The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

As far as the music writing goes Axl didn't get heavily involved until after UYI and after the tour. He learned rhythm guitar and started working on the music aspect here, where as before his music writing was primarily involved in piano songs.

He did a big part of the lyrics and melody however, I think any of the old members would gladly say Axl was vital to the music as a whole.

I think we can all agree that whatever their formula for getting songs together was working.

I did like Axl saying at the last residency that Izzy contributed one lyric to WTTJ and it was "Jungle"

As far as the music writing goes Axl didn't get heavily involved until after UYI and after the tour. He learned rhythm guitar and started working on the music aspect here, where as before his music writing was primarily involved in piano songs.

He did a big part of the lyrics and melody however, I think any of the old members would gladly say Axl was vital to the music as a whole.

I think we can all agree that whatever their formula for getting songs together was working.

I did like Axl saying at the last residency that Izzy contributed one lyric to WTTJ and it was "Jungle"

Everyone had their own contributions which was great, thats what made the band awesome, there was an element from each one of them, sometimes it was just 2, sometimes all 5 of time, but whatever it was, it was just amazing.

Yeah I did see a video where Axl said Izzy wrote one word which was Jungle, but I assume he meant it as a joke cause I assume when they were writing the song, Axl wouldn't have written Welcome to the...... hmmmm Forest, hmmmmm Park, hmmmmm Tarzan and then Izzy popped up and said Welcome To the JUNGLE man.

Axl did mention a couple of times that he was hitch hiking and some weird dude stopped by and said "You know where you are, you are in the Jungle baby, you gonna die".

As this thread is going no where, I will pitch in a few things from my legit inside source at the BNU, again guys I won't name the person cause he will get in trouble and will basically get fired as he is directly connected to Axl and Company.

I had sent him an email before regarding the update, he did say things were being talked and something will happen in 2016, you can see my previous post regarding that, Yesterday I sent him another email and this was the reply

"Hey buddy, as I told you before talks are happening, in terms of Izzy and Steven......it is complicated. At this moment I can tell you that Slash and Duff have put in Matt's name at the table, In terms of who will be the other guitarist, well Slash is ok with Richard Fortus, so Axl and Slash want Richard, but Duff did say why not call out Izzy, but by the looks of it Axl is not in the favor of Izzy doing a full tour. Axl, Slash and Duff have not talked with each other face to face, all of these "talks" have been through representatives/lawyers since the past few months

There is a lot of shit going on, basically there are in talks with the festival organizers, but the organizers are not putting the X amount of money which the band wants, I hope this will be sorted out soon, probably there will be an announcement soon."

Iets see what we get next year, I will send him an email again next week to know what is happening.

If this is true, chances are the negotiations will break down and nothing will come out of it, OR it will take months or years to reach agreement :D

More like, if this is true, you can bet your bottom dollar that this guys "source" will never, ever respond to his 'buddy' anymore.

I mean, first of all, nobody in their right mind is going to talk about sensitive information like that through email... where there's a paper trail proving one's "guilt" to sharing info they probably shouldn't be. If they're such 'buddies', talking in person or on the phone allows for plausible deniability. Emails do not.

Secondly, what kind of a 'buddy' would turn around and post his source's email, word-for-word, on a forum like this where the information would be the most damning to the source? Any hacker with a little bit of know how can now simply hack this guys email account and find out who the source is.

Even then, if his source sees what he posted on this forum, there's no way he's going to give his 'buddy' anymore information. His 'buddy' is a backstabber... posting what should have been kept in confidence on a public forum. Regardless of the fact Slash787 says "I can't say who it is". He won't share anymore info with him!! Period.

Slash787's 'source' is BS. And anymore 'info' he shares is BS. If it were true, the 'source' isn't going to spill any more beans to him.

Internet forum 101... never believe someone who says "I won't name the person because he will get in trouble".

This translates to BULL SHIT ATTENTION SEEKER.

Do you even know what is the BNU? There are many branches in this organization and I know that "person" personally.

You know why im not naming that person cause Russ who is an admin or maybe other admins know what is BNU, only a few people know about the BNU, so my post will be deleted if I name any person from that organization.

and dude just chill, if something is going to happen, then it will happen? im not confirming or denying anything? just helping out the fans and news agencies like Alternative nation and blabbermouth with some news.

Do you know what FOS means? Well it directly refers to you. This crap is laughable. Everything you posted from your 'buddy' is all pretty much the popular speculation anyway! Axl, Duff, Slash... then whoever else... band is working out deals with promoters. You could have just said that and not wasted valuable space on the internet with your BS "email". It's not even news.

And it is BS. No friend would take something that was spoken in confidence and throw it out on the internet for the world to see.

And no LOGICAL HUMAN BEING would send that kind of sensitive information via email anyway! Unless they were a complete moron.

So, thanks for the update. Anyone that believes this crap, PM me, I have a pink elephant that can fly I'd like to sell.

On to the weather...

Are you sure about that? I don't remember that one. The only one I can recall is that before playing a song, Axl said Izzy only wrote one line in this next song ... Out ta Get Me.

I don't know why I keep checking this thread. Days away could mean 5 years in Axl time! We are also past the 2-4 month timeframe that Ferando said he'd have some information aren't we? I need to give up on this same old crap that I've been putting up with for 20 plus years. It is completely frustrating to be a GNR fan.

Are you sure about that? I don't remember that one. The only one I can recall is that before playing a song, Axl said Izzy only wrote one line in this next song ... Out ta Get Me.

Maybe it's an on going joke. I'll find the video.

http://youtu.be/ubzHpFioKsc

I did stumble upon this one from 2006...kinda rare to see a video shot from the front row in 2006 and how cool does Axl look here with just t shirt and jeans..awesome times

Ps: how do you get the video to show up as a video and not a link?

Edited by IncitingChaos

It's been days.

What's the latest excuse from Axl-worshipper land?

Jarmo and Fernando got a hold of the European tour papers but they're hiding it on axl. The hopes there are that he'll think slash withheld them from him in an attempt to dump slash and bring back Buckethead. The Buckethead rumors have been picking up lately so, we'll see what happens..

And no, they didn't put it in the cookie jar! He surely would have looked there first!

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

Axl has not rehearsed with a band since the early 90s.

yeah really. I heard An interview with brain when he said the closest axl came to rehearsing was when he was watching the band rehearsal while sitting in the dark. notice usually when guns have began a new tour over the last several years axls first few shows suck all because he didn't rehearse.

Hence why I call bullshit every time I hear someone call Axl a perfectionist.

That's convincing you it's not happening? An old manager that claims to have text Slash, and is not stabbing him in the back and leaking the reunion? As reported by youthhealthmag? lol

Dunno why she keeps popping up. Also, i'd wouldn't have thought Slash and her are close still? That was decades ago, and it seemed like everyone bar Vicky, moved on.

Seeing as Mark, who has known Slash for pretty much his entire life and his is mate, can't keep up on a regular basis with him due to the world Slash lives in....i personally doubt that Vicky has little text chats.

Could be wrong though.

BIggest sign something is happening, is that no one in the GNR camp has shot the rumor down (which I think they have done in the past?).

IMO if it does happen, and the rumors of it happening in a year or two are true, then it will run the risk of not being as successful as it could have been (ala. CD release being delayed by years, there are arguments for it to have been a shit ton more successful if released a handful of years earlier). Reunion could possibly go the same way imo. Hopefully it gives Axl time to get in shape, and work on his voice, so he's in form if it does happen.

That's convincing you it's not happening? An old manager that claims to have text Slash, and is not stabbing him in the back and leaking the reunion? As reported by youthhealthmag? lol

lol that Hamilton bit of her revealing private texts with slash was a thread on this forum made weeks ago.. Funny, it's like these "sources" just want something to write so badly, that they really scroll through this forum in not only this topic but topics already discussed from weeks ago In order to explain what is going on. Funny really.

Hopefully one of these sources pick up on the Buckethead news soon.. That will make my day. Whatever day that is.

http://eddietrunk.com/128-my-take-on-the-endless-guns-n-roses-reunion-rumors/

Over the last few months few I have been inundated with people asking me about the rumored Guns n’ Roses reunion. It’s been incredible to see the massive amount of rumors (many being reported and taken as fact) out there. I get that this is something many would like to see, but to watch the incredible amount of misinformation is mind boggling. People are literally making shit up, and there are many just waiting to buy it. I had someone on Twitter ask me about a “second leg” of the tour, when of course there is no FIRST LEG!. A UK website said the tour if off until 2017 recently so Axl can do a proper farewell with the current band. What current band?? He’s down two guitarists! So what, hire two new guys and do a farewell essentially for Tommy Stinson? It’s insane! I get TONS of questions about this because as many know I have a friendship, or know, almost all the players involved potentially. But I have refused to get into the rumor game and promote baseless sources. Just the other day I asked Dana to not post stories about this unless it is CREDITED TO AN OFFICIAL SOURCE. What a concept huh? Actually wait for REAL information!? So what’s going on since there is still no real news? Here is my two cents:

I have said for years I think one day some sort of reunion will happen. Why? Because it’s too big not to, the members are still relatively young, and the money is way too attractive to ignore. The main reason I would like to see it is because as a lifelong promoter of rock and metal it would give our genre a shot in the arm. I do believe and have been told by very reliable sources over the last year or so that indeed there have been talks. But “talks” can go several ways as we all know and have seen. Promoters can and sometimes do make offers for bands and tours not currently formed. Hoping the amount of money makes the bands reunite. Zeppelin, Floyd, etc. I have personally been asked to make offers to the guys in Skid Row to reunite by promoters half a dozen times over the years. Offers happen all the time, putting the pieces in place to make tours happen, not so much. Ego, politics, control, money, merch, control of the name and brand, all play a part. Factor in that when a band splits all the members now have their own managers and agents who must then negotiate. So I think 100% there are talks and hopes of doing something with GnR. How close they are or if they actually happen is anyone’s guess. It could be tomorrow, it could be in five years, it could be never. Unless you are on the very inside with lawyers, agents and managers you just don’t know. And with how volatile this stuff can be it could have been set and pulled off the table five times already for all we know.

Here’s where the fans can’t be blamed for speculation; there has been no announcement from any source that this ISN’T happening! To end this all that would need to happen is Slash, Duff, or Axl put out a statement saying this is not happening and they are staying on their current paths. They would have to be on another planet to not know it’s being talked about everywhere. But if Axl came out tomorrow and said “I have a new lineup, here are my new guys replacing Bumble and DJ, here’s what we are doing” , it would all be over. A statement from anyone killing it will stop all the madness. But since that has not happened you can’t blame any fan who wants this for dreaming. And it likely means there are still talks ongoing. So the speculation and rumors will continue until we get an announcement saying one thing or the other. All I will say is be careful what you believe and consider where it’s coming from. The “media” world is so saturated with irresponsible people who’s affiliation might be a twitter feed or web page that it can make your head spin. And it amazes me how some people in my industry of radio put some of this on the air as fact! Everyone is looking to be the first, or get the most clicks for their page. Let’s all chill and discuss and dissect when there is REAL information one way or the other. I actually had people calling my radio show the other day upset about who’s not being included in a reunion that hasn’t even been announced at all in any way, shape or form! If/when there is REAL news we will get into then. And as I said, for all I know that can be tomorrow, next week, or never. But until then all we need is a little patience…

PS: I’ve also been asked by many, “hey, you know these guys, ask them what’s up”. I’m not going to put these guys in that position. They know me, if they want to tell me anything on or off the record they will. They aren’t dumb and neither am I. The way to handle stuff like this properly and professionally to maintain relationships is to make requests at times like these through proper channels for interviews. I of course have done that and my doors are wide open to any and all to discuss. To date Steven Adler and Gilby Clarke were the only ones to come forward and discuss this on my radio show from LA a couple months ago and give their take. I truly hope when the time is right and there is something to announce either way I can share it with you through the band members when they want to talk. But I’m not going to put these guys who I have been friends with and worked with often over the years in an awkward position until they are ready to discuss. It would serve no purpose and obviously nobody is going to say anything on the record with anyone until they want to and know what’s up.

http://eddietrunk.com/128-my-take-on-the-endless-guns-n-roses-reunion-rumors/

Over the last few months few I have been inundated with people asking me about the rumored Guns n Roses reunion. Its been incredible to see the massive amount of rumors (many being reported and taken as fact) out there. I get that this is something many would like to see, but to watch the incredible amount of misinformation is mind boggling. People are literally making shit up, and there are many just waiting to buy it. I had someone on Twitter ask me about a second leg of the tour, when of course there is no FIRST LEG!. A UK website said the tour if off until 2017 recently so Axl can do a proper farewell with the current band. What current band?? Hes down two guitarists! So what, hire two new guys and do a farewell essentially for Tommy Stinson? Its insane! I get TONS of questions about this because as many know I have a friendship, or know, almost all the players involved potentially. But I have refused to get into the rumor game and promote baseless sources. Just the other day I asked Dana to not post stories about this unless it is CREDITED TO AN OFFICIAL SOURCE. What a concept huh? Actually wait for REAL information!? So whats going on since there is still no real news? Here is my two cents:

I have said for years I think one day some sort of reunion will happen. Why? Because its too big not to, the members are still relatively young, and the money is way too attractive to ignore. The main reason I would like to see it is because as a lifelong promoter of rock and metal it would give our genre a shot in the arm. I do believe and have been told by very reliable sources over the last year or so that indeed there have been talks. But talks can go several ways as we all know and have seen. Promoters can and sometimes do make offers for bands and tours not currently formed. Hoping the amount of money makes the bands reunite. Zeppelin, Floyd, etc. I have personally been asked to make offers to the guys in Skid Row to reunite by promoters half a dozen times over the years. Offers happen all the time, putting the pieces in place to make tours happen, not so much. Ego, politics, control, money, merch, control of the name and brand, all play a part. Factor in that when a band splits all the members now have their own managers and agents who must then negotiate. So I think 100% there are talks and hopes of doing something with GnR. How close they are or if they actually happen is anyones guess. It could be tomorrow, it could be in five years, it could be never. Unless you are on the very inside with lawyers, agents and managers you just dont know. And with how volatile this stuff can be it could have been set and pulled off the table five times already for all we know.

Heres where the fans cant be blamed for speculation; there has been no announcement from any source that this ISNT happening! To end this all that would need to happen is Slash, Duff, or Axl put out a statement saying this is not happening and they are staying on their current paths. They would have to be on another planet to not know its being talked about everywhere. But if Axl came out tomorrow and said I have a new lineup, here are my new guys replacing Bumble and DJ, heres what we are doing , it would all be over. A statement from anyone killing it will stop all the madness. But since that has not happened you cant blame any fan who wants this for dreaming. And it likely means there are still talks ongoing. So the speculation and rumors will continue until we get an announcement saying one thing or the other. All I will say is be careful what you believe and consider where its coming from. The media world is so saturated with irresponsible people whos affiliation might be a twitter feed or web page that it can make your head spin. And it amazes me how some people in my industry of radio put some of this on the air as fact! Everyone is looking to be the first, or get the most clicks for their page. Lets all chill and discuss and dissect when there is REAL information one way or the other. I actually had people calling my radio show the other day upset about whos not being included in a reunion that hasnt even been announced at all in any way, shape or form! If/when there is REAL news we will get into then. And as I said, for all I know that can be tomorrow, next week, or never. But until then all we need is a little patience

PS: Ive also been asked by many, hey, you know these guys, ask them whats up. Im not going to put these guys in that position. They know me, if they want to tell me anything on or off the record they will. They arent dumb and neither am I. The way to handle stuff like this properly and professionally to maintain relationships is to make requests at times like these through proper channels for interviews. I of course have done that and my doors are wide open to any and all to discuss. To date Steven Adler and Gilby Clarke were the only ones to come forward and discuss this on my radio show from LA a couple months ago and give their take. I truly hope when the time is right and there is something to announce either way I can share it with you through the band members when they want to talk. But Im not going to put these guys who I have been friends with and worked with often over the years in an awkward position until they are ready to discuss. It would serve no purpose and obviously nobody is going to say anything on the record with anyone until they want to and know whats up.

Well said Eddie. Well said.

Poor Eddie feels like this is his reunion haha I expect a long letter from Axl...not a radio personality. Imagine the pressure Slash has been under to talk about this. Eddie gets 3 fans that talk to him about guns and he freaks out.

To be fair to the fans Eddie it was you who put this rumor out that you had sources that told you it's going to happen...so don't get mad about the pointless speculation. This isn't a product of silence from the band, it's irresponsible ghost journalism on your part also.

Edited by IncitingChaos