The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Axl was being brutally honest about his lying. Got it.

And who the hell cares? He's off in Malibu, eating rich foods, spending all his time with a substitute mommy, handing total control of his legacy to an absolute moron who keeps making PATIENCE puns...

He's not holed away in a studio, working hard on creating art. Face it, he had a moment of brilliance decades ago, when he was surrounded by the right creative partners at the right time.

You don't know what Axl is doing so enough with the horseshit. And again, no, you don't seem to be getting much of anything.

Edited by Rovim

And who the hell cares? He's off in Malibu, eating rich foods, spending all his time with a substitute mommy, handing total control of his legacy to an absolute moron who keeps making PATIENCE puns...

He's not holed away in a studio, working hard on creating art. Face it, he had a moment of brilliance decades ago, when he was surrounded by the right creative partners at the right time.

You don't know what Axl is doing so enough with the horseshit. And again, no, you don't seem to be getting much of anything.

Anything of what? Your tirade about lying? With all due respect, it sounds like you should be institutionalized. Locked in a straight jacket.

Anything of what? Your tirade about lying? With all due respect, it sounds like you should be institutionalized. Locked in a straight jacket.

The fact everybody lies, for example. Brutally honest people as well. Like Axl always seemed to be. As Slash said.

Edited by Rovim

hate to add to the rumors, but this "flyer" just appeared for Coachella... Sometimes these things are spot on, and sometimes they are completely wrong...

PicsArt_12-12-06.04.41_zpsz8ixidhf.jpg

i have no reason to believe this was made by a GNR fan either... unless I'm stupid and they mashed up old Coachella lineups, all the other bands are pretty popular and have been doing the festival circuits for some time

As much as I love kittens, where's the real picture? ;)

Actually, that's the real picture. Coachallea will be headlined by the Kittycats.

Edited by Kenan
  • Like 1

I'm not going to talk about a reunion until Axl makes a statement.

If there are talks for a reunion I bet it's the managements of the different members discussing the whole plan.

I still say Axl will have the final word unless he doesn't give a shit anymore and will just do it for the fans and the money. I would hope Axl would do it for the fans. Do a reunion and then retire so he won't have to discuss it anymore.

You don't seriously think that Axl Rose is doing anything work-related, do you? He's quite possibly lazier than the fictional Jeffrey Lebowski.

You don't seriously think that Axl Rose is doing anything work-related, do you? He's quite possibly lazier than the fictional Jeffrey Lebowski.

I think I don't know what Axl Rose is doing. But he said the album is done. But also he's a tinker. So I guess it's possible, like he'll tinker a little when he's in the mood between chili burgers and really long naps. But yeah, I think it's possible he gets some work done sometimes. He likes the studio it seems. It's not always work for an artist to create. When he's in the mood.

Edited by Rovim

And Slash is a good example to support my opinion: he lied about going to Axl's house, but he's not considered a liar by most.

Marc said Slash lies, but explained that it's small lies, that he's not a liar. Marc makes the distinction between Slash and a liar, cause he takes into consideration various factors you don't. It's not black and white cause everybody lies.

The extent is a big factor. The reason. If the person cares or feels like shit when they lie. If they even need a reason. Cause some people love to lie or consider it too useful of a tool to not do it most of the time.

And some people fuckin' hate lying, makes them feel like shit, so they rarely do it cause it's not worth it for them. They need a good enough of a reason to do it. Like Brian May.

How did he lie about going to Axl's house?

Say Rovim, if I brutally raped you but in my mind, it was just a small kiss to your cheek, would you be ok with that?

I don't know, I was never brutally raped by a South American ladyboy before.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

And Slash is a good example to support my opinion: he lied about going to Axl's house, but he's not considered a liar by most.

Marc said Slash lies, but explained that it's small lies, that he's not a liar. Marc makes the distinction between Slash and a liar, cause he takes into consideration various factors you don't. It's not black and white cause everybody lies.

The extent is a big factor. The reason. If the person cares or feels like shit when they lie. If they even need a reason. Cause some people love to lie or consider it too useful of a tool to not do it most of the time.

And some people fuckin' hate lying, makes them feel like shit, so they rarely do it cause it's not worth it for them. They need a good enough of a reason to do it. Like Brian May.

It was a brutally honest lie. Salsh just needs a little PATIENCE. hashtag#TaylorMomsen

• Like 1

If I recall he denied it at first then admitted it but said he never spoke to Axl.

Not this shit again. Just no, Apollo. Let's just say Slash is not exactly brutally honest.

You made a statement that isn't true.

Slash never denied going to Axl's house. He said he DIDN'T talk to Axl. Which is 100% accurate.

So why are you lying? You've been on this weird kick lately trying to defend Axl's lies......I'm just trying to figure out why you are lying about things Slash has said or done.

Slash never denied going to Axl's house. He said he DIDN'T talk to Axl. Which is 100% accurate.

So why are you lying? You've been on this weird kick lately trying to defend Axl's lies......I'm just trying to figure out why you are lying about things Slash has said or done.

Yes, Slash did, in fact, deny it. I remember it. Then he admitted he did go to Axl's house in the middle of the night and he was drunk. Perla convinced him to do it. There was shit going on with VR at the time after Axl got his lawyer to tell on Slash, and Slash didn't want to make it worse so he dealt with it that way. I can understand his reason.

Edited by Rovim

Not this shit again. Just no, Apollo. Let's just say Slash is not exactly brutally honest.

Axl worship

If I recall he denied it at first then admitted it but said he never spoke to Axl.

Naw. It was just the normal Slash haters twisting what he said in their weird obsession of worshipping Axl and hating Slash.

People twisted "I never talked to Axl" into him saying he never went to Axl's house.

Kind of like how they twist things anybody says to make it fit their agenda. Hell it was pretty recent that people were saying Axl didn't really mean GnR had two complete albums in the can when Axl said GnR had two college albums in the can.

Yes, Slash did, in fact, deny it. I remember it. Then he admitted he did go to Axl's house in the middle of the night and he was drunk. Perla convinced him to do it. There was shit going on with VR at the time after Axl got his lawyer to tell on Slash, and Slash didn't want to make it worse so he dealt with it that way. I can understand his reason.

Slash even admitted I his book that he lied about it, but maybe he was lying about lying.

Naw. It was just the normal Slash haters twisting what he said in their weird obsession of worshipping Axl and hating Slash.

People twisted "I never talked to Axl" into him saying he never went to Axl's house.

Kind of like how they twist things anybody says to make it fit their agenda. Hell it was pretty recent that people were saying Axl didn't really mean GnR had two complete albums in the can when Axl said GnR had two college albums in the can.

People didn't twist shit. Slash has admitted he lied about that. You just like to pounce and educate people that don't share your opinion on Axl it seems. Doesn't change the fact Slash did go to Axl's house, lied about it, and then admitted he went to see him. I never said Slash actually talked to Axl, just that he lied about going to his house in the middle of the night.

And you also seem to love your Axl vs. Slash horseshit. Or more accurately, that sweet, sweet feeling of thinking you're a better fan compared to those who, god forbid, don't see it as black and white as you do.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

From the Camp Freddy interview in May 2006 it certainly seems like Slash is denying both going to Axl's house and speaking to him:

Slash: It was a lot of this stuff was built to promote the next Guns record and the tour and all that kind of stuff, 'cause there was this blatantly fabricated thing in there that I'd gone to his house and that he and I had a conversation in which I said all this stuff about my bandmates. And it's just blatantly untrue. For one, I have not talked to the guy in any way, shape or form since 1996, so it's going on 11 years. [Laughs] So that's basically it. There's just no truth to it. And all things considered, it put lot of whatever in people's minds that I was that kind of a guy, so it's… there you have it. So it's not true.
So yeah, it seems like Slash first tried to deny the whole thing, then later on in Home News Tribune admitted to actually visiting but just talking to Beta ("I actually did go to Axl's house at one point, but I never saw him. I never talked to him. I left a note with his person over there having to do with lawsuit that we were in"). That was also reported by the media in 2006 as "Slash [now] admits visiting Axl's house". It could be that he is just bad at expressing himself, or that he felt the story was a bit embarrasing and tried a little lie. Personally I just don't think he is very clever and didn't get why his first comment could be construed as him denying the whole visit and not just the talking bit, prompting him to later say that he "don't know how it got turned into what it got turned into". The current situation could also stem from Slash not being overly precise or aware of the effect of things he says and how it will be interpreted, or chooses to not deny, in interviews.
Edited by SoulMonster

People didn't twist shit. Slash has admitted he lied about that. You just like to pounce and educate people that don't share your opinion on Axl it seems. Doesn't change the fact Slash did go to Axl's house, lied about it, and then admitted he went to see him. I never said Slash actually talked to Axl, just that he lied about going to his house in the middle of the night.

And you also seem to love your Axl vs. Slash horseshit. Or more accurately, that sweet, sweet feeling of thinking you're a better fan compared to those who, god forbid, don't see it as black and white as you do.

Rawr. Why so mad bro? We are talking about a rock band. No need to get angry and make personal attacks.

I don't think I'm a better fan than anybody else. What a stupid thing to say. Again. This is a rock band we are talking about.

But your back and white comment does hold value. You might be better off taking Axl and Slash's comments at FACE value instead of always injecting your own personal beliefs (or desires) into what you "think" they actually "meant."

Edited by Apollo