Freddie Mercury/Axl & GNR

I'm just gonna leave these here:

these videos are not good

i understand why axl likes queen but queen is not something axl should cover

if anything axl and original gnr should have done a raggae esque album and or country based dance one in the give me some raggea KOHD, dead flowers & you ain't the first type direction

I wish Axl and co had done an official Queen cover back in the day, yeah I know ya can't ask more than Axl and Elton fucking John doing Bohemian and him killing We Will Rock You in a packed Wembley celebrating the great man. Heck Sail Away Sweet Sister during UYI, amazing but a studio version of Axl and classic GNR doing Staying Power, White Queen or whatever... already have plenty of Queen within the GNR mythos but there you go.

Agreed. I was really siked to hear that rumour about a Queen cover during the last tour. Shame it never happened.

Don't get me wrong I'd be very intrigued to hear the current line up cover some different shit, definitely release something on a new record too. I wonder which Queen song they'd have picked and also how it'd differ from an agreed Queen track from the classic line up. I still have high hopes for these guys and we ofc can't get the classic guys back.

I wish Axl and co had done an official Queen cover back in the day, yeah I know ya can't ask more than Axl and Elton fucking John doing Bohemian and him killing We Will Rock You in a packed Wembley celebrating the great man. Heck Sail Away Sweet Sister during UYI, amazing but a studio version of Axl and classic GNR doing Staying Power, White Queen or whatever... already have plenty of Queen within the GNR mythos but there you go.

Agreed. I was really siked to hear that rumour about a Queen cover during the last tour. Shame it never happened.

Don't get me wrong I'd be very intrigued to hear the current line up cover some different shit, definitely release something on a new record too. I wonder which Queen song they'd have picked and also how it'd differ from an agreed Queen track from the classic line up. I still have high hopes for these guys and we ofc can't get the classic guys back.

I think current Axl could pull off a decent "Save Me".

Axl and Freddie never met. I'd be willing to put money on that. Freddie had already become sick and a bit of a recluse by the time Guns got big. I'm pretty sure there are no quotes from Freddie regarding Axl, especially not spitting in his face. That doesn't even sound like Freddie.

Freddie is one of best vocalists ever and one of greatest losses in modern music. His contribution to music is one of the kind and I can see some relation between him and Axl. But he had more courage and will to explore after Queen stopped performing together. Axl sticks to old pattern and claiming to want something different, and never doing it right and complete.

Anyway, it would be huge if they sang together...any song.

And I don't know if they ever met. Seems they didn't.

http://www.xfm.co.uk/artists/guns-n-roses/axl-rose-rather-listen-freddie-mercury-than-myself/

I remember that Freddie once said after being asked if he would like to meet Axl, something like:"Yes,so I could spit in his face!".

As far as I remember it had to be related with One In A Million lyrics.

Bolded part: What? You do realize Queen stayed together even after Freddie's death? John Deacon left in 1997 and they released an album with Freddie's vocals in 1995.
For spitting in face I'm not sure, Freddie had some statements not too gentle...maybe he did, maybe he didn't said that. I could bet he did, at least something like that. I'll try to find it ...anywhere (by now my only luck was on some other forum where someone said it too, but no-one confirmed it).

And for bold part:last Queen concert with Freddie was on Magic tour which ended in August 1986!

I don't count what happened after Freddie, Brian May singing, new concerts and whatever. That's not it :D

After 1986 Freddie had his own side projects, not much working with his original band.

I know Queen didn't stop existing, but after 1986 many things changend definetely.

Edited by Kater

Axl and Freddie never met. I'd be willing to put money on that. Freddie had already become sick and a bit of a recluse by the time Guns got big. I'm pretty sure there are no quotes from Freddie regarding Axl, especially not spitting in his face. That doesn't even sound like Freddie.

Freddie is one of best vocalists ever and one of greatest losses in modern music. His contribution to music is one of the kind and I can see some relation between him and Axl. But he had more courage and will to explore after Queen stopped performing together. Axl sticks to old pattern and claiming to want something different, and never doing it right and complete.

http://www.xfm.co.uk/artists/guns-n-roses/axl-rose-rather-listen-freddie-mercury-than-myself/

I remember that Freddie once said after being asked if he would like to meet Axl, something like:"Yes,so I could spit in his face!".

Bolded part: What? You do realize Queen stayed together even after Freddie's death? John Deacon left in 1997 and they released an album with Freddie's vocals in 1995.
For spitting in face I'm not sure, Freddie had some statements not too gentle...maybe he did, maybe he didn't said that. I could bet he did, at least something like that. I'll try to find it ...anywhere (by now my only luck was on some other forum where someone said it too, but no-one confirmed it).

And for bold part:last Queen concert with Freddie was on Magic tour which ended in August 1986!

I don't count what happened after Freddie, Brian May singing, new concerts and whatever. That's not it :D

After 1986 Freddie had his own side projects, not much working with his original band.

I know Queen didn't stop existing, but after 1986 many things changend definetely.

You realize Queen recorded and released two albums after 1986 with Freddie still alive, right? Queen always took breaks in the 80s. Roger had three albums in the 80s, Freddie had two. There was no "after Queen" for Freddie.

You realize Queen recorded and released two albums after 1986 with Freddie still alive, right? Queen always took breaks in the 80s. Roger had three albums in the 80s, Freddie had two. There was no "after Queen" for Freddie.

I think we just don't understand :D

I'm just looking from my perspective. In 1986 they toured last time. The band was on 3years hold. In meantime FM had his side projects. The one with Monserrat Caballe was weird but successful. It is mostly not mentioned but he was always exploring something different and many times gave up before finishing it.

After Barcelona they had 2 more albums, but he was already ill and they never toured again.

I'm counting 1986 as some kind of an end. Emotionally, not factually...it is just my felling.

I didn't know they were still together. I thought they broke up when the lead singer joined Van Halen.... That did happen, right? :lol:

That did happen, yes. They got back together 5 years ago or so though. They put out a new record around then that's actually really good.

guns n' roses & brian may - tie your mother down:

This is killer IMO

is there a full concert as bootleg? I found a few information about this gig, It was professional recorded.

Guns n' Roses at Wembley Stadium, London on June 13th 1992.Tie Your Mother Down & We Will Rock You https://mega.co.nz/#!n08DDIjD!Vhg6j1zys_V51ybEEBlkNx5mjBfh90oqAx_27AAbMwE

Edited by Gibbo 27

I always thought Axl sounded a bit too raspy coming in at the end of Bohemian. It doesn't flow with the rest of the performance. He fucked up on We Will Rock You too. He got the tempo wrong and then did this weird high pitched thing to try to cover over his mistake. Makes me cringe every time I hear it. :lol:

Yeah, exactly. Thank you for this. :lol: