The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

maybe slash and co will have special guests at there new years eve show (Axl and Duff) ???

I wonder who axl celebrates Xmas with as he has no wife/kids ???

Beta.

Axl isn't going to preform with slash prereunion. He'd be throwing money away if he did.

I agree there for him not to perform pre reunion but, there is really no reason to not announce the reunion unless hey just don't have everything legally worked in writing yet.

Wonder where dish nation got their sources on this information now...?

I haven't posted here in a while and only have a quick browse every few days to see if there's any news I may have missed, so I haven't actually read a lot of posts. But i don't see much talk about the 2017 reunion rumours. I thought there might have been some truth to those rumours as it's been reported in quite a few places now just different festivals being mentioned. I haven't actually read one post or seen this mentioned ever, but I suddenly realised today that 2017 will be the 30 year anniversary of Appetite....? Seems likely they'll reunite for an anniversary tour in my opinion. I can't really see Axl doing more shows to show his loyalty to the current members because he'd have to bring another guitarist or 2 in to do that, but Slash probably has commitments for a while so by the time he finishes those up 2017 won't be far off surely.

Not sure if the majority of you are just joking around but if not I think we're all being a little impatient at the moment haha, they only spoke to each other recently! And it's obviously a massive, massive thing to plan out. In every aspect.

^^ this is how these insane rumors get started. One person says something like this, and then suddenly "yeah, I'll probably see GNR in the second leg of their AFD anniversary tour."

The only thing that happened is that slash and ax are signing off on $150 pillows. That's it.

I don't know why we are all waiting for an announcement and there are excuses like Scott's death, Paris attack ,Slash's tour etc.We don't have any announcement because nothing is final.Yeah,it seems that there have been thoughts or even talks-but this is far away from a done deal. Duff is Axl's buddy again and he played a key role in Slash's and Axl's relationship.SInce Axl or TB haven't deny anything, I guess we can believe. Plus, I don't see why people think TB as an obstacle to the reunion thing.It's fucking business. They can make millions just from a world tour. GN'R have a last chance before saying goodbye. If Axl goes on with a new line up,with two new guitarists ,that would be a failure-just like most of the nuGNR line ups(even if I liked them,they didn't work out).I know these things are said every day in this topic, but I just wanted to share it.

ps :Since Slash's statement about his "friendship" with Axl, everyone is quiet.And NONE of the original line up was asked to comment on that.It's a huge thing if it's true and no one ever asked Slash again-or even Duff to comment(since he is friend with both Axl n Slash).That's kinda weird. I mean,If a was a journalist, I would surely ask an original guy to comment on that.

• Like 1

I don't know why we are all waiting for an announcement and there are excuses like Scott's death, Paris attack ,Slash's tour etc.We don't have any announcement because nothing is final.Yeah,it seems that there have been thoughts or even talks-but this is far away from a done deal. Duff is Axl's buddy again and he played a key role in Slash's and Axl's relationship.SInce Axl or TB haven't deny anything, I guess we can believe. Plus, I don't see why people think TB as an obstacle to the reunion thing.It's fucking business. They can make millions just from a world tour. GN'R have a last chance before saying goodbye. If Axl goes on with a new line up,with two new guitarists ,that would be a failure-just like most of the nuGNR line ups(even if I liked them,they didn't work out).I know these things are said every day in this topic, but I just wanted to share it.

ps :Since Slash's statement about his "friendship" with Axl, everyone is quiet.And NONE of the original line up was asked to comment on that.It's a huge thing if it's true and no one ever asked Slash again-or even Duff to comment(since he is friend with both Axl n Slash).That's kinda weird. I mean,If a was a journalist, I would surely ask an original guy to comment on that.

TB might be in issue due to the fact that 1. Beta hates Slash

2. Beta twists reality and tells Axl what he wants to hear.

• Like 1

Beta might be a yes man (woman) but I doubt she hates Slash or would sabotage a reunion. I imagine she'd do whatever Axl wants.

Beta might be a yes man (woman) but I doubt she hates Slash or would sabotage a reunion. I imagine she'd do whatever Axl wants.
A lot of people think Because beta is a "motherly" figure to axl, that like many moms, she can be overprotective and even shield axl from what he needs to see and hear. For example, slash said when he made that unannounced visit to axls house in '06, he only spoke to Beta. That appeared to be Beta keeping axl from talking to slash which, would be unfair since it was axls beef to begin with. I don't know the lebeis family but, if they are indeed moochers and hangers on like some here claim they are, then it wouldn't make sense to keep axl from slash knowing the money they would produce from performing together again. Edited by Billsfan

A lot of people think Because beta is a "motherly" figure to axl, that like many moms, she can be overprotective and even shield axl from what he needs to see and hear. For example, slash said when he made that unannounced visit to axls house in '06, he only spoke to Beta. That appeared to be Beta keeping axl from talking to slash which, would be unfair since it was axls beef to begin with. I don't know the lebeis family but, if they are indeed moochers and hangers on like some here claim they are, then it wouldn't make sense to keep axl from slash knowing the money they would produce from performing together again.

Well I stand corrected. I'm not too knowledgeable about the Beta-Axl situation.

Anyone think Axl would try to tour with the Bucket / Brain/ Finck lineup?

He could try but I think only Brain would accept it for money. The other two will never work for Axl again.

But a guest appearance is possible by Robin, like he did in 2012. Slash said he knew all the guitar players in new Guns except Bucket and they were cool.

But never mind that now. Slash and Fortus. Must mingle. I think Slash and Fortus in Guns could work well. They have cock rock and Jeff Beck in common.

Edited by Rovim

He could try but I think only Brain would accept it for money. The other two will never work for Axl again.

Bucket would never come back, I see Robin and Brain coming back on a 2 year contract for just touring. Its good easy money. But they will NEVER become full time members to "record" another album, they have learnt their lesson.

If only Fernando could come in here and chat with us again to tell us what's going on. Reality is the situation must become more and more serious so he can come here for another damage control section. That's how GNR's management communicates. They wait for things to get really ugly so they can bash and offend fans thinking they are right, while in reality good communication throughout time would eliminate all negativity and bring fans and band closer. Too bad they, and their boss, are not very intelligent people and they love the "us against the world" childish mentality.

Bucket would never come back, I see Robin and Brain coming back on a 2 year contract for just touring. Its good easy money. But they will NEVER become full time members to "record" another album, they have learnt their lesson.

Learnt?

I don't think some of you are believing hard enough...if we all believe really hard then it has to happen!

I just never thought Axl would disappear like this again. We saw him consistently for 5 years from 09-14. That was the longest stretch since 87-93, but here we are again....a year and a half later and no sign of GNR or Axl. I mean don't call me crazy, he's entitled to a break, but I'm with many of you when all we want is an update on what to expect.

The problem is every time this happens we assume reunion, which in this case might very well be true. But it just seems like a convenient excuse at the moment for the lack of communication between the fans and the band. We all say the silence is ok bc they are ironing out some details or whatever, but what if they aren't? It sets up the disappointment. And yea even GNR fans can still be disappointed by a band that has presented 1 album in 20 years, and been teased by a completed 2nd album that we are not worthy of hearing.

Then we have some assistant manager come here and tell us wait 2-4 months for news, of course we get nothing 2-4 months later. We are more confused now than ever. People are making up stuff then getting into arguments over the made up stuff, then we have idiots like Trunk who give us the GNR routine of "I hear something but you guys can't hear it, but I hear it but it might not be real, I'll let you all know when I can confirm what I'm hearing...in the meantime quit making stuff up"

I'm not sure what is going on, but they've let this situation get out of hand. And no I don't need any more "Patience" but thanks anyways.

I won't be disappointed because from my perspective, IN MY OPINION, Axl has retired and won't come back. His employees are leaving, he doesn't have music ready to release, he will never forgive Slash, or at least accept to join him again and reform Guns n' Roses, abandoning his solo project with the same name, etc.

Axl may be enjoying life or he can be depressed as fuck seeing his solo project falling apart. It's something we will never know because he is retired and probably will never speak to public again.

The only thing that gives me 0,00001% hope that a reunion might happen is the silence from every party involved, but then again, that could just be them being assholes to fans, nothing new.

• Like 1

I won't be disappointed because from my perspective, IN MY OPINION, Axl has retired and won't come back. His employees are leaving, he doesn't have music ready to release, he will never forgive Slash, or at least accept to join him again and reform Guns n' Roses, abandoning his solo project with the same name, etc.

Axl may be enjoying life or he can be depressed as fuck seeing his solo project falling apart. It's something we will never know because he is retired and probably will never speak to public again.

The only thing that gives me 0,00001% hope that a reunion might happen is the silence from every party involved, but then again, that could just be them being assholes to fans, nothing new.

I gotta be honest and say I'd be sooooooooooooo disappointed if you're right and Axl is done.

I gotta be honest and say I'd be sooooooooooooo disappointed if you're right and Axl is done.

Axl said he's not done. Fortus said big things in 2016. Slash and Axl on better terms it seems. Duff and Axl are friends again. 2 guitar players and a bass player left new Guns.

Axl has a finished album. There are a lot of options. Whatever happens, I think we'll get more. At least more Vegas residencies.