The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Slash lies. I thought we clarified that above.

And the way it really is imo, even though some people refuse to admit it, is that Axl rarely lies. He will avoid questions, and try to defend himself with taking little if any responsibility, he will promise things that never become a reality, keep his mouth shut for years, but I think honesty is a big thing for him. Always was from what I can tell as a fan.

Slash lies. I thought we clarified that above.

And the way it really is imo, even though some people refuse to admit it, is that Axl rarely lies. He will avoid questions, and try to defend himself with taking little if any responsibility, he will promise things that never become a reality, keep his mouth shut for years, but I think honesty is a big thing for him. Always was from what I can tell as a fan.

Could u just shut up already. Noone gives a fuck about all this

• Like 3

so a quick browse through that forum thread that someone posted here yesterday, and i couldn't find a replica of the picture that i had posted yesterday... and now its taken down? interesting..

I'm sure it was just a random user generated one like HV pointed out.

i don't see what Axl lied about?

Some people call what Axl said about trilogies a lie. As if musicians are not fickle and change their minds about their music, especially when they're obsessive and insecure.

There was also the taking over of the name thing. Some fans don't believe Axl, he denies it was shoplifting. Many don't even want to seriously look into it. Axl fired 'em all or was a tyrant anyway, so fuck his lying ass.

He said in Rio 2001 he'll come back next year with a bunch of new songs, never came back. As if everything goes always according to plans.

Same bat time, same bat channel, but what Axl actually said was: "No, maybe same bat time, same bat channel next year, but we'll have to see" in reply to whether or not he has any idea when he would like to release CD ll. He never said it will definitely come out next year when he said that.

The only lie was about the Illusion tour as far as I can tell. He said he didn't want to do it fairly recently, but then he said he's excited to do it.

It's weird when Slash says Axl is brutally honest, but a lying asshole is how many see him, or it's just 3 or 4 people, not sure.

Edited by Rovim

i don't see what Axl lied about?

Some people call what Axl said about trilogies a lie. As if musicians are not fickle and change their minds about their music, especially when they're obsessive and insecure.

There was also the taking over of the name thing. Some fans don't believe Axl, he denies it was shoplifting. Many don't even want to seriously look into it. Axl fired 'em all or was a tyrant anyway, so fuck his lying ass.

He said in Rio 2001 he'll come back with a bunch of new songs, never came back. As if everything goes always according to plans.

Same bat time, same bat channel, but what Axl actually said was: "No, maybe same bat time, same bat channel next year, but we'll have to see" in reply to whether or not he has any idea when he would like to release CD ll. He never said it will definitely come out next year when he said that.

The only lie was about the Illusion tour as far as I can tell. He said he didn't want to do it fairly recently, but then he said he's excited to do it.

It's weird when Slash says Axl is brutally honest, but a lying asshole is how many see him, or it's just 3 or 4 people, not sure.

None of that is lying. Shit just doesn't always work out.

Hard to say about the name. There's nothing to lie about? He felt it was his name and then they signed. They presented it like it was backstage before a show but it wasn't. Nobody stood up to Axl, it seems like there was a culture of just keep the party going. Might be a dick move but he's not lying.

He's explained why he sees the name as his and his intentions and whys etc. he even said how he formed a new partnership that Slash refused to join. This with saying he kept the name in part because he'd go bankrupt and fail without it is what I would say is brutally honest. There's no need to be that honest about it.

Rovim used to be a rational poster but now he's like brainwashed :facepalm:

Rovim, how often are brutally honest people are allowed to lie? And what lies are we talking about. It seems like you're the ultimate lie inspector so it should be not that hard for you to answer this question.

And now how do you know how often Axl's lying? How often is he lying to Beta about not eating the sandwich out of the fridge, or how often is he lying to himself. Could you be a brutally honest person when you're lying to your self all the time?

hate to add to the rumors, but this "flyer" just appeared for Coachella... Sometimes these things are spot on, and sometimes they are completely wrong...

PicsArt_12-12-06.04.41_zpsz8ixidhf.jpg

i have no reason to believe this was made by a GNR fan either... unless I'm stupid and they mashed up old Coachella lineups, all the other bands are pretty popular and have been doing the festival circuits for some time

As much as I love kittens, where's the real picture? ;)

Actually, that's the real picture. Coachallea will be headlined by the Kittycats.

They're an up and coming band. "I barfed on the floor and covered it with your clothes" is a great song

• Like 1

Apparently there's no such thing as a brutally honest person?

Someone on each side of this give a short definition of what a brutally honest person actually is.

Or else we could go back to speculating on whether Fortus will take ALL of Izzy's solos.

And Slash is a good example to support my opinion: he lied about going to Axl's house, but he's not considered a liar by most.

Marc said Slash lies, but explained that it's small lies, that he's not a liar. Marc makes the distinction between Slash and a liar, cause he takes into consideration various factors you don't. It's not black and white cause everybody lies.

The extent is a big factor. The reason. If the person cares or feels like shit when they lie. If they even need a reason. Cause some people love to lie or consider it too useful of a tool to not do it most of the time.

And some people fuckin' hate lying, makes them feel like shit, so they rarely do it cause it's not worth it for them. They need a good enough of a reason to do it. Like Brian May.

How did he lie about going to Axl's house?

From the Camp Freddy interview in May 2006 it certainly seems like Slash is denying both going to Axl's house and speaking to him:

Slash: It was a lot of this stuff was built to promote the next Guns record and the tour and all that kind of stuff, 'cause there was this blatantly fabricated thing in there that I'd gone to his house and that he and I had a conversation in which I said all this stuff about my bandmates. And it's just blatantly untrue. For one, I have not talked to the guy in any way, shape or form since 1996, so it's going on 11 years. [Laughs] So that's basically it. There's just no truth to it. And all things considered, it put lot of whatever in people's minds that I was that kind of a guy, so it's there you have it. So it's not true.

So yeah, it seems like Slash first tried to deny the whole thing, then later on in Home News Tribune admitted to actually visiting but just talking to Beta ("I actually did go to Axl's house at one point, but I never saw him. I never talked to him. I left a note with his person over there having to do with lawsuit that we were in"). That was also reported by the media in 2006 as "Slash [now] admits visiting Axl's house". It could be that he is just bad at expressing himself, or that he felt the story was a bit embarrasing and tried a little lie. Personally I just don't think he is very clever and didn't get why his first comment could be construed as him denying the whole visit and not just the talking bit, prompting him to later say that he "don't know how it got turned into what it got turned into". The current situation could also stem from Slash not being overly precise or aware of the effect of things he says and how it will be interpreted, or chooses to not deny, in interviews.

Lol.

Why didn't u highlight the rest of the sentence?

Because that was irrelevant. The "AND" implies that he BOTH didn't go to Axl's house NOR had talked to him. I know it is an awkward sentence, but that is what he said and THAT is what the media went with. Slash's response to the ruckus was to say he was going to make a public announcement to clear things up...that didn't come. Instead he basically left VR, took away his gear from Matt's house, and claims to have holed up at home. His band mates in VR actually believed Axl's press release about Slash coming to Axl's house and saying shit about them. Chew on that. They believed Axl over Slash. They believed that he had tried to get back in GN'R, said bad stuff about them to Axl, and then lied about it all. Then, later, when Slash admitted to actually have visited the house, the media presented it as a confession.

I am not claiming that what Slash said in the Camp Freddy interview is a lie, as such. I was just posting that interview quote so you can see where people get it from. When he spoke that awkward sentence he might just have been sloppy in expressing himself. Slash is often that. It might not have been an intentional lie to hide the fact that he had visited Axl. But he could have cleared it up, right then and there in the interview or later when media went with it. He didn't have to wait for a long time and then, with puzzlement, state that he "don't know how it gor turned into what it got turned into", It got turned into what it got turned into because he is sloppy with facts in interviews and bad at correcting what has been stated and presented by the media. One can hardly critizise fans for coming to the conclusion that he lied, or were deliberately vague, to hide the fact that in a crucial time in VR's existence he had gone to talk tto Axl. Later he would claim that he only went there to fix problems with a court case they were having, although Axl maintains that he went there to backstab his mates in VR and to get his job back in GN'R.

Apparently there's no such thing as a brutally honest person?

Someone on each side of this give a short definition of what a brutally honest person actually is.

Or else we could go back to speculating on whether Fortus will take ALL of Izzy's solos.

Brutally honest is when someone tells the truth with no regard for someone else's feelings or their own best interests.

How does this dress look?

It makes you look fat.

Why did she leave me?

She left you because you're a junkie piece of shit with no money.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

Please point to any lies Axl have told. Now he doesn't include us at all when it comes to plans, not even an album title. He's very careful cause I think he doesn't want another shitstorm on his ass like what happened with Chinese.

"He's in my ass, that's where slash is."

Its never been confirmed but I'm pretty sure slash wasn't in Axl's ass during the 2002 tour.

• Like 1

Slash and everybody in the world lies.

Axl simply changes his mind.

Bit of a double standard.

I am not saying I agree with that statement, but surely you agree that there is a difference between lying and changing one's mind? A lie is defined as a statement intended to mislead someone. The rest is just people being wrong...

As I stated earlier, I am not sure Slash in that interview was lying about not having visited Axl. And with lie I mean intentionally saying something he knew wasn't the truth ;). I am more leaning towards the interpretation that he was a bit inprecise in how he worded things. That happens in interviews. Usually you would demand to proof-read everything before press to make sure you don't come across as ambiguous, but not everyone cares to do that. No biggie.

I do think he lied in his book, though, when he claimed he only went to Axl's house to fix issues with the ongoing court case. I think that is a blatant lie. Althoguh I am not 100 % sure on this. I reserve the right to be wrong :)

The reason why I think he lies about this, is that someone has to lie (it is either him or Axl). And based on the claims, based on how Slash behaved afterwads, and based on how his band mates in VR acted, I believe it is Slash that lied and not Axl. Again, this is just something I believe. It is conjecture.

What I find particularly telling is that Slash never acted outraged by what Axl stated in the press release (= Slash's ugly characterisics of his band mates in VR), as far as I know. I mean, if I was the subject of such false claims, if I was the subject of a direct attempt at character assasination, if someone tried to fuck things yp with me and my band, then I would protest strongly. Slash never really did that. He just stated he went there to try to get the court case fixed. He never expressed any anger over Axl trying to fuck things up with him and VR. This should be grounds for lasting bitterness in Slash, but none such resentment is really found in Slash after this incident.

What he did, though, was say that an announcment was coming, which never came, and basically left VR. He acted like the content of the press release was true. He acted like he had said those things, presumably to get on Axl's good side, but then it all bit him in the ass when Axl decided to make it public. He acted like he was caught out and that his relationship with VR had ended. That is why he basically left teh band afterwards. And what is perhaps worse, his bandmates acted like it was true, too.

That is why I believe Slash lies about it in his book.

Edited by SoulMonster

Ok. I was away for several hours ( I had to go to sleep, I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore).

Did I miss something? Did the reunion happen?

It happened and it got over also, sad you missed it. You will never again get to hear those amazing piano solo's played by mothergoose titman.