[RUMOR] New album coming in 2015 according to Kaneda

As with anything Guns n' Roses related, I won't believe it until it's actually out. We've all seen the Democracy concert film fiasco and before that Chinese Democracy (which was also a fiasco).

Saying 2015 now might as well turn out to be 2037.

I think Shacklers is a fucking horrible song. Garbage Korn rip-off.

If NUgnr had 6 or more songs in that "style" than I'd agree with you a little more, but being as its really the only one (except one could argue OMG is that style as well), to me it shows diversity of the band. Which is something gnr/Axl has been about since at least the Illusion days. Besides NUgnr can tackle a "Kornish" song and pull it off a lot better than Korn could do a gnr type song IMO. The closest thing to a "classic rock" type of song Korn ever did was their cover of Another Brick in the Wall part 2, which is just meh IMO. I don't hate it, but its no patch on the original. At least Axl/gnr wrote their own new song as opposed to covering Freak on a leash or something like that....

• Like 1

My only fear about the calibre of the new material, is, it is astonishing that it took ten years to release an album with duds like Scraped and Shackler's on it. During all that time, I thought he was working on something really incredible. Presumably they were a-listed?

Well I actually rate Shacklers as the best thing NuGnr have ever done. I'll give you Scraped though.

Ya both Scraped and Riad are garbage IMO, they are the My World and Back off Bitch of CD....

Since we're talking about GN'R records,

Am I alone in thinking that had the following record been released in '94 or '95, with Axl on vocals except where noted, it would've been killer?

1) Cure Me....Or Kill Me
2) Beggars and Hangers On
3) Black
4) This I Love
5) Monkey Chow
6) Neither Can I
7) Good to Be Alive
8) Skin & Bones
9) Believe in Me (Duff on vocals)
10) Ain't Goin Down
11) Tijuana Jail
12) Back and Forth Again
13) Dead Flowers (Axl and Gilby share vocals)
14) Fall to Pieces
  • Like 1

Riad has some good instrumental stuff if you can get past Axl's terrible verses and chorus. Scraped is the worst.

Agreed. The thing that always turned me off on Riad is that it feels like a poor attempt at Immigrant Song to me. Which I'm sorry Axl, but Immigrant pisses all over that turd of a track....

I think Shacklers is a fucking horrible song. Garbage Korn rip-off.

Doesn't sound like Korn to me. Its not a bad song is Shacklers, the solo/bass/pro tools death march thing is killer. Its certainly better than Get The Ring, Shotgun Blues, So Fine etc.

Same riff.

It's been over 6 months since GNR toured and he did say he was going to look into the songs. I doubt he's going to announce a release date until it's mastered and the whole thing is ready to go - website, album art, cryptic messages and photos on social media. Axl not constantly being out there in the media will draw people in.

I actually hope no one leaks new GNR music and can hold off on putting what they have out once this album's out. It might have been fun and exciting then, but it's a dick move to do it now. I think Axl will invite certain people to a private listening party and get a taste of the new music. Whether or not he includes fans, and he should, remains to be seen.

I trust Kaneda. I'm sure he heard something, but as the sayin goes, man plans & God laughs. With GNR times that by ten.

That said, I'd love to be able to blast The General & Soul Monster from my speakers in 2015.

• Like 3

I'd dig a whole album of tracks like Oh My God, Shackler's and Prostitute. The band needs to push out fresh material so Axl can finally leave its 80's image behind.

"The band"?

hahahaha

Yeah, I think we can stop pretending that anyone other than Axl Rose is calling the shots regarding the next album release.

Really, from 1998-Present, Axl is to Guns N' Roses what Trent Reznor is to NIN and what Billy Corgan is to Smashing Pumpkins. That's just the way it is.

I'd dig a whole album of tracks like Oh My God, Shackler's and Prostitute. The band needs to push out fresh material so Axl can finally leave its 80's image behind.

"The band"?

hahahaha

Yeah, I think we can stop pretending that anyone other than Axl Rose is calling the shots regarding the next album release.

Really, from 1998-Present, Axl is to Guns N' Roses what Trent Reznor is to NIN and what Billy Corgan is to Smashing Pumpkins. That's just the way it is.

No man, they are a real band. Havent you heard, Axl tells jokes!

• Like 1