Ash (Slash's brother) Comments & Apologizes

Axl has always been hammered in the press and people mocking his occasional weight issues but he continues to go out there and give 100% in all his performances. The guy never phones it in.

I really hope these guys reunite because there are few real rock stars left in the world. I just want to see it one more time.

After they are gone we're just going to have a bunch of 40 year old Justin Bieber's running around.

• Like 1

It's funny, and predictable that he has now apologized. It also speaks volumes for what appears to be going on behind the scenes.

Today I was thinking, "I wonder when slash's brother started going by Ash?" because Slash didmt start going by slash until his mid teens of so. It just makes me wonder if once slash became famous then all the sudden his brother became Ash.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

I hardly know anyone past 40 or 50 that has been able to maintain the same physique they had when they were in their 20s. Big deal... I think Axl looks cool these days and his voice still sounds good to me especially in the low range.

It isn't about how he looks but how his looks affects his performance. A fat, out-of-breath Axl Rose is never going to deliver a great show based on the fact that he's overweight.

Pure conjecture. That is all you've got. This idea that Axl's out of breathness stems from his being 20 pounds heavier and not 20 years older. Pure conjecture. As if he wasn't out of breath ages ago and didn't need oxygen back in 91. Pure conjecture. Yet it gives you a lifetime of motivation for trolling.

I hardly know anyone past 40 or 50 that has been able to maintain the same physique they had when they were in their 20s. Big deal... I think Axl looks cool these days and his voice still sounds good to me especially in the low range.

It isn't about how he looks but how his looks affects his performance. A fat, out-of-breath Axl Rose is never going to deliver a great show based on the fact that he's overweight.

Pure conjecture. That is all you've got. This idea that Axl's out of breathness stems from his being 20 pounds heavier and not 20 years older. Pure conjecture. As if he wasn't out of breath ages ago and didn't need oxygen back in 91. Pure conjecture. Yet it gives you a lifetime of motivation for trolling.

Axl was perfect in 2009/2010, ONE YEAR LATER, and with a few extra pounds, he was horrendous. Same for the following years. Why do you ignore his great form from 06 to 10?

Axl was perfect in 2009/2010, ONE YEAR LATER, and with a few extra pounds, he was horrendous. Same for the following years. Why do you ignore his great form from 06 to 10?

Yes, a few pounds make all the difference :facepalm: That's why he was so bad in 2002 and why fat people can't sing :facepalm:

Axl was in great shape during 2002, and his performances were great in terms of energy and delivery. His voice was good and he didn't sound out of breathe like in the recent years. But yeah, no rasp.

Even though it's OBVIOUS that a person in better shape will be able to pull off better shows and will sing more easily, I don't think that's the main problem with Axl.

If you listen to any of the first 2009 performances, you'll notice he struggles a lot. An awful lot. But at least he was trying. And after some shows, during the Canadian leg, he was already in the level we saw him during the entire 2010 tour.

Now, if you listen to RIR 2011, he doesn't struggle that much. But that's because he wasn't trying (or didn't seem to). The results are the inconsistent performances that he started giving since.

Imo, his shape is just a sign of how much Axl's trying to make an effort and put on great shows. It's not necessarily that being in shape will make him sing better, but usally those two things are related because when Axl really tries to do something, it seems to me that he puts his heart and soul into it (and when he doesn't, it's so damn obvious that it pisses people off)

His newest post:

"I apologize to Axl and his legions of fans who were offended by my post of yesterday.

I am sorry I shot my mouth off, I know, or should know better than to get involved in GNR business. It has come to me attention that Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight.

Unfortunately, my post was very offensive and upsetting to my brother, for which I apologize.

To the rest of the world,...I had one of these days when people kept asking me about a possible reunion and I had had enough...again my apologies."

Slash defended Axl. :slash:

He's just trying to be cool. :awesomeface:

• Like 1

Hopefully next tour Axl will be on shape and kick ass on stage again. His last years were awful due to his terrible shape.

Being overweight and not rehearsing at all affect his performance which has been horrendous these last years. Pure and utter shit. Hopefully what Ash said about him losing weight is true.

i was figuring there would be some back peddling on this one-

anyhow if that's his opinion he's entitled to it. his comments really reflect on the kind of guy he is. if there's a reunion and it's mediocre i'll be okay with that. i never got to see the band live back in the day so i'll be going.

would also be a bonus if what he said about axl getting in shape was true

Edited by PITBOSS