Let's talk about the importance of marriage.

arnold layne

Do you believe in marriage?   

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you like some bird and are thinking of getting married just cut to the chase and give her the keys to your house, car and everything in your bank account.

You'll at least save money on the wedding. But not if it stays in your bank account.

Edited by Facekicker

If you like some bird and are thinking of getting married just cut to the chase and give her the keys to your house, car and everything in your bank account.

You'll at least save money on the wedding. But not if it stays in your bank account.

"Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house." - Rod Stewart

• Like 4

I think humans are A social specises, we don't like being alone. So naturally pair bonding with another human, completly eliminates "loneliness" therefore logic dictates "marriage" is a desired feat. But it doesn't have to be by traditional measures, you can simple "be" with someone and not get married, and achieve the same things. So to summerize I do believe in pair bonding as a way to completly fully live the human experience. I honestly don't believe ANY human that NEVER fully par bonds achieves true fullness. But it doesn't HAVE to be done by the traditional "marriage" way. But of course I say this as a happily married man....

If you wanna do it but i don't think it's important in the sense of like a life necessity that would otherwise negatively effect the quality of your life or anything. Got nothing against em though, in fact i like em, i think they're cute and lovely and cool :) I'm a big one for tradition and rituals and stuff i find, as i get older, there's something....idyllic about them in my minds eyes, weddings, christenings all that mularkey.

Personally speaking? Fuck knows, i think it's one of them things that you know when the situation presents itself, I'm not gonna sit here now, today and go 'yes i would like to get married someday', well...i wouldn't mind but it's more specific than that, i ain't fuckin' just like...it's not a box that i feel needs ticking or anything y'know?

• Like 1

Hehe, I was just joking Mikey :P

I should have married one or two girls I've been with, but hindsight is 20/20 and they interfered with my drinking :shades:

Fuck all the big spend on the wedding though, that's money best spent on a house.

Agreed on weddings. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty big day. But is it worth $20,000 for that day? Hell fucking no. Even if your inlaws want to spend that much on it, I'd be like "can we spend half of that and pocket the rest?" All BS aside, we threw a wedding in our backyard, so I have a pretty good idea on how to throw it as cheap as possible. But counting rings, dresses, food, alcohol, etc, etc it cost us somewhere between 5~7 grand. Which is nothing to sneeze at. But that's about as cheap as you can do it unless you run down to the court house. But as much of a great day that it is, it's still just one day. When I hear about people going broke over it, I just shake my head. Why? Because someone filled your bride to be's head with fairytale nonsense? Getting married is something ADULTS do, so why start out pretending you are a fairy princess? Makes no sense to me. Another thing I think is daft, is that I have went to some weddings (friends and family) where they get married at some high class country club or something, but yet in reality they are two white trash fuckers. I'm like "who you trying to fool? Me or yourself" because you ain't no country club fuckers, you are some cracker barrell motherfuckers.... Get it straight.... :)

• Like 1

Hmmm. If the Mrs. and I were to have a child, I'd want to get married. By some flaws in Dutch law you have stronger rights as a father when you're married.

But to me it adds nothing to our relationship. Doesn't make it better or stronger or anything. It's just a legal thing. It has no special meaning to me and it's not a deeper commitment imo.

Still part of me wants to because I get all mushy about traditional stuff. Plus, it's a great reason to throw a huge-ass party. Oh well, we'll see.

Although it has its legal benefits, marriage to me is a sacrament. It's a lifelong vow to God and to your spouse you don't back out on. I have no particular problem with people that decide to live in a state of perpetual dating, but for me, by not marrying, you are leaving the door open because you have not signed off on a commitment, so to speak. Any human will always think, "What if something happens?" or "What if we grow apart?" or such questions. But when you marry, God's gift of faith to you allows you to face those fears and proceed anyway. That's what I think of when I hear, "So-and-so has been faithful in their marriage for 20 years." It doesn't mean just that they haven't cheated on their spouse. It means that they have a gift of faith from God that, despite fears, distractions, temptations, and challenges, they move on with their vocation of marriage with the deeply rooted belief that in the end, what they are doing is right and bonds their relationship to each other and to God stronger, and will lead to their overall happiness, betterment, and the benefit of the world around them, even if it does not seem to make sense in that moment.

Edited by DirtyDeeds
  • Like 2

What if your spouse turns out to be an arsehole?

At least you've still got god.

Put you right off though, wouldn't it? Last thing you want when the tips getting purple is an earful of Psalms eh? :lol: Not having a pop at no ones relligion or anything so don't take this bad anyone but like, if ones sexual practises were so closely tied to God it wouldn't half throw you off your game :lol:

All that build up, it's the wedding day and you're next up to get your card stamped and then the thought occurs to you...'this ones for God' :lol: *shudders*

What if your spouse turns out to be an arsehole?

At least you've still got god.

Put you right off though, wouldn't it? Last thing you want when the tips getting purple is an earful of Psalms eh? :lol: Not having a pop at no ones relligion or anything so don't take this bad anyone but like, if ones sexual practises were so closely tied to God it wouldn't half throw you off your game :lol:

All that build up, it's the wedding day and you're next up to get your card stamped and then the thought occurs to you...'this ones for God' :lol: *shudders*

God should be present in the bedroom.