The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

They mad dont worry.

Sebastian Bach listened to The Genreal years ago. We know he loved it.

Which is entirely meaningless.

Everything is meaningless. Your posts for example. Your opinions. Your existence. But yeah, my point was that we are being kept in the dark, with no music in 7 years and CD ll is done for 15, while some of Axl's buddies get to hear it, but not his fans.

Not even new information about new music, not even an album title. So we rely on rumors and hearsay, and that's cause of how Axl chooses to operate.

The behavior of the fans is expected, not ridiculous. If Axl wasn't so insecure, maybe we wouldn't have to guess and imagine what is going on with the band. Maybe something, maybe nothing, we don't know, as always.

Fortus said big things in 2016. Downzy said they plan to do something in 2016, but probably meaningless as well.

Edited by Rovim

Bach also said Sorry was a death metal song.

He said "almost like Doom metal". He was trying to roughly describe the vibe of the song, the style, which he did. It does have some elements that remind me of doom metal. That's all he meant I think.

• Like 3

Del tweeted a pic hanging out with Danny Lohner from NIN.

Could be collaborating wit Axl on CD2

This is what I love about GN'R fans. Something so meaningless as two people hanging out, is twisted into the idea that it's something big

Well Atlas Shrugged is a great song, the old solo is better than the new one.

Really? I enjoy Slash's new solo more. It's that screaming bend at the end before the chorus.

Slash did a great job on it, but I prefer Brian May's solo, even though Slash bought a different touch to it, Ron's solo was very awful and don't even talk about the solo Ashba did, my laptop showed an error saying "THIS SHIT CANNOT BE PLAYED"

Del tweeted a pic hanging out with Danny Lohner from NIN.

Could be collaborating wit Axl on CD2

Well Del even hung around with this guy, I assume he replaced Bumblefoot.

• Like 1

Bach has heard a song that back then was called The General and could have some sort of vocal lines recorded. Said song might have been canned or completely changed over the years. It's safe to say that said song may not exist anymore. Bachs opinion on it is meaningless.

Atlas Shrugged has Thomas Jefferson and Raymond Burr guesting on it, and any other random persona you care to mention. We know this from Wasted and Rovim's stoned musings.

Here's what we know:

- Brian May has played on it

- Bumble played on it

- Zutaut thought it was the only song that was maybe single material at the time he was working for Axl. Said: "Atlas Shrugged was pretty good"

- sounds like somewhere between 70's glam rock and November Rain (best description of a song ever)

- it contains a G chord

- the title of the song is subject to change Axl said and it applies to all the songs he confirmed to be real, including Atlas.

- Finally: Bumble thinks it's an interesting song. This is what he had to say about the solo he composed for it and why it remains an unreleased song:

"Atlas Shrugged, I was going to tell a little story about that song. Right now on my laptop, I actually have the old guitar solo that I played for that song, when, two days before the album was going to be mastered, I was like, let's see if we can squeeze it on to the album. I busted out some guitar tracks for it, I have my own studio...

But, because the CD could only be 74 minutes max, and it would've taken it past the limit of what a CD can store, we couldn't put Atlas Shrugged on Chinese Democracy. It wasn't worth making a two-CD album with just one song on the other CD, so hopefully, on ChiDem 2, it'll have Atlas Shrugged on there. Interesting song." (Bumblefoot, Eat More Heat, March 2013)

Edited by Rovim

The only thing I can most likely rightfully assume about Atlas Shrugged is that it has no chorus. And that we will never hear Brian May's takes on it. Unless it does still sound exactly like 70s rock, and Axl thought his solo would fit better than BBF (because that was the exact reason Axl gave on why he was replaced by BBF on CITR, because it didn't mesh with the new album version)

Together we walked this road

No matter where we go

Oh my Atlas Shrugged

Now don't leave me alone

Deep down in my heart

Where we had a home

In the snow flakes of Atlas Shrugged

Now don't leave me alone

Ohhhh ohhhh Atlas Shrugged

Ohhhh Ohhhh Atlas Shrugged

AHHHH AHHHH AHHHHHH

The solo which comes after this part, it is pretty good, the one which Brian May did.

• Like 1

hate to add to the rumors, but this "flyer" just appeared for Coachella... Sometimes these things are spot on, and sometimes they are completely wrong...

PicsArt_12-12-06.04.41_zpsz8ixidhf.jpg

i have no reason to believe this was made by a GNR fan either... unless I'm stupid and they mashed up old Coachella lineups, all the other bands are pretty popular and have been doing the festival circuits for some time

Edited by KeyserSoze

hate to add to the rumors, but this "flyer" just appeared for Coachella... Sometimes these things are spot on, and sometimes they are completely wrong...

i have no reason to believe this was made by a GNR fan either... unless I'm stupid and they mashed up old Coachella lineups, all the other bands are pretty popular and have been doing the festival circuits for some time

The only thing I find odd is that they list the rumored hybrid line-up. I wouldn't see why they'd list the names.

The only thing I find odd is that they list the rumored hybrid line-up. I wouldn't see why they'd list the names.

for what its worth, the Voodoo lineup this year instead of having "Ozzy and Friends" it had "Ozzy Osbourne" and then listed out all who were performing with him. I know thats a totally different situation, but i guess it showed people who you were paying to see. Some people might see just "Guns N' Roses" and think "oh that band from the 80's!!!" or you will have people like us who will see it and say "Soooo NuGNR? Classic GNR? Hybrid?"

Voodoo-Lineup_2015-Poster.jpg

for what its worth, the Voodoo lineup this year instead of having "Ozzy and Friends" it had "Ozzy Osbourne" and then listed out all who were performing with him. I know thats a totally different situation, but i guess it showed people who you were paying to see. Some people might see just "Guns N' Roses" and think "oh that band from the 80's!!!" or you will have people like us who will see it and say "Soooo NuGNR? Classic GNR? Hybrid?"

That's interesting, thanks for the follow up.

I just hope anything at all happens sooner than later.