Ash (Slash's brother) Comments & Apologizes

Meh. Nice he apologized, but Axl's weight and diet are none of his fucking business. Or anyone else's. No need to comment on that at all.

That's what happens when someone becomes a celebrity. It goes with the territory.

Are you big, too?

I don't care if someone's a celebrity or not. People's weight should not be a matter of public comment, whether they're thin or fat. If you disagree, I don't particularly care.

As to your second question, it's a bit stupid to think that if someone disagrees with fatphobia, they're also fat. Your question is inappropriate.

Edited by stella

Meh. Nice he apologized, but Axl's weight and diet are none of his fucking business. Or anyone else's. No need to comment on that at all.

That's what happens when someone becomes a celebrity. It goes with the territory.

Are you big, too?

I don't care if someone's a celebrity or not. People's weight should not be a matter of public comment, whether they're thin or fat. If you disagree, I don't particularly care.

As to your second question, it's a bit stupid to think that if someone disagrees with fatphobia, they're also fat. Your question is inappropriate.

People can comment on whatever they want. That's the world you live in.

So, are you also fat?

Are you big, too?

So, are you also fat?

Yes, of course they can, and then the rest of us can think you're intolerant, ignorant assholes. if the most important thing you have to talk about is someone's weight, and you feel the need to use that as an insult, it's sad and pathetic.

And I don't know what part of "your question is inappropriate" you didn't understand. Since that didn't get through, maybe "none of your fucking business" will. The only thing you need to know about me is that I don't like bigots, no matter who they're going after.

Edited by stella

Are you big, too?

So, are you also fat?

Yes, of course they can, and then the rest of us can think you're intolerant, ignorant assholes. if the most important thing you have to talk about is someone's weight, and you feel the need to use that as an insult, it's sad and pathetic.

And I don't know what part of "your question is inappropriate" you didn't understand. Since that didn't get through, maybe "none of your fucking business" will. The only thing you need to know about me is that I don't like bigots, no matter who they're going after.

Bigots? Do you understand what a bigot actually is?

I'll take your reaction as a yes to my question.

Calling someone fat does not a bigot make.

It doesn't matter what you have worked with. You aren't entitled to read only the things you can handle. You have the responsibility to ignore them if it bothers you so much.

I don't care what you are. I can only gather that you are so emotionally invested in it because you are also fat.

Again, you aren't entitled to be free from criticism.

Also, weight is a relevant issue when you're a celebrity since the whole thing is about "image." That's the world Axl lives in. Deal with it. The world you live in is a world where people are free criticize whatever they want. That's another thing to deal with.

You're sure picking a ridiculous thing to crusade on.

Are you big, too?

So, are you also fat?

Bigots? Do you understand what a bigot actually is?

I'll take your reaction as a yes to my question.

Actually, there's no correct answer to your question, and there's absolutely no reason you need to know anything about my physical appearance one way or the other. You asked because you were looking for a way to insult me. If I were to say "no" you would accuse me of lying and use it as a springboard for your personal insults; if I were to say "yes" it would have the same result.

I've worked with anorexics and bulimics. I'm actually a recovered anorexic myself. Society's constant focus on weight is NOT a good thing when you have 14 year olds -- and 34 year olds -- starving themselves to death or picking up cocaine habits to stay thin because they live in mortal fear or becoming fat, because then they'll be everyone's target.

The point is: it doesn't. fucking. matter. what someone weighs. Health? That's their concern, and it's between them and their doctor. It matters what people do. In Axl's case I don't give a damn if he has his heroin physique or he looks like Jabba the Hutt. I care if he can sing. And that should be the focus.

And a bigot? Yes, I know exactly what that is. Given the comments I see constantly about weight, race, sexuality, gender, etc. on this board, a lot of them hang out here.

• Like 2

I'm not trying to insult you. I'm trying to bust up your absurd e-protest over someone daring to say Axl is fat. The only motivation is that you're also fat. Either that or that you have some obsessive love Axl and this disturbs you. If his weight doesn't matter, why is a bunch of random peoples' comments on a messageboard so important?

Calling someone fat does not a bigot make.

It doesn't matter what you have worked with. You aren't entitled to read only the things you can handle. You have the responsibility to ignore them if it bothers you so much.

I don't care what you are. I can only gather that you are so emotionally invested in it because you are also fat.

Again, you aren't entitled to be free from criticism.

Also, weight is a relevant issue when you're a celebrity since the whole thing is about "image." That's the world Axl lives in. Deal with it. The world you live in is a world where people are free criticize whatever they want. That's another thing to deal with.

You're sure picking a ridiculous thing to crusade on.

It's not an emotional investment -- and again, deciding that someone must be part of a marginalized group because they stand up for other marginalized people is ludicrous. So does that mean that if you defend Black people you must be Black, or that if you defend gay people you must be gay, too? Or that if you stand up for women you can't possibly be a man?

Again, you're entitled to think whatever you want and express your opinion, others are entitled to think it's ignorant, biased and uniformed. The only reason to start asking questions about another poster's personal background is to set up an ad hominem attack; you're just angry you were called on it.

And no, fighting intolerance of all kinds is not ridiculous. The fact that people do something in society doesn't mean it's acceptable. if your kid ends up dead or in a hospital because they starved themselves or they bled out of their esophagus after a couple of years of being bulimic, or they killed themselves because they were tired of all the comments about their size, you might care about public attitudes about weight, too.

I'm just blocking you at this point. You're completely wasting my time and the way you've derailed this thread is pathetic.

Edited by stella
  • Like 2

You're wasting your own time. It's easier to wear shoes than to carpet the whole world. Be a big girl(no pun intended) and put your shoes on.

You aren't the authority of whether or not image is relevant in the world of image(celebrity).

How is calling someone fat considered "ignorant?" Are you really that weak to where the words are breaking your bones?

If my kid ends up in the hospital due to the affects of their mental illness over their image, I would have failed as a parent. It won't give me the license to crusade the internet and flip my wig over random people calling a celebrity fat.

It's not the world's responsibility to nerf everything for you. Put your shoes on.

Well, he posted this on his facebook. Pretty much nothing left to say, isn't it?

12011216_935765729826591_883582987736894

This is literally the most true (yet harsh) post ever and he later apologizes

I lol'd so hard

lol because comparing music to a door makes sense

As hilarious as it gets, it makes sense

You know.. Saying he's on a diet is actually a backhanded compliment.

yeah in the crazy universe :lol:

Btw Ash just ruined the reunion, imho

His newest post:

"I apologize to Axl and his legions of fans who were offended by my post of yesterday.

I am sorry I shot my mouth off, I know, or should know better than to get involved in GNR business. It has come to me attention that Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight.

Unfortunately, my post was very offensive and upsetting to my brother, for which I apologize.

To the rest of the world,...I had one of these days when people kept asking me about a possible reunion and I had had enough...again my apologies."

is this legit or something you made up?

i think its a good sign if Slash made him apologize

He posted it on his Facebook.

From ultimate-guitar: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/entertainment/slashs_brother_ash_fuck_gnr_reunion_its_dumb_grow_up_get_a_life_axls_a_fat_bastard.html

"The brother of Slash, who goes by the name of Ash, gave GN'R reunion a big bash. Ash, the brother of Slash, is not a fan of the whole mishmash, telling obsessed fans to feel abash for being so brash.

It's not even about the cash, said Ash, sitting under a calabash. There is no hope, not even a dash, a glimpse, a flash. And although the clash of Axl and Slash is now in the trash, it might be nothing more than a pash."

:D

• Like 2