The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I just wondered if that is when Axl and Slash buried the axe. But Axl said he still wanted to do CD and Slash said he'd do solo work til Axl was ready to rock.

You are wondering if the moment when Axl went public with all the negative characteristics Slash (allegedly and presumably confidentially) said about his band mates in VR, thus portraying Slash as a backstabbing pathetic figure and threatening his future in VR, was the moment when they buried the hatchet? I don't know about you, but to me that is a pretty bad foundation for bonding.

I just wondered if that is when Axl and Slash buried the axe. But Axl said he still wanted to do CD and Slash said he'd do solo work til Axl was ready to rock.

You are wondering if the moment when Axl went public with all the negative characteristics Slash (allegedly and presumably confidentially) said about his band mates in VR, thus portraying Slash as a backstabbing pathetic figure and threatening his future in VR, was the moment when they buried the hatchet? I don't know about you, but to me that is a pretty bad foundation for bonding.

So you are taking Beta's word on the conversation she had with Slash?

What does that say about Beta's character? She had a private conversation with a drunk guy and shared it with the world. And shared negative information he said (or didn't say) about the guy's band knowing it would cause his career harm.

People were crucifying Vicky Hamilton for sharing a slash tweet. But beta shares (or lies) about extremely hurtful things from a private convo and nobody blinks an eye?

Did Scott and Duff respond with Anger at Slash? Did they stop being friends with him? The way some of you tie unrelated events together to make them fit your agenda is quite impressive.

• Like 1

So you are taking Beta's word on the conversation she had with Slash?

What does that say about Beta's character? She had a private conversation with a drunk guy and shared it with the world. And shared negative information he said (or didn't say) about the guy's band knowing it would cause his career harm.

People were crucifying Vicky Hamilton for sharing a slash tweet. But beta shares (or lies) about extremely hurtful things from a private convo and nobody blinks an eye?

Did Scott and Duff respond with Anger at Slash? Did they stop being friends with him? The way some of you tie unrelated events together to make them fit your agenda is quite impressive.

Yes, I am slightly inclined to trust Beta's version of what happened over Slash's.

What it says about Beta's character? Nothing. She wasn't the one releasing the press release. I assume Slash asked her to tell Axl what he (Slash) thought about his comrades in VR, as well as the other things that was said. I see no reason why Axl's PA shouldn't come to Axl with this.

Yes, it seems like the relationshop between Scott/Duff and Slash was worsened by this incident. Slash admits as much himself in his book. Although the squared up eventually. hwo knows what lasting damage it had to VR, though.

What "unrelated events" are you talking about?

Edited by SoulMonster

without Izzy it's not guns n roses. izzy's signature guitar sound can't be overstated

Yeah, just listen to UYIs, his guitar sound can barely be heard.

is that so?

the UYI albums have some killer rhythm guitar. RNDTH, double talking jive etc have some of my favorite rhythm parts

without Izzy it's not guns n roses. izzy's signature guitar sound can't be overstated

is that so?

the UYI albums have some killer rhythm guitar. RNDTH, double talking jive etc have some of my favorite rhythm parts

You Could Be Mine

His guitar was turned down during the live performances, not on the albums.

I was more thinking about Slash's claim hat he doubled up on Izzy on the UYIs records so that Izzy didn't really end up playing much, and the claim that he barely played on his own songs.

Haha imagine if they did it on the albums like he is a child with one of them diddy plastic quitars playing while a cd is playing the parents clapping it on making the child illuded into the fought it is actually playing

They turned down his amps or made someone stand infront of it cause Izzy used to be high and all and couldn't play properly, I remember Axl saying that regarding Izzy in one of his chats.

Izzy can indeed play, but even when he came on stage with NuGNR, it would not even have mattered if his guitar was there or not cause it felt like his guitar was not even plugged in, nor he played his own solo's of nightrain or think about you which is a shame.

IF this reunion happens and IF he is there, I hope he plays his own solo's and some of his solo stuff too which is pretty good.

I was more thinking about Slash's claim hat he doubled up on Izzy on the UYIs records so that Izzy didn't really end up playing much, and the claim that he barely played on his own songs.

When the UYI recording started, Izzy was not even there in the beginning, I guess he was in rehab after that pissing in the plane incident. He disconnected himself with the band for obvious reasons, I guess more than 70% was recorded when Izzy came in the studio and whatever went in the mix was the decision of all the members, if Izzy had a problem with Slash or anyone, he would have said it.

i mean, there's a huge difference between doubling up on parts and having someone not play them. he probably did double izzy's parts to fatten up the sound for the record.

This is when the reunion cover up started. I think it's at least when Slash was over the feud. It's possible Axl has had to keep up the act to promote CD. We always get the art 10 years late.