Who could replace BFF?

Even though its not "Official" but its obvious that BFF is out or he doesnt wants to do anything related to Axl's band, so IF there is a next tour, who will or who should replace him?

I know this wont happen, but according to me they should kick out Ashba, they should tell Fortus to play the lead and call Izzy or Gilby to play the rhythm

Izzy is always the best choice, Izzy can write songs, Izzy can turn riffs and ideas into songs, Izzy has rhythm, groove and lots of things that these "professional and gifted players" that Axl hired for his band have no idea about.

uj6wql6uy5ehw6lh.jpg?djet1p5k

Gilby is a no choice, he said himself in some interview that he is a lead player like Slash. Obviously he accepted to play rhythm guitar in 1991 so he could be in Guns N Roses, but playing rhythm is not his thing.

Now seriously, I just listened to the new song with this Bumble dude and Scott Weiland, and wow, I really would like to know what Axl was thinking when he hired this guy for the band.

He was probably thinking "shit, Bucket is really not coming back, best find someone to shred his material live so I can still make some money".

I also cant understand how a smart guy like Axl could ever consider hiring a player like this Bucket-whatever to his band.

Axl was inside the best band ever, he was part of the making of this band and the hiring of bucket bumvle and all these professional players make it look like Axl had NO IDEA of WHAT makes a great band. Its like Axl didnt learn anything from it.

Bucket might be Axls Steve Vai from that DLR solo album?

Axl couldn't get Slash to work with him so he had to find somebody else.

Frusciante is the dream but there's more chance of the world getting its priorities sorted out than that, that's the only guy I'll get excited about, then again I'd never heard of Thal and he was a great guy for the band's predicament, just not the band's problem, which is Axl and always will be.

Even though its not "Official" but its obvious that BFF is out or he doesnt wants to do anything related to Axl's band, so IF there is a next tour, who will or who should replace him?

I know this wont happen, but according to me they should kick out Ashba, they should tell Fortus to play the lead and call Izzy or Gilby to play the rhythm

Izzy is always the best choice, Izzy can write songs, Izzy can turn riffs and ideas into songs, Izzy has rhythm, groove and lots of things that these "professional and gifted players" that Axl hired for his band have no idea about.

uj6wql6uy5ehw6lh.jpg?djet1p5k

Gilby is a no choice, he said himself in some interview that he is a lead player like Slash. Obviously he accepted to play rhythm guitar in 1991 so he could be in Guns N Roses, but playing rhythm is not his thing.

Now seriously, I just listened to the new song with this Bumble dude and Scott Weiland, and wow, I really would like to know what Axl was thinking when he hired this guy for the band.

He was probably thinking "shit, Bucket is really not coming back, best find someone to shred his material live so I can still make some money".

I also cant understand how a smart guy like Axl could ever consider hiring a player like this Bucket-whatever to his band.

Axl was inside the best band ever, he was part of the making of this band and the hiring of bucket bumvle and all these professional players make it look like Axl had NO IDEA of WHAT makes a great band. Its like Axl didnt learn anything from it.

Bucket might be Axls Steve Vai from that DLR solo album?

Axl couldn't get Slash to work with him so he had to find somebody else.

I see what you mean with the DLR - Steve Vai analogy but it still doesnt make any sense to me

Steve Vai (please correct me if I am wrong) plays a somewhat similar style to EVH, right? They both shred, right?

And apparently he can write songs, right? There are some nice songs on that DLR record.

Now why Axl would pick a shredder like Bucket who apparently (please correct me if I am wrong) cant write a decent song to save his life?

All the great Axl Rose music from Guns n Roses (Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steven) was about the songs.

It was never about shredding, or about how many notes you can play in a nanosecond, or how much you can shred and show the world how good you are with your instrument, its about the very opposite.

Songs.

The riff to Sweet Child o Mine may be terrific (in my opinion it is magical) but what makes that song one of the best songs ever is not that riff, it is those simple chords played to a terrific groove with Axl singing unbelievable melodies on top of it.

Slashs riff and specially the solo :headbang: are magical but (please correct me if I am wrong) they are not the core of the song. They are the icing on the cake.

What I am saying is that Axl choosing these guys (who can shred but cant write great songs) to play with him pretty much shows that he didnt notice any of that.

Izzy wrote the cords I think. Yeah I don't think that magic happens very often. That's our folly.

It seemed to happen on Nov Rain for Axl on UYI.

I guess Better is as close as you get on CD.

I don't know if Vai wrote the songs, Dave must have written some.

Edited by wasted

Fortus, Finck and Dj isn't so bad for touring.

If Izzy can be arsed then bring him back. Fortus goes to lead. Get a few more Izzy songs in the show.

Other option. Axl goes to rhythm guitar and Dj and Fortus go wide for the long balls.

Edited by wasted

If Izzy can be arsed then bring him back. Fortus goes to lead. Get a few more Izzy songs in the show.

Other option. Axl goes to rhythm guitar and Dj and Fortus go wide for the long balls.

I wouldn't put it past bumble to play with gnr again, he's doing solo stuff and guns are doing nothing this year, 2016 what's to stop the current lineup continuing

I wouldn't put it past bumble to play with gnr again, he's doing solo stuff and guns are doing nothing this year, 2016 what's to stop the current lineup continuing
Nothing. But this is the who could replace Bumble thread?

And my opinion is that he may not need replacing at all , carry on as the current lineup or go with just Fortus and DJ

And my opinion is that he may not need replacing at all , carry on as the current lineup or go with just Fortus and DJ
Fortus n Dj seems possible. Bands do tour with just the 2 guitarists.

Playing just Chi dem, Sod, Better, TIL doesn't really need 3 guitarists?

True, could DJ and Fortus manage TWAT and maddy , for me both should be in every show

True, could DJ and Fortus manage TWAT and maddy , for me both should be in every show
They aren't but maybe Fortus could pick up the slack. I'm thinking there will be Fortus new song on next tour and maybe even a new Dj song.

Fortus and DJ are already doing all the leads on Madagascar. Of course Richard can pull of There Was A Time, but without the tapping and shit.

Check out his solo on the AFD bluray, Fortus does some serious Bumblefoot shit. That man can shred it if he wants too. Incredibly diverse player.

• Like 1

Fortus and DJ are already doing all the leads on Madagascar. Of course Richard can pull of There Was A Time, but without the tapping and shit.

Check out his solo on the AFD bluray, Fortus does some serious Bumblefoot shit. That man can shred it if he wants too. Incredibly diverse player.

Richard always shreds on full scales, it's a bit redundant. I like the fact that he plays some chicken picking like Brent Hinds, I like it. But I never see him do tapping.

Anyway, GNR never was about tapping and shredding, I have no doubt he can be the lead guitarist.

So really GNR could just get another rythmn player to tour. Or no one else. Id like a sax player or a couple of dancers from Vegas.

Izzy on rhythm , Fortus and dj on lead
The perfect band to make Sticky Fingers meets LA Woman produced by Ross Robinson.

To the topic: Hopefully not Fink. He seams to be a nice guy but I've never liked him as a guitar player. He's got some great parts on Chinese but his interpretation of the classic Guns tunes is really painfull too my ears and since this will be his main job I don't think he's the right guy.