Gilby Clarke on the Reunion: "I don't think it's going to happen"

the truth of the matter is there hasn't been any reunion talk

the fact Axl has started to let go of the grudge against Slash is amazing enough

you gotta give Axl some breathing room for awhile you don't want to pressure him with reunion talks and i think band members know this so its probably not even been brought up yet

it will in due time but i don't think it happens this year(2016)...i see 2017 being possible

So you think the "big year for nugnr"(2016) will be finding 2 new guitarists and possibly a new bassist only to reunite in 2017? Does that sound logical to you?

I doubt Gilby would be asked back. I never really think of him as a GNR member, just a fill in for Izzy.

If he was just a 'fill in for Izzy' then what does that make nugnr members who have never even played on a studio album? The 'fill in for Izzy' is just Axl revisionism. When Slash recruited him he intended him to be a full time member.

Axl revisionism? Than how does that explain that interview from 1991 (around the time Gilby joined) where he said something like "yeah we have this guy named Gilby Clarke that's filling in for the tour but I dot know if we'll actually write with him for the next record" ?

Why would anyone want a hack like Fortus over Gilby Clarke?

Man I hope you're kidding..

No I'm not. Fortus is a reminder to Slash etc of the hideous 'nugnr' era. He is inherently an 'Axl man'. If you are doing a reunion then do it right and sweep away the garbage hack era. Gilby recorded a studio album and was chosen by Slash. He toured with the old band behind one of the old band's albums so therefore at least carries a connection with that era.

So Slash might get a sore ass if Fortus is around to remind him that Axl's band used to exist? That's your reason? :lol:

In a sense, yes. Why would anyone want to combine leeches with a reunited line-up like some freakish Frankenstein monster hybrid. i do not want to see any of these nugnr wankers near legends like Slash and Duff. Slash has never played with Fortus. Why should he be expected to play with somebody he has never played with?

Because that's fucking business. Why should Fortus lose the job when he's more than capable if Izzy isn't up to it? Would Slash really be so petty as to bitch about Fortus, a guy absolutely no one (bar you and Miser) has ever had a negative opinion towards, simply because he performed with Axl prior to the reunion?

I mean, I can see the logic behind "Gilby was in the old band and Fortus wasnt", but "no Fortus because he dared to play with Axl before" not so much.

And lol at calling Duff a legend.

Fortus has never played with Slash. Surely the experience with Slash and Tobias will teach you that you cannot just chuck one guy in the same band with another and expect them to gel? Fortus would not be losing his job since a 'reunion' would entail just that, a reunion, i.e. a wiping of the slate of the era of hacks.

Duff wrote It's So Easy. 'Lol'' all you want.

Slash wanted Fortus in his band at one point. There was a quote about it somewhere a little while back. Edited by ChineseIRS

the fact Axl has started to let go of the grudge against Slash is amazing enough

you gotta give Axl some breathing room for awhile you don't want to pressure him with reunion talks and i think band members know this so its probably not even been brought up yet

it will in due time but i don't think it happens this year(2016)...i see 2017 being possible

So you think the "big year for nugnr"(2016) will be finding 2 new guitarists and possibly a new bassist only to reunite in 2017? Does that sound logical to you?

no nothing is gonna happen next year but thats just my guess....if im wrong then im wrong

i'd be happy if things happened sooner

Edited by -HollywoodRose-

no nothing is gonna happen next year but thats just my guess....if im wrong then im wrong

So Fortus and Frank are lying about next year?

Fernando doesn't have any relevant news?

are you trying to bait me or what?

it would be a hugely profitable business decision should they reunite however money has lost its value with them. Money can buy things we only dream of yet for them, I would venture to imagine that they would trad lives with us. I say this because they all payed the price of loss of privacy we maintain the ability to roll thru life doing what we want. I am quite certain all of the GNR members of GNR know that us the fans would love a reunion. In a way it would be them paying homage to us for sticking with them thru thick and thin. And I am sure deep down inside they have to wonder what would happen if they all hooked up again. None the less, Steven and Axl most likely cant be in the same place at the same time. Slash and Axl go together like peanut butter and jelly, Duff is a fukin hero for beating addiction. Seriously I got soooo much respect for him for beating the monkey.

I cant rule out the possibility that they could reunite and BTW I totally wish they would however until proof becomes a ingredient in the pudding I cant say this will happen. I dont think Axl is keeping it from happening. I think he would be willing I think they all would be willing I just dont see them making this option a top priority. Axl is a moody man and should be based on his scars he carries yet he lost much respect because he removed him self from the brotherhood of the band. Hell bringing shrinks and massages with him on the road those of us who live with depression, tension and all sorts of mood altering things daily cant afford the pre-madonna way of life he did. Those of us who saw the raw GNR as just normal people like us all had to say "Dude its just life take the bull by the horns and raise up or simply deal with it."

I recently got my first twitter acct, late in the game yes. Social media controls so much of our life. I have a facebook, chopped full very dear friends that I grew up with, I visit with most of them daily. My tweetie bird account is all about GNR cause most people dont dig them like most of us do. I love the fact that most if not all of the members past and present GNR have real accounts and communicate with the fans. This to me shows they care about us. They want some sort of interaction with us of course less the stalkers. Them people trip me the hell out.

Guns and Roses touched me deeply with first and foremost the honesty They were just a group a men dealing with fame while coming from nothing and all the while knowing where they wanted to end. The lyrics, well lets just say Axl and me did not have much different childhood lives in many ways. Slash, honestly this will trip many out, but I hold way more respect for him than Hendrix. That man OWNS they guitar.

Gods, hell no not one of them are a God. They are all nothing more than human no matter how much talent they have. WOW what a rant I ventured off on. I am a fan of OLD GNR trying to love new GNR. I saw Slash here in Dallas and totally tripped when he busted out Sweet Child and so many more because the riffs were right on the money but the lead singer was good but aint no Axl. I cant bring my self to go see Axl with the new dudes cuz I feel like I will trip out.

All I can say with a pure heart is this is one of those things that will or wont be. It is what it is.

But if it were to be all I can say is I would be glad to see them kiss and make up. Nothing would stop me from going. They were and are the greatest bad ever in my book.

Summary:

Adler sounds like an idiot

Trunk continues to act like he knows something we don't when he doesn't

Gliby sounds clueless

<_<

Trunk does have some legit sources though so...maybe he does know something maybe he doesn't but, he's more trustworthy than most

Edited by Billsfan

No I'm not. Fortus is a reminder to Slash etc of the hideous 'nugnr' era. He is inherently an 'Axl man'. If you are doing a reunion then do it right and sweep away the garbage hack era. Gilby recorded a studio album and was chosen by Slash. He toured with the old band behind one of the old band's albums so therefore at least carries a connection with that era.

So Slash might get a sore ass if Fortus is around to remind him that Axl's band used to exist? That's your reason? :lol:

In a sense, yes. Why would anyone want to combine leeches with a reunited line-up like some freakish Frankenstein monster hybrid. i do not want to see any of these nugnr wankers near legends like Slash and Duff. Slash has never played with Fortus. Why should he be expected to play with somebody he has never played with?

Because that's fucking business. Why should Fortus lose the job when he's more than capable if Izzy isn't up to it? Would Slash really be so petty as to bitch about Fortus, a guy absolutely no one (bar you and Miser) has ever had a negative opinion towards, simply because he performed with Axl prior to the reunion?

I mean, I can see the logic behind "Gilby was in the old band and Fortus wasnt", but "no Fortus because he dared to play with Axl before" not so much.

And lol at calling Duff a legend.

Fortus has never played with Slash. Surely the experience with Slash and Tobias will teach you that you cannot just chuck one guy in the same band with another and expect them to gel? Fortus would not be losing his job since a 'reunion' would entail just that, a reunion, i.e. a wiping of the slate of the era of hacks.

Duff wrote It's So Easy. 'Lol'' all you want.

Tobias was an unexperienced garage guitarist who got the gig because he was friends with Axl and they just threw his solo on without Slash's consent. Fortus is a skilled session musician who's worked with tons of people and no one' s ever had a problem with him. I didn't even know this but apparently Slash actually wanted him in his band?

Or no, let's just bring back Gilby, the random who's been playing in bars for 20 years and can't even get the intro to SCOM right,despite it being his bread and butter, simply because he was in the touring band.

As for Duff, if writing one good album track makes you a legend, the criteria for legendary must be pretty fucking low.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

Why would Gilby have anything to do with a reunion anyway. It's either a full reunion with Izzy included or a half-reunion with Slash, Duff and Fortus. A half-reunion with Gilby wouldn't make any sense. The general public doesn't care about Gilby any more than they care about Fortus.

Well to be technical Fortus and Frank have only said that GNR will have a big year next year. Who knows which GNR....and Fernando will likely not present any big news. His announcement is suppose to come anytime between now and 60 days

On The Dead Daisies they play on the same track

I see no reason for Gilby over 4tus really. Bring back Izzy, but if he doesn't want it, then 4tus is just as fine as any hired hand (not to mention he is a better player than Gilby Clarke)

If a reunion really happens, i don't think Slash or anybody gives a flying fuck about each others feelings.... a potential new album is highly unlikely (given Axl's track record) so it doesn't really matter

Like it or not, It's all about the dollars sadly :shrugs:

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

No

The only people that know anything are Duff, Axl and Slash. Anyone else is irrelevant. If the reunion is being put together it is in very early stages, the leaks will happen when they start booking venues. The only way to keep this a secret is to keep it between Axl, Slash and Duff.

WTF are you talking about? Slash recently said that the only way he can deal with Axl is with Izzy as the middle man...

No

• Like 1

I see no reason for Gilby over 4tus really. Bring back Izzy, but if he doesn't want it, then 4tus is just as fine as any hired hand (not to mention he is a better player than Gilby Clarke)

If a reunion really happens, i don't think Slash or anybody gives a flying fuck about each others feelings.... a potential new album is highly unlikely (given Axl's track record) so it doesn't really matter

Like it or not, It's all about the dollars sadly :shrugs:

Exactly. Why bother bringing Gilby back, bringing him up to snuff (if possible), and firing a guy who's already 100% ready for the job? The average person isn't going to give a fuck about the rhythm guitarist if it's not Izzy. They can just focus on the "Axl, Slash and Duff" trio and have Fortus and Sorum/whoever be heard and not seen.''

That said, I think this is all a non issue. In the event of a reunion tour, I imagine Izzy would be willing to play out the shows (even if he was just miming to a backing track with his amp muted).

Edited by bacardimayne

Slash would be nice for the stage presence, but they need Fortus to do the heavy lifting musically- kinda like Ronnie Wood does for Keith Richards.

Wut. Slash is perfectly capable of playing a GNR set.

That said, I do wonder if Estranged would remain on the setlist.

are you trying to bait me or what?

Bait you into what? Explaining the logic behind your thinking? Yes.

If you think that a reunion is due around 2017, what are the big plans for next year and the news fernando speaks about? Anything outside of a new album means they need new guitarists and likely a new bassist. Then they disband for the "reunion." It doesn't make sense.

Well to be technical Fortus and Frank have only said that GNR will have a big year next year. Who knows which GNR....and Fernando will likely not present any big news. His announcement is suppose to come anytime between now and 60 days

My point is that anything big for GNR next year outside of an album or reunion means they will be recruiting new members only to disband in 2017(according to the logic of the other poster that would expect a reunion in 2017).

No I'm not. Fortus is a reminder to Slash etc of the hideous 'nugnr' era. He is inherently an 'Axl man'.

Slash asked Fortus to join the Conspirators a few years back, what are you talking about ?

• Like 1

Bait you into what? Explaining the logic behind your thinking? Yes.

If you think that a reunion is due around 2017, what are the big plans for next year and the news fernando speaks about? Anything outside of a new album means they need new guitarists and likely a new bassist. Then they disband for the "reunion." It doesn't make sense.

i more or less chalked what Fortus and Fernado said as them talking out of their ass....i don't expect them to say "yeah GNR is dead, nothing is going on" saying that stuff is in store (but wont divulge on what or when) it keeps people interested then when nothing happens they can make up some excuse as to why it didn't happen if questioned

but i even said in my post if im wrong then im wrong and i'd actually be glad if im wrong

Edited by -HollywoodRose-

The only people that know anything are Duff, Axl and Slash. Anyone else is irrelevant. If the reunion is being put together it is in very early stages, the leaks will happen when they start booking venues. The only way to keep this a secret is to keep it between Axl, Slash and Duff.

WTF are you talking about? Slash recently said that the only way he can deal with Axl is with Izzy as the middle man...

You know I just say stuff for the sake of saying it. I'm glad someone finally called me out, most just ignore the garbage I post. I've missed seeing Magisme calling us out for saying dumb stuff. I'm glad you are here to do that now. I was getting worried I could just say the same thing over and over in different ways and nobody would say anything.

Obviously my post is simply saying that the only people who know anything are Duff Slash and Axl. But who cares right. It's the same nonsense said over and over again as we get more silence from GNR's camp.

• Like 1