Just met Duff at his first book signing. Cannot tell you just how much of a cool and laid-back class act he is. I was there with my wife and my 2yr old daughter whom he held for a picture. Funniest moment is when he looked at my wife and said , " are you sure you trust me with your child??" I refrain from asking anything relating to a reunion because I heard a lot of people ask him that I just heard him say that it would be great but it wasn't up to him. For those of you that haven't met him yet I highly recommend getting to one of the signings.

• Like 2

Cool. Id love to ask him if they could release the sessions they had with Izzy on the Project (pre-VR). Slash has said that they had like 10 or 15 songs and that it was the best instrumental GNR record ever. Id love to listen to those songs!

i was there as well, Duff was awesome as always...i heard ppl asl him about gnr too, i get that people would love a reunion but it's gotta get so old esp when multiple ppl ask him that same question at a signing like this. i chose to ask him about Loaded

If I had the opportunity to ask him a question, it would not be about a reunion, but probably more of how to stay motivated and hungry while being in college in the field of business. Duff is awesome. Most likely, he is the guy that inspired me to go back to college and get invested into the field of business.

• Like 3

I'm glad that you have a good time HollyWoodRose84 :headbang:

i was there as well, Duff was awesome as always...i heard ppl asl him about gnr too, i get that people would love a reunion but it's gotta get so old esp when multiple ppl ask him that same question at a signing like this. i chose to ask him about Loaded

If I had the opportunity to ask him a question, it would not be about a reunion, but probably more of how to stay motivated and hungry while being in college in the field of business. Duff is awesome. Most likely, he is the guy that inspired me to go back to college and get invested into the field of business.

Hey, this is also cool, man
You are the first one that i hear Duff inspired him in the field of business
Yeah and also agree with maynard, Duff is the coolest Gunner off all of them

I've met lots and lots of celebrities, especially with my line of work and I always try to come off acting not like a "fan." At the end of the day there just human beings exactly like us and I find that the more you treat them like a "normal" person the more pleasant the experience will be. I had a similar experience with Billy Joel a number of years ago who is normally a complete dick to everyone but was cool when I met him. He did however get mad when I wouldn't have a drink with him lol.

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

...Aaaaaannnndddd?

what did h say?

I am traveling for work today and had to miss the signing. I am very disappointed about it.

I met Slash last Thursday when he came into my office before his NYC show. He signed my AFD vinyl which was amazing. I am getting it framed.

Yeah, Duff looks cool and laid back! I think that's how he goes through life and that's great!

Glad you got a chance to meet him with your family. I've met a few rock stars and everyone of them was super cool! I love when you meet someone you admire and they turn out to be such nice super cool people. :)

• Like 1

Personality-wise, Duff is my hero! Of all the people I could have chosen: MLK, Gandhi... I've chosen the this bass player as my hero!

I always read his first book when I need a boost or just a laugh. I love how he turned his life around dramatically.

Ill be honest. I don't give a fuck if Slash ever played with gnr. Id be happy with the current lineup with duff on bass. He's nice and really down to earth.

yes because that's why I listen to music. because the players are "nice and really down to earth."

Saw Duff a couple of years ago with Walking Papers in Grimsby! He signed my Loaded t-shirt and ticket - he was really cool (although the photo quality was is really bad!!) :)

5fptky.jpg

Edited by AndyM