The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

And Slash is a good example to support my opinion: he lied about going to Axl's house, but he's not considered a liar by most.

Marc said Slash lies, but explained that it's small lies, that he's not a liar. Marc makes the distinction between Slash and a liar, cause he takes into consideration various factors you don't. It's not black and white cause everybody lies.

The extent is a big factor. The reason. If the person cares or feels like shit when they lie. If they even need a reason. Cause some people love to lie or consider it too useful of a tool to not do it most of the time.

And some people fuckin' hate lying, makes them feel like shit, so they rarely do it cause it's not worth it for them. They need a good enough of a reason to do it. Like Brian May.

How did he lie about going to Axl's house?

From the Camp Freddy interview in May 2006 it certainly seems like Slash is denying both going to Axl's house and speaking to him:

Slash: It was a lot of this stuff was built to promote the next Guns record and the tour and all that kind of stuff, 'cause there was this blatantly fabricated thing in there that I'd gone to his house and that he and I had a conversation in which I said all this stuff about my bandmates. And it's just blatantly untrue. For one, I have not talked to the guy in any way, shape or form since 1996, so it's going on 11 years. [Laughs] So that's basically it. There's just no truth to it. And all things considered, it put lot of whatever in people's minds that I was that kind of a guy, so it's there you have it. So it's not true.

So yeah, it seems like Slash first tried to deny the whole thing, then later on in Home News Tribune admitted to actually visiting but just talking to Beta ("I actually did go to Axl's house at one point, but I never saw him. I never talked to him. I left a note with his person over there having to do with lawsuit that we were in"). That was also reported by the media in 2006 as "Slash [now] admits visiting Axl's house". It could be that he is just bad at expressing himself, or that he felt the story was a bit embarrasing and tried a little lie. Personally I just don't think he is very clever and didn't get why his first comment could be construed as him denying the whole visit and not just the talking bit, prompting him to later say that he "don't know how it got turned into what it got turned into". The current situation could also stem from Slash not being overly precise or aware of the effect of things he says and how it will be interpreted, or chooses to not deny, in interviews.

Lol.

Why didn't u highlight the rest of the sentence?

Take the ENTIRE sentence in context

You guys are taking a PORTION of a sentence and that's not how the world works.

I killed my wife last night...........at scrabble.

See how that sentence has a completely different meaning if you cut it in half?

Slash says he didn't go to Axl's house AND talk to Axl AND bad mouth band members.

Context boys.

Here is another one.

Police: Apollo, we have a report that you went to Taco Bell and hurled racial slurs at the cashier and urinated on the front counter.

Apollo: No way. I didn't go to Taco Bell last night and urinate or yell at anybody.

That doesn't mean I didn't go to Taco Bell

It means I didn't urinate or hurl racial slurs.

I know it's very important for some posters to find ways to bash Slash and praise Axl......but sometimes you people try way tooooo hard.

• Like 1

Lol.

Slash says he didn't go to Axl's house AND talk to Axl AND bad mouth band members.

Context boys.

Here is another one.

Police: Apollo, we have a report that you went to Taco Bell and hurled racial slurs at the cashier and urinated on the front counter.

Apollo: No way. I didn't go to Taco Bell last night and urinate or yell at anybody.

I know it's very important for some posters to find ways to bash Slash and praise Axl......but sometimes you people try way tooooo hard.

I love this post. You're still wrong as shit though.

Edited by Rovim

Lol.

Context boys.

Here is another one.

I love this post. You're still wrong as shit though.

I killed my wife last night at scrabble.

I killed my wife last night..,,,,

Both sentences totally mean the same thing.

But let's stop derailing the topic.

Is Axl going to release the two albums he said were finished?

Edited by Apollo

I'm still waiting for the 18 song album with 10 b sides that Axl said was coming out.

#BRUTALLY-HONEST-INTEGRITY

Please keep up: He was lying when he was being brutally honest then.

To be brutally honest, it's not easy keeping up

When he was lying, he was still a brutally honest person overall. It's possible to still be a brutally honest person overall, and only rarely lie, like he did then. Brutally honest people lie as well, cause they're still people.

Edited by Rovim

not sure if anyone saw this

Guns N’ Roses’ 2016 Drummer Revealed?

Frank Ferrer has posted a photo on his Instagram account where he is wearing a Guns N’ Roses sweater, and promoting ShopGunsNRoses.com. So it appears that Ferrer, who has been with the band since 2006, is either still with the band, or at the very least on very good terms. Ferrer wrote, “Happy Holidays from the Thunderchucker family! ShopGunsNRoses.com Twitter @frankferrer66.”

Last month, Melodic Rock reported that the lineup for Guns N’ Roses’ 2016 tour will be Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, and Dizzy Reed.

Eddie Trunk has posted a new blog where he reveals that Guns N’ Roses reunion talks have been going on over the last year.

“I have said for years I think one day some sort of reunion will happen. Why? Because it’s too big not to, the members are still relatively young, and the money is way too attractive to ignore. The main reason I would like to see it is because as a lifelong promoter of rock and metal it would give our genre a shot in the arm. I do believe and have been told by very reliable sources over the last year or so that indeed there have been talks. But “talks” can go several ways as we all know and have seen. Promoters can and sometimes do make offers for bands and tours not currently formed. Hoping the amount of money makes the bands reunite. Zeppelin, Floyd, etc. I have personally been asked to make offers to the guys in Skid Row to reunite by promoters half a dozen times over the years. Offers happen all the time, putting the pieces in place to make tours happen, not so much. Ego, politics, control, money, merch, control of the name and brand, all play a part. Factor in that when a band splits all the members now have their own managers and agents who must then negotiate. So I think 100% there are talks and hopes of doing something with GnR. How close they are or if they actually happen is anyone’s guess. It could be tomorrow, it could be in five years, it could be never. Unless you are on the very inside with lawyers, agents and managers you just don’t know. And with how volatile this stuff can be it could have been set and pulled off the table five times already for all we know.

Here’s where the fans can’t be blamed for speculation; there has been no announcement from any source that this ISN’T happening! To end this all that would need to happen is Slash, Duff, or Axl put out a statement saying this is not happening and they are staying on their current paths. They would have to be on another planet to not know it’s being talked about everywhere. But if Axl came out tomorrow and said “I have a new lineup, here are my new guys replacing Bumble and DJ, here’s what we are doing” , it would all be over. A statement from anyone killing it will stop all the madness. But since that has not happened you can’t blame any fan who wants this for dreaming. And it likely means there are still talks ongoing. So the speculation and rumors will continue until we get an announcement saying one thing or the other.”

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-2016-drummer-revealed/

When he was lying, he was still a brutally honest person overall. It's possible to still be a brutally honest person overall, and only rarely lie, like he did then. Brutally honest people lie as well, cause they're still people.

Rovim, this hole you are digging for yourself keeps getting bigger and bigger! Best put the spade away and give it up as a bad job?

Rovim, this hole you are digging for yourself keeps getting bigger and bigger! Best put the spade away and give it up as a bad job?

But it's true, everybody lies. Brutally honest people included. People are not robots. You can't always 100% be honest if you use language as a form of interaction on a regular basis.

We all lie. Just because you can't see there's no contradiction here doesn't mean I should "give up". Why would I give up when I'm right? makes no sense.

Edited by Rovim

Brutally honest people....lie...

Yes yes.

They are brutal in their honesty most of the time. They are dishonest some of the time. They are brutally honest cause it will take a very good reason for them to lie. They tell the truth most of the time. That is all that's possible, cause the fact everybody lies applies on them as well and that's because they're humans that regularly use language as a form of interaction.

Edited by Rovim

Let it go, people. Let's be brutally honest with ourselves and just use a lil' patience.

Have you guys seen the latest crop of sexy girls that the GNR facebook page is reposting? That page admin (whomever he/she may be wink wink) is sure gonna get lots of pussy from those girls now!

hashtag#integrity

new article from nme, some mistakes here and here,

Axl & Slash – The Long, Troubled History Of 2015's Most Surprising Friendship
Read more at http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/axl-slash-the-long-troubled-history-of-2015s-most-surprising-friendship?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social#z7y1YKxiGLiIFmwz.99

Edited by Silent Jay

Tired of the brutally honest people here. That's why people call Axl delusional.

He's brutally honest in his own mind. Meaning if he believes something to be true, he's going to be overly passionate about defending that position even if he's wrong.

I hate having to explain a joke but the word is delusional...that's brutal honesty.

Tired of the brutally honest people here. That's why people call Axl delusional.

He's brutally honest in his own mind. Meaning if he believes something to be true, he's going to be overly passionate about defending that position even if he's wrong.

I hate having to explain a joke but the word is delusional...that's brutal honesty.

He's brutally honest in Slash's mind as well. According to Slash that is, so it's possible he lied, or Axl is a really good brutally honest liar. He could have tricked Slash into believing he was brutally honest when Slash signed over the rights to the biggest band in the world to him for example when in fact he was... honestly? lying. But he rarely does that cause he's brutally honest.

Edited by Rovim