Gun Control/Rights Thread

RussTCB

because the "ban" guns narrative does nothing since it will never happen, its pointless and the debate goes pages and pages just running around in circles. "mass shootings" account for around 160 deaths a year on average you can cut into that but the bulk of the shootings the ones that lead to thousands and thousands dead and even more injured will remain largely unaffected. to fix those numbers you need a large amount of changes and fixes. you need to look into fixing the inner cities, mental health, drugs, etc. instead the narrative in these threads just goes on about banning which is pointless since the banning of guns in the US will never happen. did you see the protesters in oregon today? oregon is hardly the most conservative state in the union.

700 kids drown every year. Nobody cares about that!

Great post Bran - you really nailed it. Your post should almost just end the topic.

Stricter gun laws/control is a great "step" in a much bigger problem. Some people act like it's the only or main step that needs to happen, and some politicians use it to try and gain votes by exploiting the latest headlines. How sad is that.

Your post is spot on. Well done!!!!

• Like 1

What does it mean to have better mental health care? Can anyone talk specifics? What is it that makes the US's mental health care inferior to other countries'?

One that isnt so free-handed with the dishing out of different kindsa drugs that have side effects that end up making people go bananas i suppose?

• Like 1

What does it mean to have better mental health care? Can anyone talk specifics? What is it that makes the US's mental health care inferior to other countries'?

One that isnt so free-handed with the dishing out of different kindsa drugs that have side effects that end up making people go bananas i suppose?

No one can prove that that's what's causing these shootings though right? I mean, crazy people commit mass shootings. These drugs are prescribed to crazy people. So what is it that allows us to immediately jump to blaming all the drugs instead of the shooters' own fucked up head, which they suffered from regardless of the drugs? To my knowledge, there's no study that demonstrates the link. Better mental healthcare must mean something more than fighting over-medication because the dangers of over-medication haven't even been clearly demonstrated or shown to be as important of an issue as it's made out to be.

the irony is that the generally more conservative stance on this is to ignore gun control but bleat about mental health while simultaneously opposing any kind of extended healthcare provision to rectify the situation. I mean you can't have both so which is it to be?

No one can prove that that's what's causing these shootings though right? I mean, crazy people commit mass shootings. These drugs are prescribed to crazy people. So what is it that allows us to immediately jump to blaming all the drugs instead of the shooters' own fucked up head, which they suffered from regardless of the drugs? To my knowledge, there's no study that demonstrates the link. Better mental healthcare must mean something more than fighting over-medication because the dangers of over-medication haven't even been clearly demonstrated or shown to be as important of an issue as it's made out to be.
I suppose the idea is a lot of people are put on drugs when theres other ways to treat them, or perhaps they are handed out in instances where they aint required cuz of the way the pharmaceutical industry is set up which leads to situations where you got kids raised on some kinda drug that has em growing up fucked up where they didnt need to be, that and other variations of that kinda thing.

I aint saying these are my feelings, just what i know of the argument. I do know i have a friend in Florida who went to a shrink over some depression thing, she was in there not 10 mins and they have her a script for Zoloft, she threw it in the bin and never went back, this was some 10 years ago and shes living fine without it.

Edited by Len B'stard

I suppose the idea is a lot of people are put on drugs when theres other ways to treat them, or perhaps they are handed out in instances where they aint required cuz of the way the pharmaceutical industry is set up which leads to situations where you got kids raised on some kinda drug that has em growing up fucked up where they didnt need to be, that and other variations of that kinda thing.

I aint saying these are my feelings, just what i know of the argument. I do know i have a friend in Florida who went to a shrink over some depression thing, she was in there not 10 mins and they have her a script for Zoloft, she threw it in the bin and never went back, this was some 10 years ago and shes living fine without it.

Exactly, we have 6 year olds being treated for PTSD, we have middle schoolers pumped full of mind altering drugs at such a young age is it really a wonder why they end up cracking 10 years down the road. I have a friend who has a 12 year old who is on numerous anti depressants and mood stabilizers who when on them she is to be honest is nuts now that she is off the shit is a totally different kid. In the us people are way over medicated but pharmaceutical companies are making a shit ton of money so why try anything else. Edited by bran

And yknow, this aint a fuckin diagnosis but i done a lot of drugs in my life, all kinds, they make you feel some fucked up ways sometimes, but i always knew in the back of my mind it was the drugs doing it, i paid for the shit and i know they have some kinda funny effects sometimes...and then i think if i'd've grown up from a young age like 6 or whatever, taking this shit, not knowing no better, all those fucked up ways it makes you feel and strange ways it makes you think, i could see that shit making people psycho, easily.

When you're a grown up or even a kid and you know you're taking fucked up drugs it kinda explains the fucked up ways you sometimes feel on em, i always have this inner voice when im on drugs and it starts to go down a feeling bad path, a voice thats like 'you paid for this, its the drugs doin just chill back, dont think' and you enjoy it like that but to a kid who dont know no better, whoose sense of morality and right and wrong aint properly formed yet, i can see it skewing someones thinking and twisting their head up all kinds of ways.

And yknow, this aint a fuckin diagnosis but i done a lot of drugs in my life, all kinds, they make you feel some fucked up ways sometimes, but i always knew in the back of my mind it was the drugs doing it, i paid for the shit and i know they have some kinda funny effects sometimes...and then i think if i'd've grown up from a young age like 6 or whatever, taking this shit, not knowing no better, all those fucked up ways it makes you feel and strange ways it makes you think, i could see that shit making people psycho, easily.

When you're a grown up or even a kid and you know you're taking fucked up drugs it kinda explains the fucked up ways you sometimes feel on em, i always have this inner voice when im on drugs and it starts to go down a feeling bad path, a voice thats like 'you paid for this, its the drugs doin just chill back, dont think' and you enjoy it like that but to a kid who dont know no better, whoose sense of morality and right and wrong aint properly formed yet, i can see it skewing someones thinking and twisting their head up all kinds of ways.

I've had a couple of baduns where I had

aAbsolutely no idea what I was, what I was doing, who I was or where I was. MKat, Acid and most of all 2Ci/2Cb where I can imagine I could've done all sorts of horrible stuff and it wouldn't have been me in my own head that was doing it. Really scary to be honest now I think about it.

Edited by Dazey

As i say, I dont think ive ever felt like i could've done bad stuff cuz i always knew why it was happening yknow? I'd probably still do em know and might still if they were at hand :lol:

I was totally blacked out so fuck knows. :lol: I once woke up next to this absolute bog monster after a really bad one on MKat. I mean seriously she was like 50 and utterly fat and rank! I was only 14 when I had the acid breakdown and it was at my grandma's house too. :lol:

All came out in the wash though didnt it, here you are, 'sane' and that :lol: I never blacked out off no drugs ever, never woked up having lost my memory.

Booze on the other hand I've forgotten entire 3 day stretches. Hate that shit actually cuz i have an enormous sense of person dignity but inside me is a complete twat (inside, yeah, course! :lol:) that comes out on the drink...or rather on the 18th drink.

I was pissed last night - first time in two months as I've been on the wagon - and woke up to find a half eaten plate of sushi and prawn cocktail next to me. Presumably I got hungry during the night (when I was listening to The Shangri-Las and arsing around here) and opened up this tub of prawn cocktail and had one of my sushi packs which I had bought from Asda.

One wild night, ehh?

I was pissed last night - first time in two months as I've been on the wagon - and woke up to find a half eaten plate of sushi and prawn cocktail next to me.

I stopped reading after "Sushi" :lol: Call yourself a fucking northerner? :lol:

To be honest its hard to have those sorts of teenage/late teens/early to mid 20s type nights anymore, theres no one to have em with.

Went home last week and got lashed on ching till 8am with a couple of the old guard. Never want to do it again! :lol:

...............until the next time. :lol:

A sushiholic here. I've made sushi before. I have a sushi kit with a wooden rolling mat!

I used to have a rolling mat. Never used it for fish though.

• Like 1

Im rolling right now :D

I'm sitting in my pants, watching the Terminator on silent on one side of the TV with the forum on the other. The Commando end credits soundtrack is playing loudly and I've got two Chicago Town pizzas and another 8 wife beaters on the go! :lol:

• Like 1