Shackler's Revenge and Oh My God are actually good songs

Dr. Who

Im still confused between what was Bucket's and Ron's part in Shacklers, can anyone point which solo's or what parts belonged to whom?

Bucket does the main riff, rhythm parts (I think) and the whammy chorus. Ron does the guitar solo and the tapping/bending on the final chorus. He even tabbed out the tapping part for me once. Such a cool guy.

The outro solo in Shacklers is bucket right?

Nope. That's Ron.

The one starts after 3:15

Yeah, that's Ron I'm pretty sure.

Im still confused between what was Bucket's and Ron's part in Shacklers, can anyone point which solo's or what parts belonged to whom?

Bucket does the main riff, rhythm parts (I think) and the whammy chorus. Ron does the guitar solo and the tapping/bending on the final chorus. He even tabbed out the tapping part for me once. Such a cool guy.

The outro solo in Shacklers is bucket right?

Nope. That's Ron.

The one starts after 3:15

Yeah, that's Ron I'm pretty sure.

I guess Ron is doing the tapping and Bucket is doing the solo

You all suck.

Nope, Ron sucks, not us. His pathetic solo is a disgrace to rock music, but then again, so is Chinese Democracy.

And yet you post regularly about an album you claim to hate which was released seven years ago... why??

I don't hate anyone nor anything. I post about CD because I like to make fun of its mediocrity and the fans who think it's much complex, evolution gnr sound, artistic logical sequence to uyi and that kind of stupidity. It's hilarious. I could respect your opinion if you hadn't said we all suck. You're just a blind fanboy. Go masturbate to those random notes Ron plays during Shacklers. Dear Christ, what a load of garbage that song is.

The main solos on Shacklers and Rhiad are the worst solos on the record. No feel, no structure and awful note choices. Shoulda kept Buckets solos, im sure they were light years better.

Thats true, the thing with bucket is that his solo's are melodic and they go with the song, they really make the song better. I don't hate Ron, but his stuff is too scribbly if you get what I mean.

Exactly. Like Buckets solo before the bridge in Better. Thats an example of a tasteful shredding solo. Bucket can shred and keep it melodic and emotive. Ron sadly can not do that and its a shame Axl chose Rons solos over Buckets on any song.

You all suck.

Nope, Ron sucks, not us. His pathetic solo is a disgrace to rock music, but then again, so is Chinese Democracy.

And yet you post regularly about an album you claim to hate which was released seven years ago... why??

I don't hate anyone nor anything. I post about CD because I like to make fun of its mediocrity and the fans who think it's much complex, evolution gnr sound, artistic logical sequence to uyi and that kind of stupidity. It's hilarious. I could respect your opinion if you hadn't said we all suck. You're just a blind fanboy. Go masturbate to those random notes Ron plays during Shacklers. Dear Christ, what a load of garbage that song is.

Let me see you reach the high notes on Prostitute or Street Of Dreams or play the solo to TWAT or Shacklers then perhaps someone will take your opinion seriously about the the complexity or lack thereof of the record.

You're just a douche. A douche who tries so hard to act too cool for school, who repeats the same tired jokes in an attempt to be in with the cool kids, a douche who has clocked up almost 10,000 posts on a message board but of course it's all ironic. You remind me of the teenager from that Harry Enfield sketch. Far too cool and pretentious to admit to liking anything.

• Like 2

We all like different songs and there are no "right" songs to like. How anyone can shit on anyone's parade by at length and at repeat tell how much they dislike a song someone else likes, and even make it their predominant reason for posting at a forum, is and has always been completely beyond me. I can't even begin to understand how anyone would take pleasure in that. If someone likes something I don't, then more power to them. I don't get it.

• Like 1

You all suck.

Let me see you reach the high notes on Prostitute or Street Of Dreams or play the solo to TWAT or Shacklers then perhaps someone will take your opinion seriously about the the complexity or lack thereof of the record.

You're just a douche. A douche who tries so hard to act too cool for school, who repeats the same tired jokes in an attempt to be in with the cool kids, a douche who has clocked up almost 10,000 posts on a message board but of course it's all ironic. You remind me of the teenager from that Harry Enfield sketch. Far too cool and pretentious to admit to liking anything.

So I have to be a better guitar player than Ron to be able to give my opinion? How old are you?

Look at my posts in My World and you'll see how many bands I not only like but love. You said we suck for disliking Ron, kid. If you had a more intelligent approach to your posts maybe I wouldn't post jokingly like I did. Ron sucks. Deal with it.

We all like different songs and there are no "right" songs to like. How anyone can shit on anyone's parade by at length and at repeat tell how much they dislike a song someone else likes, and even make it their predominant reason for posting at a forum, is and has always been completely beyond me. I can't even begin to understand how anyone would take pleasure in that. If someone likes something I don't, then more power to them. I don't get it.

This. Too many arrogant people on this board acting like their opinion is the only one that counts.

You all suck.

You said we suck for disliking Ron, kid. If you had a more intelligent approach to your posts maybe I wouldn't post jokingly like I did.

I was being facetious although I'm not exactly surprised that went over your head.

• Like 1

Exactly. Like Buckets solo before the bridge in Better. Thats an example of a tasteful shredding solo. Bucket can shred and keep it melodic and emotive. Ron sadly can not do that and its a shame Axl chose Rons solos over Buckets on any song.

Buckets solo before the bridge is out and out shredding, hardly what I would describe as melodious tasteful guitar playing. And since when has being tasteful been such an important thing in rock music? This is fucking Guns N Roses for Christs sake, not Dizzy Gillespie. The entire last minute of Paradise City is full on shredding. You could listen to it a hundred times over and still not be able to hum that solo back.

Ron is perfectly capable of tasteful shredding. His beautiful lead work in Catcher In The Rye is one of the standout moments on the entire album, particularly during the outro.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

Buckets solo before the bridge is out and out shredding, hardly what I would describe as melodious tasteful guitar playing. And since when has tasteful been such an important thing in rock music? The entire last minute of Paradise City is full on shredding. You could listen to it a hundred times over and still not be able to hum that solo back.

Ron is perfectly capable of tasteful shredding. His lead work in Catcher In The Rye is one of the best moments on the entire album, particularly during the outro.

Agree with Towlie on this on all points; Better, PC & CitR. I really dislike CitR as a song, but Rons solo is one of the high points for me in it. I get trashed for this a lot but I also like Rons Scraped solo better than Buckets too.

(Bucket does do stuff like I like on Chinese btw)

• Like 1

Agree 100%. Both great songs. Would love to have seen an album along the same lines as OMG released back in 2000 or so. Shame really.

Exactly what I wanted too. The promise of getting this harder edged, industrial flavored album from Axl was the reason I was willing to stay on board with him keeping the name.

• Like 1

Buckets solo before the bridge is out and out shredding, hardly what I would describe as melodious tasteful guitar playing. And since when has being tasteful been such an important thing in rock music? This is fucking Guns N Roses for Christs sake, not Dizzy Gillespie. The entire last minute of Paradise City is full on shredding. You could listen to it a hundred times over and still not be able to hum that solo back.

Ron is perfectly capable of tasteful shredding. His beautiful lead work in Catcher In The Rye is one of the standout moments on the entire album, particularly during the outro.

Idk, Bucket and Slashs shredding in the examples you named have a direction and flow to them. Both Shacklers and Rhiads solos lack that emensely. I do like Rons work on Catcher, Chinese and I.R.S.

Is it really beyond you though? the reason is always the same, at least for those who repeatedly never fail to mention and express their dislike.

It's just bitter old Guns fans coping with the fact Slash is no longer in the band and Axl fucks up a lot.

Those who really don't like Chinese but are over Slash not being in the band for almost 20 years don't really express themselves with that level of frustration, anger, and bitterness.

Even if they deny they're doing it, it's still my opinion that a small percentage of people here are very bitter and I can even understand why that is.

As they see it, Axl is mainly the guy who was responsible for ruining their favorite or one of their favorite bands. They just can't help themselves shitting on new Guns.

The Gn'R camp and Axl only worsen the whole situation.

Is it really beyond you though? the reason is always the same, at least for those who repeatedly never fail to mention and express their dislike.

It's just bitter old Guns fans coping with the fact Slash is no longer in the band and Axl fucks up a lot.

Those who really don't like Chinese but are over Slash not being in the band for almost 20 years don't really express themselves with that level of frustration, anger, and bitterness.

Even if they deny they're doing it, it's still my opinion that a small percentage of people here are very bitter and I can even understand why that is.

As they see it, Axl is mainly the guy who was responsible for ruining their favorite or one of their favorite bands. They just can't help themselves shitting on new Guns.

Can I just say that I personally feel that Scraped/OMG belong in the cistern of a toilet, not due to Slash and some misguided notion of ''GN'R politics'', but because they belong, in the cistern of a toilet. Ago tibi gratias.

You all suck. Ron's guitar work on Shacklers is one of the best things about it. All the crazy fretless sliding and weird noises - probably the hardest guitar solo to replicate note for notes in all of modern rock. And Ron's tapping at the end is brilliant. I don't believe BH's guitar parts would've been half as good as what Ron came up with. And I'm sure Axl must've agreed otherwise he would've kept Bucket's parts on the track.

Ron ruined every song he played on on Chinese Democracy.

• Like 1

Can I just say that I personally feel that Scraped/OMG belong in the cistern of a toilet, not due to Slash and some misguided notion of ''GN'R politics'', but because they belong, in the cistern of a toilet. Ago tibi gratias.

Perfectly reasonable if you don't say it's basically shit 50,000 times a year. And it's an open forum, so whatever, but like I've said, most fans of Chinese here know exactly what people that dislike the album think about it.

And I'd imagine you and others like you who thinks it's shit, you know that as well.

So again: the only logical conclusion is that's your way of coping with what you don't approve of. You can call it jokes, but it does contain an element of bitterness and sometimes fans of Chinese are the ones who can't discuss music we enjoy just cause of all the old baggage some people here still carry.

Edited by Rovim

Perfectly reasonable if you don't say it's basically shit 50,000 times a year. And it's an open forum, so whatever, but like I've said, most fans of Chinese here know exactly what people that dislike the album think about it.

And I'd imagine you and others like you who thinks it's shit, you know that as well.

So again: the only logical conclusion is that's your way of coping with what you don't approve of. You can call it jokes, but it does contain an element of bitterness and sometimes fans of Chinese are the ones who can't discuss music we enjoy just cause of all the old baggage some people here still carry.

Also, feeling CD is the 'worst album of all time' or 'shit' IMO goes beyond an objective opinion and to me is tinged by the bitterness you speak of.

• Like 1

Buckets solo before the bridge is out and out shredding, hardly what I would describe as melodious tasteful guitar playing. And since when has tasteful been such an important thing in rock music? The entire last minute of Paradise City is full on shredding. You could listen to it a hundred times over and still not be able to hum that solo back.

Ron is perfectly capable of tasteful shredding. His lead work in Catcher In The Rye is one of the best moments on the entire album, particularly during the outro.

Agree with Towlie on this on all points; Better, PC & CitR. I really dislike CitR as a song, but Rons solo is one of the high points for me in it. I get trashed for this a lot but I also like Rons Scraped solo better than Buckets too.

Ron's guitar tone on the CITR solo might be the absolute ugliest guitar tone I've ever heard in my life. The solo is also horrific compared to Brian May's beautiful and melodic guitar work that should've been left untouched. Catcher' probably could've been a huge radio hit in its original form, but Ron simply destroys it.

Ron's guitar tone on the CITR solo might be the absolute ugliest guitar tone I've ever heard in my life. The solo is also horrific compared to Brian May's beautiful and melodic guitar work that should've been left untouched. Catcher' probably could've been a huge radio hit in its original form, but Ron simply destroys it.

Why should it remain untouched? Just because its Brian May? I actually thought the original solo on Catcher was pretty unremarkable and pedestrian but some of you just have a boner for it because of who it was played by. Edited by Towelie

Why should it remain untouched? Just because its Brian May? I actually thought the original solo on Catcher was pretty unremarkable and pedestrian but some of you just have a boner for it because of who it was played by.

See, that's how I feel. I'm a Brian May fan and all, but I don't like something just because of who played it. As I said before, I don't like CitR much to begin with. May's solo never gave me a reason to listen to the song again. With Ron's solo, it was the opposite. I'll actually let the song play just because that solo will play eventually.

Why should it remain untouched? Just because its Brian May? I actually thought the original solo on Catcher was pretty unremarkable and pedestrian but some of you just have a boner for it because of who it was played by.

It should remain untouched because Ron didn't improve upon May's original solo and made a horrific mess of the solo section of the song. I feel like Brando in Apocalypse Now just thinking about if Ron had been allowed to "improve" Buckethead's TWAT solo :facepalm:

• Like 1