Ash (Slash's brother) Comments & Apologizes

It's funny how at first this rant kinda hindered the possibility of a reunion, but now this apology and talk of slash being upset and Axl losing weight (how would he know that?) seems to be doing just the opposite. Kinda adding fuel to the Fire

Talk about spinning a negative into a positive

Good for Axl if this is sincere. I'm not gonna bash the guy for getting healthy again. I think he wants to look good and in the long run this will prolong his career, and hopefully his life.

As for the other stuff, I think it was nice that Slash stood up for Axl, even against his own family. I think that's the positive to take here

If it was all said in sarcasm or whatever then I apologize for my naive post.

(Posted this on the other thread but it belongs here. )

His newest post:

"I apologize to Axl and his legions of fans who were offended by my post of yesterday.

I am sorry I shot my mouth off, I know, or should know better than to get involved in GNR business. It has come to me attention that Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight.

Unfortunately, my post was very offensive and upsetting to my brother, for which I apologize.

To the rest of the world,...I had one of these days when people kept asking me about a possible reunion and I had had enough...again my apologies."

is this legit or something you made up?

i think its a good sign if Slash made him apologize

I hardly know anyone past 40 or 50 that has been able to maintain the same physique they had when they were in their 20s. Big deal... I think Axl looks cool these days and his voice still sounds good to me especially in the low range.

It isn't about how he looks but how his looks affects his performance. A fat, out-of-breath Axl Rose is never going to deliver a great show based on the fact that he's overweight.

Pure conjecture. That is all you've got. This idea that Axl's out of breathness stems from his being 20 pounds heavier and not 20 years older. Pure conjecture. As if he wasn't out of breath ages ago and didn't need oxygen back in 91. Pure conjecture. Yet it gives you a lifetime of motivation for trolling.

Axl was perfect in 2009/2010, ONE YEAR LATER, and with a few extra pounds, he was horrendous. Same for the following years. Why do you ignore his great form from 06 to 10?

Yes, a few pounds make all the difference :facepalm: That's why he was so bad in 2002 and why fat people can't sing :facepalm:

Fat guys can definitely sing, look at Sammy Hagar, that fella is packing a gut but he blasts it out of the park every night and he's nearly 70! Axl was a right fatty in 02, his face was skinny but the rest of him wasn't.

Talk to any singer, they all say the same thing 4-6 weeks preparation, running on treadmills, singing the entire set repeatedly over the 4-6 week period. The 4-6 weeks gives you rest periods, sing for two days rest for a day etc. The preparations get your wind up and you're able to sing with far less strain and exertion. I don't care what anyone says (including Axl) as I don't buy for one minute that he did those kind of preparation for any of the runs from 2009-14. He was in pretty good vocal nic in 2006, so I think it's quite likely he did the leg work for that run.

Everyone goes on about 2009/10 being great vocal years for Axl when in fact he was not performing close to as good as the 2006/07 shows. Yeah, he had full rasp, and he did play some very good shows but he was so out of shape it was sometimes very hard to listen to. And I'm not talking about weight, I'm only talking about his vocal strength. 2010 was head and shoulders above what was to come in 2011 but It's not as great as we sometimes make out. That same voice not out of breath? yeah, I'll take that!.

• Like 1

LOL so many great posts in this thread

Slash must have told him too. Reunion IS happening!!!!

Knew it'd piss Slash off.

I heard (don't know how true it is) that even during the years of Axl and Slash not talking that it would annoy Slash when people badmouthed Axl around him. Like Slash would be cool laying out some criticisms, cuz he had been there in the thick of it all with Axl, but hearing other guys with little connection to the situation, insulting Axl, would annoy him

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

Meh. Nice he apologized, but Axl's weight and diet are none of his fucking business. Or anyone else's. No need to comment on that at all.

As for reunion, I don't think this has anything to do with it. It wasn't a classy post. Slash has avoided really bashing Axl in the press for the last 20 years, so it probably didn't sit well with him regardless.

Edited by stella

Meh. Nice he apologized, but Axl's weight and diet are none of his fucking business. Or anyone else's. No need to comment on that at all.

As for reunion, I don't think this has anything to do with it. It wasn't a classy post. Slash has avoided really bashing Axl in the press for the last 20 years, so it probably didn't sit well with him regardless.

So you are anti-weight mention. But pro-drug addict bashing. Interesting to see where your moral compas swings.

LOL so many great posts in this thread

Slash must have told him too. Reunion IS happening!!!!

Knew it'd piss Slash off.

I heard (don't know how true it is) that even during the years of Axl and Slash not talking that it would annoy Slash when people badmouthed Axl around him. Like Slash would be cool laying out some criticisms, cuz he had been there in the thick of it all with Axl, but hearing other guys with little connection to the situation, insulting Axl, would annoy him
Exactly my point.