Death Penalty for Boston Bomber

BangoSkank

I think that in clear cut cases like this the death penalty is fine.

Locking him up just costs the taxpayer money, prisons are overcrowded and there's no rehabilitation for someone like this...fuck him.

More money will probably be spent on appeals, though, as Georgy pointed out.

Appeals are much more expensive than a life sentence. Lawyer and courtroom fees. It actually saves tax payer money if they just lock him up and throw away the key.

In general, a life sentence w/o parole is cheaper than the death penalty, as unimaginable as that may sound.

There are also benefits to keeping him alive and psychologically evaluating him to see if we can learn anything about terrorists, potential terrorists, sociopaths, etc. The death penalty is just man's blood lust and desire for revenge coming out in governmental form.

Honestly, I don't think this kid knows anything. Though I agree he should be studied, I mean why would he just throw his life away? Did he think he was going to flunk out so becoming a terrorist is like a better option?

Oh yeah, I'm not saying question him and see if he knows anything about other terrorists ala Guantanamo, but we could get some insight into how his mind works that may help us recognize those traits in other people. Might help us identify potential terrorists before they can act.

But yeah, really good point. He seems like just a simple sociopath (i.e. - a human being with zero emotion or empathy for others). Another reason not to kill him, we ought to know about people like that.

I hope we're at least able to find out why, in his words, he did it. From the looks of it he just wanted to see people suffer.

• Like 1

I saw the prison he would have gone if he had gotten life.

No sunlilght. 23 hours in your cell alone. I think this would have been a better punishment for him. Now he'll become a martyr to his crazy other terrorist partners.

I think the life sentence would have made him suffer more and more each day of his life until he prayed for death.

I saw the prison he would have gone if he had gotten life.

No sunlilght. 23 hours in your cell alone. I think this would have been a better punishment for him. Now he'll become a martyr to his crazy other terrorist partners.

I think the life sentence would have made him suffer more and more each day of his life until he prayed for death.

Again, he has no connections.

Let's maximize suffering for the sake of humanity.

Why not? How else do you punish someone that killed many and intended to kill many more? I'm personally not in favour of the death penalty or torture so how else do you drive home the point of "you fucked up big time, this is what you get"?

Why not? How else do you punish someone that killed many and intended to kill many more? I'm personally not in favour of the death penalty or torture so how else do you drive home the point of "you fucked up big time, this is what you get"?
Because the message you are sending out is identical to that of the sort of person you are condemnings mentality.

Killers, murderers, they do what they do for a sense of power or a response to a lack of power (or sexual gratification), you are effectively validating their thought processes with this idea of killing them for your personal sense of justice.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

I'm sure he wouldn't have done what he did if he knew he'd get the death penalty? :lol:

Because the message you are sending out is identical to that of the sort of person you are condemnings mentality.

Killers, murderers, they do what they do for a sense of power or a response to a lack of power (or sexual gratification), you are effectively validating their thought processes with this idea of killing them for your personal sense of justice.

I'm talking locking them up for life in solitary, not killing them.

Alright well substitute that shit for maximising suffering, the principle still applies. The idea is you detain them, keep them away from society cuz they're a danger to em, pulling their toenails off and bumming them with rolling pins is just gratuitous young man.

Thing is, humanity is supposed to evolve in the long run.

Torturing people, no matter how evil they are, accomplishes nothing towards that goal.

On the other hand, there is no reason for risking other innocent lives by releasing mass murderers.

So basically you have the choice between killing them ( think of our evolution in the long run : not good ) or keeping them locked in a cell without gratuitously humiliating them ( once again, money is nothing compared to the importance of evolving as a species in my opinion ).

• Like 2

I really don't understand the revenge attitude by people not directly affected. Death penalty in 2015, seriously? Personal feelings by the affected and an emotional response escalating to murder; understandable at the heat of the moment but not right. Revenge all the way up to murder by state/government.. just plain wrong. Logical and humane response by society in such case would be to prevent the person from doing such ever again by putting him in a quarantine, nothing more.

Sounds more like satisfying sick individuals' needs.. torture, make him suffer, good riddance... are you masturbating there?

• Like 1

Alright well substitute that shit for maximising suffering, the principle still applies. The idea is you detain them, keep them away from society cuz they're a danger to em, pulling their toenails off and bumming them with rolling pins is just gratuitous young man.
So no one should be punished for a heinous crime?

I've no problem with the bumming with a rolling pin angle.

With splinters? :lol:

I really don't understand the revenge attitude by people not directly affected. Death penalty in 2015, seriously? Personal feelings by the affected and an emotional response escalating to murder; understandable at the heat of the moment but not right. Revenge all the way up to murder by state/government.. just plain wrong. Logical and humane response by society in such case would be to prevent the person from doing such ever again by putting him in a quarantine, nothing more.

Sounds more like satisfying sick individuals' needs.. torture, make him suffer, good riddance... are you masturbating there?

Yeah... let's put him in quarantine, never see or Interact with another human being, raped by other inmates... Bubba. That definetely doesn't sound like a torture to me. Totally humane. Why not just kill him? It's not like he's gonna have his life back anyways. That's what life in jail means.

Just spare me of your PC sermon, kid. Have you ever faced real violence? you know, having a gun pointed at ya? Seeing the guy on the other side doesn't give a damn about what's gonna happen? Just curious.

You say murder, I call it justice, Murder is what he did, you know killing innocent people and stuff, he's not innocent, therefore he's not being murdered he's being executed and he brought that upon himself. period.

You see, I've used this example a many times before but... here in Brazil we have this guy, Fernandinho Beira-mar he's a murder, drug dealer... well, a lot of stuff and he was sent to prison and guess what? he's still giving orders from them, sending his partners to kill people. In order words a quarantine that is not working and we've tried sending him to every high security prison in here. Don't you think it would have been more simple if we just killed him back when he was caught? He wouldn't have ordered as many murders as he did.

BTW, you were making fun of "good riddance", but then asks me if am masturbating? Grow the hell up. Seriously.

Yeah... let's put him in quarantine, never see or Interact with another human being, raped by other inmates... Bubba. That definetely doesn't sound like a torture to me. Totally humane. Why not just kill him? It's not like he's gonna have his life back anyways. That's what life in jail means.

Just spare me of your PC sermon, kid. Have you ever faced real violence? you know, having a gun pointed at ya? Seeing the guy on the other side doesn't give a damn about what's gonna happen? Just curious.

You say murder, I call it justice, Murder is what he did, you know killing innocent people and stuff, he's not innocent, therefore he's not being murdered he's being executed and he brought that upon himself. period.

You see, I've used this example a many times before but... here in Brazil we have this guy, Fernandinho Beira-mar he's a murder, drug dealer... well, a lot of stuff and he was sent to prison and guess what? he's still giving orders from them, sending his partners to kill people. In order words a quarantine that is not working and we've tried sending him to every high security prison in here. Don't you think it would have been more simple if we just killed him back when he was caught? He wouldn't have ordered as many murders as he did.

BTW, you were making fun of "good riddance", but then asks me if am masturbating? Grow the hell up. Seriously.

Dear Chewbacca,

What I meant by by putting him quarantine was to lock him up away from being able to do what he did. If he wants to die he can do that himself you know..

You're calling me kid cause I don't agree with your "just kill him" mentality, really? PC sermon :lol:. What I said has nothing to do with what's politically correct, it was about humanity.. there's a difference between those two you know (do you?).

As for your question if I have faced real violence the answer is: yes. My personal feelings in such situations have been really below the moral code I except a body of a government to have.. Do you want government to act emotionally?

I wasn't talking about you masturbating, it was a comment about everyone who still thinks that way, "good riddance", "booyah", kill him!!", "torture!", "bring Bubba!!". There was a point to it too you know.. Why do you want to have someone killed who poses or ever did any threat to you? Other than some kind of sick satisfaction from knowing someone's getting killed.. what's in it for you? It's funny and sad that you were so offended by that. Maybe that comment really hit home?

He's not innocent?! Really? Whoah, I totally didn't know that :lol:.

The problems Brazil is dealing with aren't something that can be solved with killing people.. Harsher punishments don't lead to lesser crime you know :o.

59v4fd.jpg

Edited by Is0tope

Dear Chewbacca,

What I meant by by putting him quarantine was to lock him up away from being able to do what he did. If he wants to die he can do that himself you know..

You're calling me kid cause I don't agree with your "just kill him" mentality, really? PC sermon :lol:. What I said has nothing to do with what's politically correct, it was about humanity.. there's a difference between those two you know (do you?).

As for your question if I have faced real violence the answer is: yes. My personal feelings in such situations have been really below the moral code I except a body of a government to have.. Do you want government to act emotionally?

I wasn't talking about you masturbating, it was a comment about everyone who still thinks that way, "good riddance", "booyah", kill him!!", "torture!", "bring Bubba!!". There was a point to it too you know.. Why do you want to have someone killed who poses or ever did any threat to you? Other than some kind of sick satisfaction from knowing someone's getting killed.. what's in it for you? It's funny and sad that you were so offended by that. Maybe that comment really hit home?

The problems Brazil is dealing with aren't something that can be solved with killing people.. Harsher punishments don't lead to lesser crime you know :o.

59v4fd.jpg

I didn't ask you what you meant with quarantine, I was asking how locking a guy up for his entire life in an enviroment that will likely have him raped, humiliated or worse is not a form of torture and how is it a "humane" solution? It is not, you're just wasting resources to keep a cold blood killer alive inside a cage for the rest of his life with the very same conclusion: death (in fact a quick death seems to have a tad more "humanity" to it than a life in prison). What's the point? Fake mercy? Why a coldblood killer deserves it anyway? Please don't tell me it is beacuse he's still a human, not after killing someone (cold blood assassination, of course).

What do you mean by he can kill himself? Like prison drove him mad and he suicided? How is that humane? Not a form of torture? Really?

The government is not acting emotionally, what a stupid concept you came up with, btw, he faced trial and was deemed guilty and paid for his action accordingly. That is your idea of "emotional action"? :lol:

Why do I want someone that poses a threat to me or the people I care about dead (no torturing, why dou think I support torture, btw?)? Because he can still do harm even in prison, just like Beira-Mar, talking about him... so, you don't think that harsher punishment will work, ok. What should we do then? Bear in mind that the same idiots that want more "humanity" in prisons by banning death penalty are the same idiots that think criminals shouldn't live as prisioners, therefore they should always be allowed to be visited by their parentes and friends in privacy (cuz not allowing it would be a harsher punishment, right?), which is how he repasses his orders to his crew. What's your solution then?

Btw, I'm well aware that PC and humanity are not the same thing, but what you said was pretty much PC stuff.

Edited by Chewbacca

Dear Chewbacca,

59v4fd.jpg

I really like you sir, please continue your life as you are :)

• Like 1