The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I won't be disappointed because from my perspective, IN MY OPINION, Axl has retired and won't come back. His employees are leaving, he doesn't have music ready to release, he will never forgive Slash, or at least accept to join him again and reform Guns n' Roses, abandoning his solo project with the same name, etc.

Axl may be enjoying life or he can be depressed as fuck seeing his solo project falling apart. It's something we will never know because he is retired and probably will never speak to public again.

The only thing that gives me 0,00001% hope that a reunion might happen is the silence from every party involved, but then again, that could just be them being assholes to fans, nothing new.

I hate to agree with you, but this is probably the most likely scenario right now. All this reunion stuff has been based on Slash saying he and Axl are cool again. All that probably means is they signed off on each others live albums and DVDs. I want a reunion, but I won't believe it until an official announcement is made.

I've been saying this ever since Vegas: Axl is finished.

This is what, the fifth "lineup" of employees to leave? I can't even keep track.

What do you expect him to do? He's made such an adamant position for decades now about how he IS guns, how slash should never have been in guns, the list of insanity is a mile long.

You expect him to suddenly appear onstage, hugging Salsh and winking back at Popcorn behind the kit?

Or, you expect him to find an even lower quality set of employees than DJ and Ron? Who's next, the random fat dad who plays 12bar blues at your local VFW while wearing baggy khaki shorts and sandals with socks?

Come on, it's over. Just accept it.

• Like 2

I won't be disappointed because from my perspective, IN MY OPINION, Axl has retired and won't come back. His employees are leaving, he doesn't have music ready to release, he will never forgive Slash, or at least accept to join him again and reform Guns n' Roses, abandoning his solo project with the same name, etc.

Axl may be enjoying life or he can be depressed as fuck seeing his solo project falling apart. It's something we will never know because he is retired and probably will never speak to public again.

The only thing that gives me 0,00001% hope that a reunion might happen is the silence from every party involved, but then again, that could just be them being assholes to fans, nothing new.

I gotta be honest and say I'd be sooooooooooooo disappointed if you're right and Axl is done.

Axl said he's not done. Fortus said big things in 2016. Slash and Axl on better terms it seems. Duff and Axl are friends again. 2 guitar players and a bass player left new Guns.

Axl has a finished album. There are a lot of options. Whatever happens, I think we'll get more. At least more Vegas residencies.

Axl lies. Fortus lies. Slash and Axl on better terms means nothing, you know that. Duff and Axl played together again, do you know if they have been hanging out together? Essential members of Axl's solo band left.

Axl claims to have a finished album, there's ZERO proof it's true. There are three options: CD2, reunion or retirement. Nothing will happen. I kinda agree that the only likely scenario is more cash-grab residencies with new hacks.

• Like 1

Axl lies. Fortus lies. Slash and Axl on better terms means nothing, you know that. Duff and Axl played together again, do you know if they have been hanging out together? Essential members of Axl's solo band left.

Axl claims to have a finished album, there's ZERO proof it's true. There are three options: CD2, reunion or retirement. Nothing will happen. I kinda agree that the only likely scenario is more cash-grab residencies with new hacks.

Axl is brutally honest. Why bring another shit storm on his ass from his fan base if there's nothing left? doesn't make sense he'll lie about that and many people have said it does exist. Marc seems to agree Slash and Axl are on better terms, and Slash himself said it was nice to get rid of some of the animosity.

CD ll was completed 15 years ago bro. It just sits there. Something will happen.

Edited by Rovim

Axl is brutally honest.

Do what now?

You do know the dude has said a LOT of things that aren't true, right?

• Like 1

Axl is brutally honest.

Do what now?

Everybody lies. Axl lied before he did the Illusions tour. He said he didn't want to go on tour.

Brutally honest people lie, cause they're humans. But what it means to be honest is the quantity, and the way one feels after they lie. The reason for a lie is also a factor.

But specifically talking about Axl, he has never lied about how many songs he wrote or material he accumulated. He has no reason to lie about CD ll after what happened with Chinese.

You don't take into consideration the position he has been when he lied, the fact people change their mind (like maybe Axl did about trilogies)

So yeah, brutally honest. Very rarely lies imo.

• Like 1

Axl is brutally honest.

I'm sorry for you.

Do what now?

Everybody lies....

Axl lied...

Brutally honest people lie...

But specifically talking about Axl, he has never lied about how many songs he wrote or material he accumulated. He has no reason to lie about CD ll after what happened with Chinese.

You don't take into consideration the position he has been when he lied, the fact people change their mind (like maybe Axl did about trilogies)

So yeah, brutally honest. Very rarely lies imo.

I'm not even sure where to go here.

Axl is brutally honest, yet he lies?

He lied about the UYI Tour, yet he isn't lying about something we have no proof of?

For the record, I fall under the category of people who think Axl believes what he says when he says it. That doesn't mean that it doesn't end up being a lie in the end though.

• Like 1

He lied about the UYI Tour, yet he isn't lying about something we have no proof of?

Precisely.

Solid reasoning :lol:

It really is if you actually give it some thought. And if you also consider the number of people that have talked about the material when a lot of them had no reason to lie either.

Here's a fact: everybody lies. Would you say there are no brutally honest people in the world? and when do you lose the title of being brutally honest? when you lie once, twice, three times? when do you become Slash?

Edited by Rovim

Precisely.

Solid reasoning :lol:

It really is if you actually give it some thought. And if you also consider the number of people that have talked about the material when a lot of them had no reason to lie either.

Here's a fact: everybody lies. Would you say there are no brutally honest people in the world? and when do you lose the title of being brutally honest? when you lie once, twice, three times? when do you become Slash?

The point is this: you can't say "Axl is brutally honest" and then say he lies in the same breath.

Also, you can't point to the amount of material supposedly finished in the vault since there's zero proof of any of it outside of a couple poorly mixed leaks and some truly stunningly bad remixes.

• Like 1

The point is this: you can't say "Axl is brutally honest" and then say he lies in the same breath.

Also, you can't point to the amount of material supposedly finished in the vault since there's zero proof of any of it outside of a couple poorly mixed leaks and some truly stunningly bad remixes.

Brian May lied and he admitted he lied to everyone about Freddie's condition when he was dying. The whole band lied.

The very same Brian May said in a radio interview more than 15 years ago there was a lot of Axl material. More than one album with vocals.

Is Brian May a liar? is he honest?

This is the point: You fail to grasp the simple fact lying is a tool everyone uses to some degree. Those who rarely use it can be called brutally honest, based on the little I know as a fan, specifically in relation to what we were discussing which was Axl lying about the existence of CD ll.

Edited by Rovim

Brian May lied and he admitted he lied to everyone about Freddie's condition when he was dying. The whole band lied.

The very same Brian May said in a radio interview more than 15 years ago there was a lot of Axl material. More than one album with vocals.

Is Brian May a liar? is he honest?

This is the point: You fail to grasp the simple fact lying is a tool everyone uses to some degree. Those who rarely use it can be called brutally honest, based on the little I know as a fan, specifically in relation to what we were discussing which was Axl lying about the existence of CD ll.

No no.... I get that. I'm not the one who brought #integrity into this.

What I'm saying is that you can't just hold Axl up as this shinning example of someone who's "brutally honest" when you yourself are pointing out things he's lied about. Yes, Axl said he's not done. Yes, Axl said we'd have all sorts of new music. He also said that we'd have all of it by now. That never came true. So how is it that he's telling the truth?

Axl's in a meeting right now.

3 hours? 2-4 months??

Can you confirm the length of this meeting?

What I'm saying is that you can't just hold Axl up as this shinning example of someone who's "brutally honest" when you yourself are pointing out things he's lied about. Yes, Axl said he's not done. Yes, Axl said we'd have all sorts of new music. He also said that we'd have all of it by now. That never came true. So how is it that he's telling the truth?

It doesn't have to come true for it to not be a lie. I can use Axl as a good example of an artist that is brutally honest. I think he believes it to be true when he says it in the majority of the times. Especially when he gives interviews. And he chooses his words carefully now to not create expectations after what happened with Chinese.

He's late as shit. That's definitely true, but Chinese was released and supported live for years. He said he's not going anywhere, and he worked 10 years on Chinese. Why would he be satisfied in releasing just half of it? I think he'd at least attempt to release more original material.

Edited by Rovim

It doesn't have to come true for it to not be a lie. I can use Axl as a good example of an artist that is brutally honest. I think he believes it to be true when he says it in the majority of the times. Especially when he gives interviews. And he chooses his words carefully now to not create expectations after what happened with Chinese.

He's late as shit. That's definitely true, but Chinese was released and supported live for years. He said he's not going anywhere, and he worked 10 years on Chinese. Why would he be satisfied in releasing just half of it? I think he'd at least attempt to release more original material.

Just because he believed it when he said it doesn't make it any less of a lie. Like I said with the example of all the CD material; the dude said we'd have at least 3 albums by now. I'm sure he thought that was true when he said it, but it turned out not to be true ergo, it was a lie. Of course we don't know what the outcome of all of this is, and as I've said over and over; I'd LOVE for Axl to prove me wrong.

As for "Why would he be satisfied in releasing just half of it?" well, that's a whole other can of worms. The list of things that don't make sense in GN'R world is FAR longer than the list of things that do. That's just one of the many mysteries we may never have an answer to.