Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' - Official Trailer

Słash

The new movie has all the original Latin American dubbing, such as Mario Castañeda as Goku, René García as Vegeta, Carlos Segundo as Piccolo, etc. I agree that the last movie was shit, but my brother saw this one and he told me that it is "much better" than Battle of Gods. I'll watch it this week, you should check it out too! Atleast Freezer is back :)

I didn't know, but I just found the trailer on the net, which sort of confirms what I thought years ago. I mean, I felt that with the years, Mario Castañeda lost the power of his original Goku voice. The others (René, Carlos, Eduardo, Laura, Patricia), however, sound exactly as in the past, and that - for nostalgic reasons - is awesome. :heart:

Tell me, is it true that Laura was not cast as Gohan for Battle of Gods but she was for this new movie?

I know GT gets a lot of hate amongst people who only really remember Z, but I honestly felt the last episode of it was a fitting end to the series and Goku.

I thought the same when I was 16. I re-watched DBGT a year ago, and found the entire series pointless.

Yup, that thing about Laura Torres is true. She does Goten's voice, not Gohan's :P

Goten does not appear in the new movie, anyway. But Laura Torres does speak as another character or something, but i dont know who or what.

Hopefully there's a lack of Krillun, Yamcha, Yajirobe, Tien and Chiaotzu the filler characters who's only purposes during Z is to show up and die until Goku shows up most of the time.

I started a Kai rewatch, using Subs, not the dubbed version. Krillun is one of the most annoying anime characters ever in the early seasons. Even in shorted form, there's a 12 minute scene in which Goku essentially tries to get Gohan/Krillun to piss off so he can fight Vegeta. Krillun though stalls, makes serious face and repeatedly asks are you sure Goku?

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully there's a lack of Krillun, Yamcha, Yajirobe, Tien and Chiaotzu the filler characters who's only purposes during Z is to show up and die until Goku shows up most of the time.

I started a Kai rewatch, using Subs, not the dubbed version. Krillun is one of the most annoying anime characters ever in the early seasons. Even in shorted form, there's a 12 minute scene in which Goku essentially tries to get Gohan/Krillun to piss off so he can fight Vegeta. Krillun though stalls, makes serious face and repeatedly asks are you sure Goku?

Please stop spelling "Krillun"

I'm not going to watch these shit movies because it's clear that DBZ has been taken to a ridiculous place. It seems that they're desperate to make easy money.

DBZ, the 291 original episodes, are the greatest. I first watched the series with Latin American dubbing. It was just the best.

Well, if you consider the Buu saga to be watchable, I don't see how Battle of Gods is any more ridiculous.

I'd say they jumped the shark with SSJ3.

I don't know, the English dub is horrible, like, really really horrible. They also changed the original songs for the series.

I enjoyed DBZ not only for its storytelling, but for the Latin American dubbing. I guess we have different opinions because we saw and heard different things. So for me, Boo's saga is great, not much action but awesome funny sequences. It kind of fit the villain too.

Oh I love the Buu saga. I just don't see how it's any less ridiculous than Battle of Gods. Goku fights a new villain who's stronger than ever and reaches a higher Super Saiyan form. Nothing exactly groundbreaking there but it's DBZ, what do you expect?

As for the American FUNimation dub, it has its pros and cons. Bruce Faulconer's soundtrack is insane but I can see how you might not like it if you grew up with the original music, which is also great. I grew up with the Canadian Ocean dub and loved it, despite the admittedly terrible voice acting (save for a few choice characters, like Vegeta, who I stand by as being better than the American version), cookie cutter music and abhorrent censorship.

And I am supposed to be mygnr's resident 'neckbeard'? I can positively feel the acne in this thread.

jon konnur

EDIT- Just fuckin' with ya! I remember you getting mad about spelling in the other thread too!

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

Am I the only one who's a little disappointed that so far Dragon Ball Super is basically a stretched out version of Battle Of The Gods? So far the first 3 episodes are basically the first 15 to 20 minutes of Battle Of The Gods.

Am I the only one who's a little disappointed that so far Dragon Ball Super is basically a stretched out version of Battle Of The Gods? So far the first 3 episodes are basically the first 15 to 20 minutes of Battle Of The Gods.

You are watching it in Japanese?

Meh, I just read this:

"The series will begin showing the aftermath of the Majin Buu Saga, then will proceed to retell the stories of Battle of Gods and Resurrection ‘F’ as new story arcs. The next part of Super following this will take place in the Sixth Universe with the Z Fighters searching for the Super Dragon Balls."

So basically the first two story arcs will be stretched out movies. That's just lame.

Never heard of subtitles?

Yeah I know many people watch it with subs, I usually prefer when the dub version comes out, but it usually comes out after ages, the english dubbed version of DBZ Kai after the Cell Saga hasn't been released.

Watched some clips from this. Everything looks awesome but Frieza's voice is almost unbearable.

I'll still watch it though.

Even I found it weird in the beginning, but now im pretty used to it cause ive watched a lot of the abridged series.

Watched the first few episodes of Super. I guess the new movies aren't cannon to it, it completely retcons the films as much as it does GT.

Really silly tbh, I can't see why a casual fan would want to set through Super if it's just an alternative retelling of the 2 films.

Actually I'm pretty sure Super retcons the final few episodes of Z as well.

Edited by AtariLegend

jon konnur

EDIT- Just fuckin' with ya! I remember you getting mad about spelling in the other thread too!

you know, i'm spaniard and I just can't understand these kind of typos, like when someone says your instead of you're lol

Watched the first few episodes of Super. I guess the new movies aren't cannon to it, it completely retcons the films as much as it does GT.

Really silly tbh, I can't see why a casual fan would want to set through Super if it's just an alternative retelling of the 2 films.

Actually I'm pretty sure Super retcons the final few episodes of Z as well.

It would supposedly happen somewhere between defeating Buu and the last few episodes of Z. I mean, Pan isn't born yet and Uub isn't around either. Not entirely impossible as long as they're entirely disregarding GT.

And yeah, first 2 sagas are Battle Of Gods and Resurrection F in their XXXXXXL editions. The third saga is supposed to (finally) be new.

• 3 weeks later...