The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Did Slash ever do any VR after going up to Axl's house and calling Weiland a fraud?

Yes, Libertad was released a year later in July of 2007, and Slash's book detailing the incident about Perla driving him to Axl's house to talk came out around November of 2007.

Further on this, Velvet Revolver were touring up until April 1st 2008 (their last show was in Amsterdam), unless you are including that one off reunion in 2012.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Did Slash ever do any VR after going up to Axl's house and calling Weiland a fraud?

Yes, Libertad was released a year later in July of 2007, and Slash's book detailing the incident about Perla driving him to Axl's house to talk came out around November of 2007.

So Slash went up to Axls house in 2006, I read Oct?

Slash said the note was about the lawsuit and ending the feud.

I think VR were already having problems so it seems like something Slash might say at the time. Slash has a tendecy to say stuff then later say something that contradicts it.

Stuff like this

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/did-axl-rose-swindle-guns-n-roses-and-steal-slashs-song-a-guide-to-roses-online-rants-20081215

without Izzy it's not guns n roses. izzy's signature guitar sound can't be overstated

Yeah, just listen to UYIs, his guitar sound can barely be heard.

His guitar was turned down during the live performances, not on the albums.

I was more thinking about Slash's claim hat he doubled up on Izzy on the UYIs records so that Izzy didn't really end up playing much, and the claim that he barely played on his own songs.

i mean, there's a huge difference between doubling up on parts and having someone not play them. he probably did double izzy's parts to fatten up the sound for the record.

Don't you think that doubling up the sound would make Izzy's guitar less discernable and audible?

I think VR were already having problems so it seems like something Slash might say at the time. Slash has a tendecy to say stuff then later say something that contradicts it.

Slash went to Axl's house in October 2005.

VR was having problems at the time, Slash talks about it in his book. Axl's press release came at a bad time for Slash and his relationship with VR. Curiously enough, his band mates seemed to think at the time that the contents of the press release was true. That is rather telling. They actually thought Slash harboured such feelings for them and, assumingly, was exploring the possibility of a return to GN'R.

without Izzy it's not guns n roses. izzy's signature guitar sound can't be overstated

I was more thinking about Slash's claim hat he doubled up on Izzy on the UYIs records so that Izzy didn't really end up playing much, and the claim that he barely played on his own songs.

i mean, there's a huge difference between doubling up on parts and having someone not play them. he probably did double izzy's parts to fatten up the sound for the record.

Don't you think that doubling up the sound would make Izzy's guitar less discernable and audible?

VR was having problems at the time, Slash talks about it in his book. Axl's press release came at a bad time for Slash and his relationship with VR. Curiously enough, his band mates seemed to think at the time that the contents of the press release was true. That is rather telling. They actually thought Slash harboured such feelings for them and, assumingly, was exploring the possibility of a return to GN'R.

The fact that they didn't just say He wouldn't say that. What a life. VR is falling apart, you're suing Axl, the the next minute you're drunk trying to end the feud by taking a note up to Axl's mansion. You right in the eye of the tornado there.

The fact that they didn't just say He wouldn't say that. What a life. VR is falling apart, you're suing Axl, the the next minute you're drunk trying to end the feud by taking a note up to Axl's mansion. You right in the eye of the tornado there.

According to Axl's press release he wasn't visibly intoxicated, whereas Slash makes a big point of being drunk, presumably to use that as an excuse for whatever happened.

Soul Monster, you started a thread to talk about the gate issue, why are you also bringing it up here?

That discussion originated here. I started a new thread about it because I found it interesting and deserving of its own thread. People are still talking about it here, though, and I reply to them.

According to Axl's press release he wasn't visibly intoxicated, whereas Slash makes a big point of being drunk, presumably to use that as an excuse for whatever happened.

A press release about it seems like a dick move but Axl probably isn't lying. Just brutally honest.

Axl fan logic from recently,

- You can be brutally honest but also a liar

- Despite being drunk and having no recollection you are clearly culpable for acts you may have potentially committed, theoretically.

- Axl does not beat up his women because his women sell his discarded crap

• Like 1

- Despite being drunk and having no recollection you are clearly culpable for acts you may have potentially committed, theoretically.

He lied once, and that was because he didn't want to do the tour cause he was burned out at the time. He did it anyway, and as the leader of the band he couldn't bitch cry about it like a cunt and then go on tour.

What you fail to understand is that brutally honest people are not robots. Your refusal to accept something so basic is the only thing that's illogical here.

Also, Slash says he was drunk. Doesn't mean it's true, but I hope it is cause it's amusing to me.

Axl doesn't beat any more women. That's in the past now.

Edited by Rovim

He lied once, and that was because he didn't want to do the tour cause he was burned out at the time. He did it anyway, and as the leader of the band he couldn't bitch cry about it like a cunt and then go on tour.

What you fail to understand is that brutally honest people are not robots. Your refusal to accept something so basic is the only thing that's illogical here.

Also, Slash says he was drunk. Doesn't mean it's true, but I hope it is cause it's amusing to me.

Axl doesn't beat any more women. That's in the past now.

No one has claimed that you are culpable for actions you have only potentially commited.

What I have been saying, though, and this point just seems to consistently escape you, is that IF you have no recollection of what you have done when drunk, then you shouldn't deny having done something you might have done. It's a trivial and minor point, really. I think you originally brought up this point as part of an argument that Slash wasn't necesarily lying when he claimed he didn't badmouth his bandmates, because he might have been so drunk he couldn't remember it. I agree with that, if he says something that isn't true because he simply has no recollection of it, it isn't technically lying, it is just being plain old wrong :shrugs:.

In the simplified world of GN'R fans the world consist of either liars or "truthers" (just like it consists of "evil" and "good", "being pro Axl or anti Axl", and all other kinds of banal dualisms). The real world, on the other hans, is populated people who both lie and tell the truth depending upon context, options available and what they have to lose. This also means that some people can be brutally honest about some things yet still lie when it comes to other things.

And welcome to Psychology and sociology 101!

Being brutally honest is basically just being an asshole. Does my ass look big in this? Yes. You can then go and lie your ass off about where you were last night.

Still 'days away' yeah? :lol:

Probably any day soon.

Brutally late.

Or, more accurately...never :lol:

Len it was due to be yesterday but Axl got stuck in KFC

Thats probably how Bucket got signed on. That decade making Chinese was just ginger bollocks chasing Buckethead round a chicken coup tryna get that thing off his head for the fried chicken he thought was under it :lol: