New Bumblefoot interview with The SDRshow "Chinese Democracy is very unique"

Lot of GN'R talks about pissed off fans, Axl Rose and his helicopter story, Chinese Democracy, old members and being an old member as well, playing Don't Cry in Rock In Rio Lisbon, Joe Satriani and more. Plus producing the new Art Of Anarchy and working with Scott Weiland. Who are the last rockstars (Korn/Manson/Axl/Weiland), Little Brother Is Watching...

It's a great interview that begins at 11:20.

http://www.thesdrshow.com/show-54-bbq-with-bumblefoot-guitarist-of-gnr/

Edited by Silent Jay

Listening now. Not much in the way of substance so far. The host started to tell a story about Axl being late to a gig which Bumble laughed off, then said he didn't want to piss off GN'R fans. Now they're talking about how he got in the band again, including the 2004 story.

Did he say whether he thought it was much complex?

He did say Chinese Democracy is "interesting", so I'll translate that as "complex" haha.

Nothing much through the rest of it. They brought up AoA and asked if they'd tour. He just referenced all the Scott stories online and said he wouldn't comment further.

He did say Chinese Democracy is "interesting", so I'll translate that as "complex" haha.

Nothing much through the rest of it. They brought up AoA and asked if they'd tour. He just referenced all the Scott stories online and said he wouldn't comment further.

Why is he so sorta political with his answers all the time? I say "sorta" because it's always pretty clear what he's thinking or feeling, but he rarely just comes out and says it. Did he go to the Slash School of Passive-Aggressiveness?

• Like 1

Why is he so sorta political with his answers all the time? I say "sorta" because it's always pretty clear what he's thinking or feeling, but he rarely just comes out and says it. Did he go to the Slash School of Passive-Aggressiveness?

I think it's all down to not wanting to deal with 1000's of emails, facebook messages, tweets etc. from GnR fans that get upset every time he tries to honestly answer a question. It's just easier not answering the questions at this stage.

What's abundantly clear is that he is no longer in Guns N' Roses. So GnR you can blame the delay of the new album on Bumble any time... now. I do like that he doesn't "throw anyone under the bus", too many players leave bands and then do these tell all interviews, it's much juicier to read the dirt sheets but I don't think we need any more ammunition against Axl and It's just way more professional to discuss that stuff in private. Now! if they (GnR ) do fire shots at Bumble (which I doubt) I'd be interested to hear his rebuttal especially if he talked about the genius managers.

I think it's all down to not wanting to deal with 1000's of emails, facebook messages, tweets etc. from GnR fans that get upset every time he tries to honestly answer a question. It's just easier not answering the questions at this stage.

What's abundantly clear is that he is no longer in Guns N' Roses. So GnR you can blame the delay of the new album on Bumble any time... now. I do like that he doesn't "throw anyone under the bus", too many players leave bands and then do these tell all interviews, it's much juicier to read the dirt sheets but I don't think we need any more ammunition against Axl and It's just way more professional to discuss that stuff in private. Now! if they (GnR ) do fire shots at Bumble (which I doubt) I'd be interested to hear his rebuttal especially if he talked about the genius managers.

I hear ya with all that, but I'm talking about the AoA answer too. I didn't listen to it myself of course :lol: , so I'm going by what people are saying here, but why not just say there won't be any AoA shows if that's the case? Why slyly allude to Scott's antics and say you're leaving it at that? I mean, we're talking BBF here. These aren't state secrets and he's hardly a megastar who needs to worry about bad publicity.

I'm really not trying to shit on the guy. God bless him for putting up with Axl and TB for as long as he did. I just don't entirely understand some of the coy behavior in interviews.

Edited by magisme

I hear ya with all that, but I'm talking about the AoA answer too. I didn't listen to it myself of rcouse :lol: , so I'm going by what people are saying here, but why not just say there won't be any AoA shows if that's the case? Why slyly allude to Scott's antics and say you're leaving it at that? I mean, we're talking BBF here. These aren't state secrets and he's hardly a megastar who needs to worry about bad publicity.

I'm really not trying to shit on the guy. God bless him for putting up with Axl and TB for as long as he did. I just don't entirely understand some of the coy behavior in interviews.

You don't want to get a reputation as someone who bitches about their collaborators if you want to collaborate again, so Bumble keeps his mouth shut re: Axl and Weiland's antics. Not worth endangering future career commenting on the bleedingly obvious. Fair play to him, like you said we all know the answers anyway.

• Like 2

I hear ya with all that, but I'm talking about the AoA answer too. I didn't listen to it myself of course :lol: , so I'm going by what people are saying here, but why not just say there won't be any AoA shows if that's the case? Why slyly allude to Scott's antics and say you're leaving it at that? I mean, we're talking BBF here. These aren't state secrets and he's hardly a megastar who needs to worry about bad publicity.

I think the AoA thing is about Scott still being a partner in the band, and that Bumble and co are not sure whether there's going to be legal wranglings. So! if Bumble or any of the other guys shoot their mouths off about Scott It could come back in their face. Also, I think Bumble and co want to live under the radar for a while, if he says anything about Scott it's going to be a blabbermouth headline and the last thing this relatively new band needs is another negative story. The whole any press is good press thing may be true, lots of people know of the band now, but lots of people think it's a pretty fragile thing. Maybe the guys want people to forget about the early hiccups and just focus on the record... not going to happen, people want sensational stories and bickering not music.

Not sure what he was thinking when he jumped into bed with Scott but I'm sure he's regretted it several times over by now.

Is that more praise for Chinese Democracy I sense?

No, I took his description of "interesting" as more of a dig. Quite surprised Bumble didn't give the album praise. He left it at "interesting" which is the classic for way to describe something you don't like but don't want to bash.

I think it's all down to not wanting to deal with 1000's of emails, facebook messages, tweets etc. from GnR fans

1000s? Let's be honest, it's more like 10s at this point.

No, I took his description of "interesting" as more of a dig. Quite surprised Bumble didn't give the album praise. He left it at "interesting" which is the classic for way to describe something you don't like but don't want to bash.

He could have at least said Its a 1000's times better than his solo album, but self promotion doesn't work like that.

Edited by wkuk04

He could have at least said Its a 1000's times better than his solo album, but self promotion doesn't work like that.

Yeah Ron should stop making music, he should stop touring, he should just bend over for Axl and do what Axl says, like give me a break man

• Like 2

Yeah, fuck Ron for writing and releasing new music! Fuck him for being fan-friendly! Fuck him for wanting to write stuff for Guns! Fuck him for playing with Guns while in pain! Fuck him for wanting to help Guns to take the next step! Fuck Ron!

• Like 2

Ron didn't write CD so he's got a weird relationship to it. He really helped finish and promote it, tour it.

Whether he praises it or down plays it he's fucked. This is GNR after all.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

I'm having trouble coming up with a proper analogy, but it is tough to ask Ron what he thinks of CD and fairly expect a complete honest answer. He doesn't really have a right to be overly critical of it from the perspective of a band member, and if he says anything bad about it regardless, potential collaborators see him shitting on people he works with. Ron is a session player, and guns was the world's biggest session job. Session work is about reputation, relationships, and people skills. Good taste dictates against shitting on an album you recorded on but didn't write.

Ron didn't write CD so he's got a weird relationship to it. He really helped finish and promote it, tour it.

Your posts are starting to worry me. They're lucid and direct to the point that I'm scared you've quit drinking.

Your posts are starting to worry me. They're lucid and direct to the point that I'm scared you've quit drinking.
Never say never.
  • Like 1