Gn'R or Zeppelin reunion poll

Eh  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I saw Guns during there peak in 1987 and again in 1988 and have never seen Led Zep, did see Plant/ Page, so even at their advanced age I would prefer to see them.

That being said for the 2007 reunion concert there were 20 million requests for only 20K tickets available in the online ticket lottery so anyone who thinks a GnR reunion would outsell a Led Zeppelin reunion is kidding themselves IMHO.

GNR. 3/4 Zeppelin already happened, it was good, but Plant's voice is farther from his heyday than Axl's is from his. GNR would be a full lineup and much closer to the old sound than Zep can pull off.

GNR now winning by a nose, by the way.

I saw Guns during there peak in 1987 and again in 1988 and have never seen Led Zep, did see Plant/ Page, so even at their advanced age I would prefer to see them.

That being said for the 2007 reunion concert there were 20 million requests for only 20K tickets available in the online ticket lottery so anyone who thinks a GnR reunion would outsell a Led Zeppelin reunion is kidding themselves IMHO.

It's difficult to know which one would sell more tickets. It would be a close contest imo. In some areas Led Zep would sell more, but in other areas like South America GNR is untouchable (they could easily sell out 80'000 seats stadiums). Edited by durruti column

It's difficult to know which one would sell more tickets. It would be a close contest imo. In some areas Led Zep would sell more, but in other areas like South America GNR is untouchable (they could easily sell out 80'000 seats stadiums).

I don't think it would even be close. Led Zeppelin could sell out multiple shows at a 80,000 seat stadium IMHO. In NYC for instance it would not surprise me if they could sell out 10 straight nights at Giant Stadium in a single day, about 500K tickets. I doubt even an reunited GnR could match their selling power in any market.

Don't get me wrong I think tickets for a GnR reunion would sell well but I don't think they can outsell Led Zeppelin.

I doubt Guns could sell as many tickets as Led Zeppelin in any market.

Edited by classicrawker

It's a day late and a buck short for Zep, and an essential component to that has been dead and buried for three and a half decades.

Gnr still has some life in it, on the Godly prayers Axl embraces the ever living fuck out of an elliptical.

Isn't Led Zeppelin popularity exaggerated ? They're still famous, but I'm not sure that Led Zep means a lot for the new generations.... I'm not sure there would be such a big difference in ticket sales between LZ and a reunited GNR.

GNR faces a similar situation, they haven't meant anything relevant to rock since Nirvana and that whole generation of bands sent them packing.

Isn't Led Zeppelin popularity exaggerated ? They're still famous, but I'm not sure that Led Zep means a lot for the new generations.... I'm not sure there would be such a big difference in ticket sales between LZ and a reunited GNR.

GNR faces a similar situation, they haven't meant anything relevant to rock since Nirvana and that whole generation of bands sent them packing.

Never underestimate the babyboomers generation paying insane amounts of money to see their bands live. See every sold out Stones show in the past 20 years for reference.

MB is correct that a Zep tour would sell more, but that's mainly due to the ticket price gouging that would inevitably occur. However, I do believe that even in 2016 a GNR reunion tour would do tremendously well, possibly with more demand than Zep.

Edited by sofine11

Zeppelin are considered rock royalty like The Beatles, Stones, Floyd and Who. Guns N' Roses are not. Big big difference. People want to see Zeppelin so they can say to their grand kids, ''I saw Zeppelin''. It is something you can tell your grandkids, like meeting The Queen or The Pope or climbing Everest - or seeing Elvis live. Also Zeppelin have a much bigger discography. Your layman only gives a shit about one GN'R album, Appetite, and three or four songs from Illusion (NR, You Could Be Mine etc). Zeppelin have I-IV as well as Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti (and arguably Presence).

As I said, I'm not a Zeppelin fan and much prefer GN'R but there is no doubt that a Zeppelin tour would be bigger.

• Like 1

Led Zep are very old guys. It's too late.

Robert Plant is twice the singer Axl is nowadays though. Plus Page at the O2 was fine and JPJ is JPJ which is always good. And Jason is younger and has stanima and talent behind the kit
  • Like 1

I wouldn't want a GNR reunion to be honest, I really dig the bizarre path Axl has dug out of his torment, I don't dig much since 2011 except a few performances, so I guess a reunion would be ten times more progressive than this dreary cycle Axl is stuck upon but it would also piss all over everything he fought for since the break up which would be really hollow, it's a conundrum. I loved seeing Gilmour and Waters playing tracks at that Live 8 thing, but that was different because Gilmour didn't go on this bonkers escapade that Axl did and snarled all the way along it.