street discussions!! Sacrilege!!

I noticed how he kept in the talk about Steve's depression but allowed no such privilege to my post about Roy's Rolls.

• Like 1

There hasn't been a cohesive GN'R album since 1987.

Agreed. Lies and UYI were like Chinese in that way. I remember Slash comparing The Illusions to the White Album.

I think Axl will always have his need to write ballads, but also to try a bunch of different styles and incorporate them into the Guns sound and it's always been a melting pot of sorts. Maybe it worked better on UYI compared to Chinese, but it was still basically the same approach.

Lies less so, but on the UYIs, you have November Rain and Perfect Crime on the same disc. On UYI II, you have Estranged and My World sharing the same space. That's about as musically diverse as one can get.

UYI is 'musically diverse'? :lol:

Because nothing describes CD better than "cohesive unit"?

Many albums are created in that way. It's nothing new. The White album for example contains Julia and Helter Skelter. Not comparing the quality of the music here, but they're both very diverse albums that work imo, even if stylistically they're not very cohesive.

I guess I meant that songs that Axl picked for CD ll maybe wouldn't have worked as well with the songs we got on Chinese compared to how they work together as a unit on CD ll. He did describe CD ll as "meaner, darker" compared to Chinese.

Having said that, it's kinda funny This I Love and Shackler's are on the same album. I believe it's partly because Axl waits too long between releases, so sometimes you're left with songs you want to release, but they sound like they came from a different era (cause they did) Robin had to convince Axl to release This I Love.

Catcher sounds like it was changed to fit into Chinese and it's production fits the rest of the material on the album more then it fits the actual song imo.

You're making no sense. Axl explicitly said that if you didn't like CD, you won't like the rest, implying that we're dealing with the same sort of material. And that Jackie Chan clip sounds just like everything that is wrong with CD.

Many albums are created in that way. It's nothing new. The White album for example contains Julia and Helter Skelter. Not comparing the quality of the music here, but they're both very diverse albums that work imo, even if stylistically they're not very cohesive.

I guess I meant that songs that Axl picked for CD ll maybe wouldn't have worked as well with the songs we got on Chinese compared to how they work together as a unit on CD ll. He did describe CD ll as "meaner, darker" compared to Chinese.

Having said that, it's kinda funny This I Love and Shackler's are on the same album. I believe it's partly because Axl waits too long between releases, so sometimes you're left with songs you want to release, but they sound like they came from a different era (cause they did) Robin had to convince Axl to release This I Love.

Catcher sounds like it was changed to fit into Chinese and it's production fits the rest of the material on the album more then it fits the actual song imo.

You're making no sense. Axl explicitly said that if you didn't like CD, you won't like the rest, implying that we're dealing with the same sort of material. And that Jackie Chan clip sounds just like everything that is wrong with CD.

:lol: Since when do you believe anything Axl says?

• Like 1

:lol: Since when do you believe anything Axl says?
Fair enough. :lol:

Haha

One of my favourites is when he said, he was trying to make an ''Appetite style record'' with Chinese, back in 1999. Does CD sound anything like Appetite to you?

Well, there is a possibility that he changed his direction in the 9 years between that quote and Chinese Democracy's eventual release.

Haha

One of my favourites is when he said, he was trying to make an ''Appetite style record'' with Chinese, back in 1999. Does CD sound anything like Appetite to you?

Well, there is a possibility that he changed his direction in the 9 years between that quote and Chinese Democracy's eventual release.

There is also the possibility that the man speaks verbal diarrhea.

• Like 1

Leaks like Goin' Down and Checkmate sounded really promising, if that's what ChiDem2 will be like. A nice collection of vintage hard rock that'll make old and news Guns fans happy.

You think so? Those leaks sounded utterly bland and plain to me, like something any dad bar band would play while wearing cargo shorts and sandals at the local VFW.

• Like 2

Haha

There is also the possibility that the man speaks verbal diarrhea.

life gets in the way. things happen and cause plans to change. get over it. I guess I just don't understand why ex-fans are trolling a thread about a new GN'R record and spouting off drivel like the post above.

Edited by WFA

Leaks like Goin' Down and Checkmate sounded really promising, if that's what ChiDem2 will be like. A nice collection of vintage hard rock that'll make old and news Guns fans happy.

You think so? Those leaks sounded utterly bland and plain to me, like something any dad bar band would play while wearing cargo shorts and sandals at the local VFW.

A.K.A Dizzy Reed :awesomeface:

I like the progressive sounds of CD, like shacklers, better etc. If Slash was still in the band, you would have 2 minutes of vocals, little bridge and then a solo, and then the song wraps up, it didn't work too bad back in the day but that was just after the 80's had finished. These days I think its a good thing that Axl has took a different approach than just making classic rock type songs, I think it gives a more up to date type sound that a band of GnR's timeline needs to have to be honest, it appeals to new fans and takes the music in a different direction instead of just the same formula. That's why I'm looking forward to the next album, what else has Axl got up his sleeve.

• Like 2

That's what happens when you approach music with an already negative opinion, cynical imagery floods the brain :lol:

I'm making perfect sense. Even if the songs are similar in style and approach, they're still different songs. We don't know how they specifically sound like. Axl made the distinction of "Meaner, darker" when he talked about the CD ll material. Bach said in an interview how Axl explained to him when asked about The General that "this song goes thematically with that one etc, and that one is for the third album", and so on.

I don't think it's all just ballads and rockers to Axl (just my guess) it seems like he put a lot of thought into how he divides the material he recorded to separate albums and each album contains a batch of songs that work best together in Axl's opinion.

So, to Axl, these differences between groups of songs could mean for him that a specific song will fit with another on a different album for reasons you, me, or possibly anyone else wouldn't notice or care about, so the quality of the material could still be similar like I've already said.

He's all about song trilogies and shit. He seems to really care about the big picture, how the material connects as a whole.

Edited by Rovim

I've heard from sources within the band that a new album is coming this year. Most of the songs are from the Chinese D era. No free dr pepper this time around :) 51 Tuesday's left in the year.

Where and when did you hear that?
Last night. My source is legit. But does anyone really care to hear an album made by guys not in the band?

I don't mind. If the songs are good, I'm happy.

• Like 1

Once again, please refrain from posting links to forums run by and about banned members.

Feel free to post and participate at any forum, but we'd ask that members adhere to the policy of not referring to banned members.

Thanks!

awesome, chinese democracy b sides.. brilliant..

can't wait to hear this train wreck!

Why are you posting on a fan forum if you're calling an album you haven't heard in any capacity a train wreck? Haters and ex-fans like you are a detriment to the band. If you pulled your head out of your ass far enough, you'd read where these are not "leftovers that didn't make the first cut", these were recorded with the intention of being a followup album to Chinese Democracy.

So now the album is close leaks should follow right ?....

hopefully not, leaks create distrust on both sides (the label and the band) and cause negotiations to stall for months, thus setting a release date even further back.

• Like 1

On topic, I believe kaneda if he says he was told a new album this year. But if the timeline matches up that he was told by Dizzy, well that really doesn't mean much to me. I'd be shocked if Dizzy learned about a release date before it was released to the media.

Edited by downzy
Removed personal insults directed towards another member
  • Like 1