Who could replace BFF?

Johnny Depp would be the perfect match with DJ. The next album could be produced by Tim Burton, who would obviously produce the long awaited The General video, the much anticipated final chapter of the epic Axl Rose music video mini series.

• Like 2

They sort came as a duo, they are friends? I had this impression they played together in another band or something.

As far as I know they just entered the picture during the same year. I never thought of them as a duo, but I could be wrong.

Chances are better for Slash to return, before Page or Clapton join GNR.

It would be really sweet if Page, Clapton, and Beck all joined GNR. Axl should go hard after these guys. Even if they had to cut a keyboard player or two in order to cover the cost, this would still be worth it in my estimation.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Frank n Fortus in the band that do DirtyFun?

I thought there was a brain Bucket type connection.

So frank will stay. Why Ron, why!

There's nothing to say Ron won't still be in gnr , let him play the tiny Eastern European clubs or wherever he is and then get back to making money by touring

They sort came as a duo, they are friends? I had this impression they played together in another band or something.

As far as I know they just entered the picture during the same year. I never thought of them as a duo, but I could be wrong.

Chances are better for Slash to return, before Page or Clapton join GNR.

It would be really sweet if Page, Clapton, and Beck all joined GNR. Axl should go hard after these guys. Even if they had to cut a keyboard player or two in order to cover the cost, this would still be worth it in my estimation.
:lol: ok, you fooled me Edited by Free Bird

Guess it will be unknown to me but there's probably a lot of guys. Session guys.

Would you accept Clapton as a Guns guitarist? They'd still need a stylishly talented player to act as his foil- which is where DJ and/or Orianthi come in, but Richard and Eric would make a fluid team especially on the classier numbers. Or maybe just use Clapton in the studio and and go out with an edgier lineup like Ashba, John 5, and Orianthi. Pearl Jam also seems to be on a semi-hiatus in which case Stone Gossard could possibly be auditioned, but he's probably best suited for rhythm duties though I really dig his Green River work.

Johnny Depp would be the perfect match with DJ. The next album could be produced by Tim Burton, who would obviously produce the long awaited The General video, the much anticipated final chapter of the epic Axl Rose music video mini series.

This is the kind of productive shit I love reading. Things like this help move us all forward as fans, as people, as a species. More people should open their minds.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Frank n Fortus in the band that do DirtyFun?

I thought there was a brain Bucket type connection.

So frank will stay. Why Ron, why!

There's nothing to say Ron won't still be in gnr , let him play the tiny Eastern European clubs or wherever he is and then get back to making money by touring

Lol you're delusional if you think that Ron could come back... Axl wouldn't allow him at this point

Ron whine too much and Axl can easily find another shredder somewhere

It's clear that Axl didn't give a shit about his own band now, so when he wants some cash he hire another hired hand

That's all

Edited by Strange Broue

I think Fortus will go to lead and maybe his songs will be played live.

I do think a bluesier guy with chops is who they would want to replace Ron with. Steve Vai would be a straighter swap.

They could come back with a more stripped down band with more synth.

I do think a bluesier guy with chops is who they would want to replace Ron with. Steve Vai would be a straighter swap.

If CD ll contains shredding, he might want to find a guy that can do it justice live and quit 5 years later.

Edited by Rovim

If CD ll contains shredding, he might want to find a guy that can do it justice live and quit 5 years later.

It might not have that much Ron, Fortus semes to talk more about working on it. If Fortus re did a couple solos then maybe there's no shred.

It might not have that much Ron, Fortus semes to talk more about working on it. If Fortus re did a couple solos then maybe there's no shred.

There could be Bucket shred there. There is a lot of Bucket shred on Chinese. I'm not too worried though. Chinese was presented fantastically live, every song was played and most of it was without Bucket.

I trust that Axl will find someone that can cover it properly, but I don't see Axl giving Fortus Bumble's lead position in the band. It would be interesting to hear though.

Edited by Rovim

Bucket is kind of organic shred though. Even I can pick out Rons shred because its so shreddy. Bucket is like robot blues.

I guess right now without Ron they would struggle to tour. Fortus and Dj would have to reimagine or at least cover some of Ron or Bucket solos. These are pros.

Could Dj play the Chi dem solo his way?

He already does TIL?

SOD?

Better? Dj has a remix of it?

Catcher? Might not play it?

To me they aren't the pyrotechnical ones.

So they debut a couple new ones in 2021 at Rio. Fortus graduating to lead.

Edited by wasted

Bucket is kind of organic shred though. Even I can pick out Rons shred because its so shreddy. Bucket is like robot blues.

I guess right now without Ron they would struggle to tour. Fortus and Dj would have to reimagine or at least cover some of Ron or Bucket solos. These are pros.

He already does TIL?

SOD?

Fortus has been in the band for 13 years now. He is a lead guitar player, that's the gig he wanted in Guns originally as we know.

But it's like if Axl has yet to move away from the 3 guitar thing and more technical guitar playing, why would he do it now?

There was no indication that Axl doesn't still view shred as an important element of the sound. He can look at it like it's not good enough with just 2 players. The sound won't be as full live too.

Axl seem to care about that stuff and back then when Bucket joined and Robin came back he said the 3 guitar thing was "obviously the right choice".

He won't just tour with a watered down version of the band if he sees the 3 guitar thing as crucial to the quality of the show and presentation. This is just my guess, but I think it's just gonna be Axl looking for a new guitar player and Fortus getting a chance to maybe do more in the studio and play that live.

He already does TIL?

SOD?

Biggest concerns are Sweet Child O' Mine, You Could Be Mine or Nightrain. They sure need a better lead guitarist than DJ.

Songs like Chinese or Shackler would sound empty without Ron with all the riffs during the verses, his fretless guitar is a big part of the sound.

Richard can handle Catcher.

I think we can say goodbye to If The World, Scraped or There Was A Time. Ron was very important on Better too.

He already does TIL?

SOD?

Fortus has been in the band for 13 years now. He is a lead guitar player, that's the gig he wanted in Guns originally as we know.

But it's like if Axl has yet to move away from the 3 guitar thing and more technical guitar playing, why would he do it now?

There was no indication that Axl doesn't still view shred as an important element of the sound. He can look at it like it's not good enough with just 2 players. The sound won't be as full live too.

Axl seem to care about that stuff and back then when Bucket joined and Robin came back he said the 3 guitar thing was "obviously the right choice".

He won't just tour with a watered down version of the band if he sees the 3 guitar thing as crucial to the quality of the show and presentation. This is just my guess, but I think it's just gonna be Axl looking for a new guitar player and Fortus getting a chance to maybe do more in the studio and play that live.

You're probably right I just can't imagine another Ron coming in who isn't going to get a chance to write and will just be covering Bucket and Rons parts. Seeing as CDII is done I think it must still be 3 guitars similar to sound of CD.

So someone will come in for Ron...For the 2020 tour.

I sort of want that person to be on CD II. So Ron, Bucket, Finck would still be high on my list.

This presents a problem which potentially could be solved by just moving some more Fortus and Dj material in. Trying to get 7 songs which are Axl, Fortus, Dj, Dizzy penned. Then the other half Finck/Bucket songs. Maybe Rons presence isn't so heavy on the new songs. A solo on Atlas might be it. Finck does a solo we've heard about. We know there's some orchestral songs with Beltrami which might take focus off the guitarists other than solos.