10 Worst GNR Songs (Houston Press Article)

You people are funny.

How DARE somebody have a different opinion than you about a song.

This guy is 100% correct with his list.

Because it is a list of what HE FEELS are the 10 worst songs. The 10 songs that he PERSONALLY doesn't like.

If every member on here put their top 10 worst song list up there probably wouldn't be one exact match. Does that mean every single person is wrong?

SMH. Telling somebody their personal preference is wrong.

Technically you're right, but let's put that to the acid test...

The ten worst Guns N Roses songs are:

10. You Could Be Mine

9. Locomotive

8. Nightrain

7. Sweet Child O Mine

6. Don't Cry

5. Patience

4. November Rain

3. Paradise City

2. Estranged

1. Welcome To The Jungle

How is that not wrong? :lol:

It isn't wrong because it's your own personal preference.

It's no different than somebody telling you that you are wrong if you tell them a type of food you don't like.

Personal preference is never wrong. Just because you have a different personal preference doesn't make you right and them wrong.

No top 10 or worst 10 list would ever get 100% agreement on this forum. So that would mean every single person on this forum is wrong. How is that possible?

Well I can't really argue against your logic there Boss...but I want to :P

• Like 1

I like My World.

The demo version of OIAM is a lot better than the album cut, but I dig both versions.

Back Off Bitch is fun if you don't it take too seriously.

The songs that bore me are the Arkeen/James UYI tracks, The Garden, Garden of Eden, Yesterdays, etc. But hey, those songs have their fans, too, so to each their own.

Shotgun Blues is just objectively awful, though :lol:

I don't see You're Crazy going acoustic made it lose "balls". If anything the stripped down sound gives it a mean, in your face, type of feel. And I love the vocals on it.

If you're going to put an AFD song on there, I have no clue how you include My Michelle over Anything Goes or Think About You. That's just silly.

You're Crazy acoustic was used in Gone Baby Gone or Mystic River it sounded awesome.

Must'vee been Gone Baby Gone, I saw Mystic River and don't remember any GNR.

Now I love the AFD version too. But that acoustic version just makes it more immediate and personal.

Plus that beat is just nasty on those acoustic guitars.

You people are funny.

Because it is a list of what HE FEELS are the 10 worst songs. The 10 songs that he PERSONALLY doesn't like.

If every member on here put their top 10 worst song list up there probably wouldn't be one exact match. Does that mean every single person is wrong?

10. You Could Be Mine

9. Locomotive

8. Nightrain

7. Sweet Child O Mine

6. Don't Cry

5. Patience

4. November Rain

3. Paradise City

2. Estranged

1. Welcome To The Jungle

Out of those, I can really only listen to Nightrain and Locomotive and enjoy them. The rest will never get a listen from me, maybe ever again.

But if I had to pick a worst 10, and my list would be correct!!!, it would be....

Dust N' Bones

Coma

Bad Apples

Garden Of Eden

Shotgun Blues

Get In The Ring

Right Next Door To Hell

Double Talkin' Jive

Anything Goes

Out Ta Get Me

I don't see You're Crazy going acoustic made it lose "balls". If anything the stripped down sound gives it a mean, in your face, type of feel. And I love the vocals on it.

If you're going to put an AFD song on there, I have no clue how you include My Michelle over Anything Goes or Think About You. That's just silly.

You're Crazy acoustic was used in Gone Baby Gone or Mystic River it sounded awesome.

Must'vee been Gone Baby Gone, I saw Mystic River and don't remember any GNR.

Now I love the AFD version too. But that acoustic version just makes it more immediate and personal.

Plus that beat is just nasty on those acoustic guitars.

It's definitely better. AFD version seems a bit lite.

Gone Baby Gone when he goes into bar looking for info.

That list is a pile of shite, here's list of songs I could go a lifetime without hearing again. Although, I do put on My World from time to time but it's usually for a bit of a joke.

1. My world

2. Silkworms

3. Oh My God

4. Shotgun Blues

5. Coma

6. Riad N' The Bedouins

7. Get In The Ring

8. So Fine

9. One In A Million

10. Scraped

You people are funny.

10. You Could Be Mine

9. Locomotive

8. Nightrain

7. Sweet Child O Mine

6. Don't Cry

5. Patience

4. November Rain

3. Paradise City

2. Estranged

1. Welcome To The Jungle

That would mean you hate the majority of the bands biggest songs and the main portion of the set-list. You could be joking for all I know though. If It isn't a joke, do you hate these songs in particular because they are overplayed or is it because you actually never liked them? because I don't know of any GnR fan that didn't like Sweet child, Jungle, Nightrain, YCBM and Paradise City upon hearing them for the first time. Let's not get mixed up with worst songs and most over exposed songs.

If your list was about most over played GnR songs I would almost agree, with the exceptions of Estranged and Locomotive

You people are funny.

10. You Could Be Mine

9. Locomotive

8. Nightrain

7. Sweet Child O Mine

6. Don't Cry

5. Patience

4. November Rain

3. Paradise City

2. Estranged

1. Welcome To The Jungle

It isn't wrong because it's your own personal preference.

It's no different than somebody telling you that you are wrong if you tell them a type of food you don't like.

Personal preference is never wrong. Just because you have a different personal preference doesn't make you right and them wrong.

No top 10 or worst 10 list would ever get 100% agreement on this forum. So that would mean every single person on this forum is wrong. How is that possible?

No no, Dr. Doom is definitely wrong :lol:

• Like 1

10. You Could Be Mine

9. Locomotive

8. Nightrain

7. Sweet Child O Mine

6. Don't Cry

5. Patience

4. November Rain

3. Paradise City

2. Estranged

1. Welcome To The Jungle

That would mean you hate the majority of the bands biggest songs and the main portion of the set-list. You could be joking for all I know though. If It isn't a joke, do you hate these songs in particular because they are overplayed or is it because you actually never liked them? because I don't know of any GnR fan that didn't like Sweet child, Jungle, Nightrain, YCBM and Paradise City upon hearing them for the first time. Let's not get mixed up with worst songs and most over exposed songs.

If your list was about most over played GnR songs I would almost agree, with the exceptions of Estranged and Locomotive

Haha, I posted that list to try and "disprove" Apollo- if you check page one I posted what I actually consider their 10 worst/weakest songs are:

I think their worst 10 are:

My World

Get In The Ring

Shotgun Blues

So Fine

Back Off Bitch

Garden Of Eden

Bad Apples

Dead Horse

Think About You

Move To The City

10. You Could Be Mine

9. Locomotive

8. Nightrain

7. Sweet Child O Mine

6. Don't Cry

5. Patience

4. November Rain

3. Paradise City

2. Estranged

1. Welcome To The Jungle

Haha, I posted that list to try and "disprove" Apollo- if you check page one I posted what I actually consider their 10 worst/weakest songs are:

I think their worst 10 are:

My World

Get In The Ring

Shotgun Blues

So Fine

Back Off Bitch

Garden Of Eden

Bad Apples

Dead Horse

Think About You

Move To The City

I know, bro. I knew you were just messing around.

I'm just pointing out the obvious. Telling somebody their personal preference is "wrong" is just asinine.

How can silkworms be listed ? We've never heard the finished studio track

Least fav 10 are

Right next door to hell

Catcher

Shotgun blues

Garden of Eden

Scraped

I don't care about you (worst song on TSI)

14 years

Dust n bones

So fine

And I'll get hammered for this but , coma......I can't be arsed to listen to it all

I can name 14 very bad GNR songs. You might not consider them GnR songs though.

Do you seriously think all of them are bad?

Bad songs on CD , scraped, catcher and riad

People who are stuck in 1991 can't see that parts of chinese would easily fit onto the illusions albums

• Like 1

I only listen to Paradise City and YCBM of the old stuff. I dip into CD all the time. Have a 36 song Izzy playlist. Partly Cloudy blows my mind every day.

Shuffle us all is one of my all time favorite songs.
I found another one like it called Everything's Alright. It's on Miami.

Time Gone By is kind of classic. Could have been another Patience type song for GNR.

Like a Dog has some good ones like Chop Away.

A reunion record could be their Sticky Fingers. An Izzy Stradlin album with gloss and solos added by Slash with an Axl epic.