Gun Control/Rights Thread

RussTCB

Was actually watching Supernatural for the first time today.

how did you like it?

Didn't really understand what was going on. It was like the middle of the 10th season. Really violent.

oh i thought you were at the beginning :lol: season 10 was decent but season 1-5 are fantastic and definitely worth a watch.

Yeah, my wife is on season 10. I guess they just keep going. Maybe it keeps the lead actors in work? I heard the same thing, the quality drops after season 5 but for some reason, they keep watching it.

its one of the few shows that gets ratings on the cw. when eric kripke made the show originally he plotted out 5 seasons(he thought it would be gone before then since the wbn was going ass up) so the 5 seasons form a cohesive arc that has a beginning middle and end. the show was over the but ratings made the cw renew it so they really had nowhere for the show to go since the story was over. so it became kind of a show that had a "bad guy" that must be defeated every season. the last 3 seasons it seems like they are trying to form a new story arc, not sure where its going yet.

On a sidenote: The Norwegian police has for the last 12 months carried guns, loaded guns. This came as a decision spurred on by increased national terror threat, but it was largely assumed it would be a constant thing. Today it was announced that the police will revert to not carrying loaded weapons again, but have ammunition stored in their cars/elsewhere. The reason for this surprising decision is the increased use of firearms by the police that has happened this last year (including a few controversial cases where the police probably shouldn't have fired their weapons at all) and a few attempts by civilians to take the loaded weapons from the police.

On a sidenote: The Norwegian police has for the last 12 months carried guns, loaded guns. This came as a decision spurred on by increased national terror threat, but it was largely assumed it would be a constant thing. Today it was announced that the police will revert to not carrying loaded weapons again, but have ammunition stored in their cars/elsewhere. The reason for this surprising decision is the increased use of firearms by the police that has happened this last year (including a few controversial cases where the police probably shouldn't have fired their weapons at all) and a few attempts by civilians to take the loaded weapons from the police.

i think a gun with some ammo in the trunk would be alright. i know cops in the US in some states are required to keep an assault rifle in the trunk ever since the north hollywood shootout in the 90s.

i understand why police have guns but with all the other methods of diffusing the situation IE tasers, bean bags, rubber bullets, batons, pepper spray etc the use of guns is crazy when most situations could be ended without ever pulling a gun. like this case

Edited by bran

do you have ANY thoughts of your own?

does your Mom dress you in the morning?

What the "conservative" stance is on our right to bare arms is based on common sense.

No gun legislation you could possibly pass is going to have any impact on gun violence. period. So stop with the tree hugging nonsense.

Bleeding heart liberals are stopping the courts from enforcing the laws already on the books so how on Gods green earth will passing more limitations on our rights be taken as anything except what it is, politics.

One of the democratic front runners stood before a national audience the other night and railed how disgusting it was that we have too many people incarcerated. Every inner city with constant rising gun deaths at the hands of thugs has one thing in common. they are run by liberals. look it up.

Punishment is not in a liberals vocabulary, drugs are being legalized by liberals, sentencing guidelines are being downsized by liberals.

Your entire party is a joke, a big clown joke, but you do have the biggest clown of you all in charge in Washington, I'll give you that.

Edited by shades
  • Like 2

That shades post just made me think I was watching a Fox News segment on Charlie Brooker's Screenswipe. Can't tell if he's serious.

He could be a Tr0ll who gets his jollies out of insulting everyone to try to get a rise out of us, as it is hard to believe anyone could be so bitter and angry all the time, but sadly, for him, I think he is for real.............. :shrugs:

So I typed in Tr0ll only to have it censored into the word cupcake. I guess I missed the memo that word is verboten now?

Edited by classicrawker

That shades post just made me think I was watching a Fox News segment on Charlie Brooker's Screenswipe. Can't tell if he's serious.

I think (key phrase) a great many in America think like him and where a great degree of the populus feels a certain way it deserves attention.

I think (key phrase) a great many in America think like him and where a great degree of the populus feels a certain way it deserves attention.

Depends on what you define as "great many"............Usually just less than 50% of the population support either party, about 45% for either party, with the other fraction, usually around or less than 10% of the voters, as the undecided voters who decide the actual outcome of the election. That 10% Undecided vote are the ones the politicians have to win over to win an election for the POTUS as the other 90% already have decided who they will vote for. I don't know the exact number as it maybe less or more on the undecided side but I think you gee the idea.