Who could replace BFF?

Assuming that the current band isn't completely dead in the water and Axl intends to regroup at some stage without Ron Thal, do you think he still thinks it's a necessity to have a virtuosic shredder in the band?

If Axl had any sense, he would realise that there's really very little Richard Fortus can't do and there'd be far more value in bringing Robin Finck back than just hiring another shredder who won't contribute anything creative or original with the band.

Hopefully Axl realises this and gives Finck a call. I think what he needs to remember about these guitar nerd virtuosos is that they didn't spend 12 hours a day playing with a metronome only to spend their days playing the half of the SCOM solo that DJ can't handle.

Edited by Towelie

If Axl had any sense, he would realise that there's really very little Richard Fortus can't do and there'd be far more value in bringing Robin Finck back than just hiring another shredder who won't contribute anything creative or original with the band.

If Axl would have any sense, he'd actually allow them to contribute. It's not as though they refused to lol.

You need one yeah if you're going to play 'newer stuff' (shacklers for example)

Could DJ and Fortus do there was a time and estranged ?

Sensible thing is robin finck but he's a bit hit n miss live

If Axl tours again one day, which I really doubt, he'll probably drop more CD tracks. He's been doing this since its release. This tour would not include new songs because Axl will not release new music again so the setlist probably wouldn't include any BH material. Ron Thal never recorded anything with Axl (except for his pointless CD crap) so, no problem there.

GNR doesn't need a virtuoso but this is not GNR, it's Axl's band. So he can do whatever he wants (even calling it GNR lol). The old songs created by real GNR surely don't need any shredding, although BH did a good job covering them.

Oh, I doubt Robin would ever comeback to Axl's band. He did a great job, he is an awesome musician but I don't believe GNR was ever his cup of tea.

Edited by maynard

If Axl tours again one day, which I really doubt, he'll probably drop more CD tracks. He's been doing this since its release. This tour would not include new songs because Axl will not release new music again so the setlist probably wouldn't include any BH material. Ron Thal never recorded anything with Axl (except for his pointless CD crap) so, no problem there.

GNR doesn't need a virtuoso but this is not GNR, it's Axl's band. So he can do whatever he wants (even calling it GNR lol). The old songs created by real GNR surely don't need any shredding, although BH did a good job covering them.

Oh, I doubt Robin would ever comeback to Axl's band. He did a great job, he is an awesome musician but I don't believe GNR was ever his cup of tea.

Ron also played on Catcher, Shacklers, Riad and the insane runs on Better.

Ron also played on Catcher, Shacklers, Riad and the insane runs on Better.

Like I said, pointless crap.

• Like 1

Could the band only do This I Love, Madagascar and Street Of Dreams live? If the next step is to be a "down to earth", two raw guitars band.

But I guess Axl still want sto perform Better or Chinese, and they might be a shit load of BH/BBF with the new songs.